1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In fact, as individual comic writes they are MUCH better writers, IMO

2. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

You are right Medinnus they are better writers individually than together. Together they did shows like ben 10 which have originality because it's their creation. But now that they are with marvel, they are handling prestige characters from comics.

So they have to do it in a way that made them great in the first place and that is writing as if they are writing a comic book.

I think between them the should be a story editor and I vote for eighter Joe Kelly or Joe Casey which handles the story arc and character development sub stories and each person individually writes an episode and they can have guest writers like Bendis, Fraction, Peter David and so on

3. NuclearBLt

NuclearBLt Member

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Not really a confirmation they will be in there yet. They could be but it doesn't sound final. A lot can change in the next two years.

5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Okay, first I apologize if anyone is in love with these guys work. I'm not a fan of their work, cause I do not watch Ben 10 nor have I read any of the comics these guys are associated with. I am going to back peddle here for a moment, and say that while these guys may be fans of the work, and even writers of comics, based solely on their resume and their style of story telling from the shows that I have seen, I'm not looking forward to what they'll have in store. I can just tell from what they have done, things do not bode well. I think the second issue I have is that I am comparing them to a higher standard, which is probably not fair, but I think am. It's like the older brother (WB Animation), went to the military, got a degree, has a stable wife and kids and the younger (Disney/Marvel), wants to stick with his 9to 5 dead end job, date sporadically, party every weekend, and just take one day at a time. I hope Disney Marvel matures into not thinking on kids show terms, that's the real issue at hand.

6. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Yes sir you are absolutely right that is what I want marvel to do, get into the WB Animation game with their Marvel characters, just like how Spectacular Spider-man, Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers EMH'S where almost there, the reason why I said almost is because of the Animation budget

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Feige's "the script could change though!" reaction tells me they ARE in the current script, just it could be subject to change. Still, I hope this means Wanda will join the cast of the show.

8. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

What does this even mean? Young Justice just got cancelled after 46 episodes. Green Lantern got cancelled after 26.

Oh and Teen Titans Go. Where are all these seriously mature WB animated shows now?

No one has even seen a single frame of animation from this show either.

9. Captain Travis

Defensive much?

10. TheSkeletonMan93

Sure they're being cancelled, but often the successor series is also something interesting and mature. Something that isn't really happening with Marvel.

11. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

I don't get the reason for being defensive. Young Justice has one of the largest fandoms I've seen on the Internet and that's primarily because of the serious, serialized storylines and gradual character development. Ultimate Spider-Man, a series generally full of one-offs that don't mean a whole lot and characters that stay static, doesn't have a highly visible fandom.

I know that Internet fandoms are 13-35 on average, not the target demos, but Young Justice did very well for itself among the older crowd and its ratings with the younger crowd was definitely good. YJ got screwed over by Cartoon Network messing with YJ from the very start, including premiering it too soon when only a few episodes were produced, forcing it to take a six-month hiatus after episode 8, and the scheduling problems just escalated from there. Green Lantern got a lot of the same issues.

12. RoryWilliams

From what Bruce Timm said, Green Lantern was cancelled because of the lack of merchandise, which seems to be a recurring cause of death for action shows.

13. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Avengers Assemble definitely doesn't have this problem.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Okay, I've been reading a lot of comments of people saying that they're worried Avengers Assemble will be like Ultimate Spider-Man or Agents of SMASH in tone. I doubt it. Assemble doesn't look like it'll be part comedy at all.

15. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We don't even know what Agents of SMASH will be in tone. Wait and see.

16. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

So what? I'd both those shows are much better than Ben 10 (the first series I don't think MOA worked on it after that), Generator Rex & most definitely Ultimate Spider-Man. So if you're not really a fan of MOA there's a good chance you won't like more of their work.

I'm personally optimistic though, since I love action cartoons so I'm more forgiving of mediocre writing, especially for what is essentially free entertainment.

17. Alex20

Alex20 Member

But these shows are for kids.

18. RoryWilliams

Well my general point is I'd say that both channels ultimately care about the bottom line. Cartoon Network's recent DC animation was excellent and more adult-oriented but at the end of the day the network still cares more about the kiddie demographic and toy sales than actually appealing to adult collectors or hardcore fans. Which is unfortunate but is more or less the way it's always been. Even JLU had a huge toy line going on while it was running.

19. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There aint nothing wrong with a healthy bottom line, especially when it allows series to survive. The best writing in the world can't save an unprofitable series, as we've seen time and again.

20. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

That is the lamest excuse in the history of lame excuses.