1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jun 12, 2012.

1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

It really just looks like the modern Hawkeye design, which is fine. That's the version most of their audience is going to be familiar with since the movie was most people's first exposure to the character. And since they probably don't know who Wonder Man is that's even easier.

2. The Dark Lord

The Dark Lord Active Member

I'd argue that SMASH has more potential than AA, considering Gilroy and Dini's involvement.

3. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You mean "present it as fact" - and its such a common thing here that its not worth calling out. This whole board is rife with people who can't tell the difference between an evidence-based argument, and an opinion-based assertion... )

4. Captain Travis

I don't think the show will be for me based on the premise, not saying its going to be awful I just dont think I'll like it.

5. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

That can't be the final look, it looks nothing like those pics we saw before that looks a lot better, it looks like it has more to do with the animation test that was shown at comic con than the final product.

6. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Maybe. Haweye is back to purple in the show.

7. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What things can you think of to put the Marvel's Avengers Assemble logo on? Toys, party supplies, notebooks, and folders are things I could see the logo on. How about tape? Yes, there is going to be Avengers tape out there, from Licensing Magazine. That's an unusual thing for branded products.

I also saw this at InsidetheMagic. The Disney cruise ship Magic is getting an attraction called Marvel's Avengers Academy. Note the artwork in the background of one of the pictures, as it is from Marvel's Avengers Assemble.

8. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

I thought it sounded like a bit of a gamble to dedicate a whole room of a boat to a show that hasn't come out yet, but it looks like that picture could get swapped for one related to the movie or even the comics if the cartoon does worse than expected. Pretty smart.

9. RoryWilliams

There's a blog called Marvel Represent that's been posting a bunch of stuff having to do with Assemble. There's already party supplies, notebooks, school supplies, water guns, and of course action figures for the show. The licensers really went all out with this show.

10. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's because the movie did so well - shame we didn't get this kind of push for AEMH, but nobody had much pre-movie confidence (besides, like, us...).

11. Dsneybuf

The more I read posts like that, the more surprising I find it that EMH got greenlit at all.

12. RoryWilliams

Well EMH came out when the Marvel Cinematic Universe was still young. Perhaps they were hoping Iron Man's popularity would get it a bunch of merchandising and what not.

13. Dsneybuf

Should I blame the toy companies for the lack of good merchandise, then?

14. RoryWilliams

I'm not really sure who to blame is or if there needs to be blame. EMH is done.

15. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

AEMH was an attempt to raise awareness of the Avengers franchise and its contributing movies, Thor and CA.. It worked. 'Nuff said!

16. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

My hope is that SMASH rivals Batman Brave and the Bold and Avengers Assemble rivals Young Justice. Marvel is just slowly starting their animation division and now would be the time to prove themselves before us fans start completely dismissing them.

17. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Well, Avengers Assemble is starting off the way Young Justice did, with practically zero female characters, so there's something AA rivals YJ at already. [/rimshot]

18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

As a guy that was a big fan of the last transitional period of Marvel animation, it kind of sucks watching everything restart again after they'd progressed to the point where they started making stuff like AEMH and Planet Hulk, and when it also seems like there are more resources available than there were previously. I still haven't gotten the vibe that the current guys are quite as ambitious as the last bunch but I'm always very open to being surprised.

19. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yost and Fine were dedicated to just doing the comics justice. I remember Weisman said they wanted a kinda definitive version of Spider-Man for SSM, and it looked like some of that inspiration rubbed off on Josh Fine when he was on Avengers EMH. So I'm willing to just not really judge these guys too hard if they're not comic fans. You see the results. Guys like Timm, Dini, and Tucker have a products that were dedicated to fans because they simply were fans too.

20. RoryWilliams

The guys doing the show wrote comics for years. I don't know about Avengers but one of them wrote for the X-Men in the past. I have no idea where people are getting the idea that they aren't fans.