1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Feb 7, 2017.

1. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I'd love it if Wasp's costume eyes were expressive like Spider-Man or White Tiger's were.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

You know, I was going to mention Carol, but I thought it was clear that I was talking about the other 4 characters that have the look of the movie and are inferior to Kamala on design... Carol costume is ugly too, but take off her helmet and she will look better than those 4, IMO.

Wasp was definitely the least benefited... we went from a great original design in EMH to this ugly costume, I mean... the helmet is even necessary? Pym particles here shouldn't have the oxygen limitations it have in the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Let's hope Carol's movie costume is more streamlined and visually appealing then what she's sporting here :sweat:.

I hope Wasp has as much personality here as she did in EMH :D,

• Like Like x 2
  4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Ngh, not a fan of Wasp's new helmet. :/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Wasp is definitely not a character who I think needs a mask or helmet, given how expressive she generally is, but I guess they've got to align the design with the movies :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Granted. However, seeing how Marvel is obsessed with making the comic book and animated versions of their characters resemble their live action movie versions, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that Marvel had one of their comic book artists to design Carol's current costume as a more live action movie friendly costume. Hence why Carol had a helmet/mask that worked like Iron Man's helmet and why she keeps running around without her mask/helmet on. It's all about being in synergy with any current,upcoming,or possible future Marvel movies.

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Eh. I actually think BP's looks nicer. I enjoy the tribal details on it. But I forgot "It's from the movies so it must be bad!" :p

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's not bad, just a tad over-designed and busy for a cartoon :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Again, I don't mind it. I dislike how plain a lot of his costumes tend to look. A like a more regal, tribal look.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ordinarily I'd agree, but here it just looks a little too clunky for my tastes :ack:.

11. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

I don't mind BP costume but it seems off. Assemble's weird color makes bright colors seem washed out and dark colors blend in the background.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I wonder who will be on the Leader's CABAL? I expect and hope for MODOK. Any interaction between him and the Leader will be hilarious as they have the same arrogant and rude personality though the Leader is much more charming.

I hope Asgard is one of these worlds, I'm hankering for a Kurse appearance, like most Thor villains he's criminally underrated.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope this Cabal is totally new. I don't think it would be wise to bring back any of the original members in season 1, like Modok :ack:.

I feel like Kang is probably going to be a member, and contributed to the Cabal displacing the other Avengers. He's someone I can definitely see chafing under taking orders from the Leader, even if I also don't think this version of Kang will really be able to do much about it...

It'd be cool if we got an Asgardian villain in there, like Enchantress, rather then reusing Loki again for the umpteenth time. Maybe they'll find a way to use Hela for movie synergy :rolleyes2:?

I'd say Zemo would've been a good choice if they weren't trying to make him into a good guy, unless they have Kang pull Heinrich out of time so he can join this group :eek:.

Maybe Yelena will be a member? It'd be nice to see her again :evil:.

I'm wondering if there'll be any villains reflective of the New Avengers: Killmonger? Man-Ape? Yellowjacket? Probably too soon to bring back Ultron :shrug:.

I don't know if the shows still care for promoting the Inhumans, but Maximus could be a potential wild card for the Cabal, though I hope he's more like his Guardians personality then how he was depicted in the Civil War story o_O.

• Like Like x 2
  14. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

So you guys think this the last season?

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Even if it is, I expect we'll probably get a new Avengers cartoon to follow-it up, like with Spider-Man.

Especially with Infinity War coming out next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TheLemsterPju

I think with the animated Spider-Man reboot, Disney probably wanted something that was closer to the films. With how Ultimate played out by the end, I can see why.

As for Avengers Assemble, it always resembled the movies. I can't really see them replacing it with another Avengers show. I think it will keep going until there's another Marvel team in the films that becomes big enough to replace them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Sometimes a simple design is more effective, Kalama costume is simple like almost all costumes in comics... even Carol costume in comics is a lot simpler than this one, but if you adapt movies costumes in comics and animation, they look weird and ugly in most cases...
    not to mention more difficult for animators, Black Panther don't look so bad, but he looked better in EMH, IMO.

Anyway... this series will not end, but expect a mini-retcon... I mean, season 3 was almost like a retcon, for moments it felt like a first season... now with alternate universes and time travel, expect a lot a changes to make it look even more MCU.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Troy Troodon

I don't see how USP ended terribly.

19. TheLemsterPju

What I meant was that it got full closure. If the higher-ups wanted a younger, less-experienced Spider-Man, the only way to do that was a total reboot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Troy Troodon

Ah, I got'cha.

• Agree Agree x 1