1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Feb 7, 2017.

1. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

MARVEL’S AVENGERS: SECRET WARS Coming to Disney XD This Summer

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The animated shorts are a nice surprise. I think it's pretty cool Marvel is starting to do more stuff like this for their shows.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I wonder who else will be in the Cabal. Looks like Kari Wahlgren will be voicing the Wasp. Amusing this is the second time she's voiced a short haired brunette in an Avengers show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #83 RoryWilliams, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I love that we're getting shorts focusing on the origins of and showcasing the New Avengers. Not only will it provide some much-needed context for these characters that we didn't really get in Ultron Revolution, but it brings to mind the Microsodes of EMH, as well as the Guardians shorts :).

Just really happy to see Marvel Animation is doing more stuff like this to expand on the cartoons. It makes me even more interested to see if they might do the same for the new Spider-Man cartoon :proud:?

I also guess this explains why Josh Keaton is voicing Ant-Man for the shorts, rather then Grant George, since they've recast Scott. I wonder if that's because they're changing his characterization, and cast Keaton as a result? I'm actually going to kind of miss George :(.

Kari Wahlgren as The Wasp? That should be a lot of fun. I kinda wish she was voicing Janet instead of Hope, because she'd do a great Jan, but it'll be nice to have Kari Wahlgren as a main cast member in a Marvel cartoon again :D.

Also kind of funny to think that she's also voicing Starfire in the DC Animated movies, so she's moving from starbolts to wasp stingers :cool:.

I kinda have to roll my eyes at the idea of reviving the Cabal again as the main villains given how well that went over in season 1, but there's probably a better chance of making the group work here then there was in the first season ;).

Though I'm surprised they're calling them the Cabal and not the Masters of Evil, given it's not like the T-Bolts are using that name. They're probably going to feel more like the latter then the former at any rate. Heck, if Leader is leading them I'm surprised they're not calling the group the Intelligencia :sweat:.

It's also kind of weird to think that Leader will be the main villain of this season, what with him leading the Cabal. Not that I'm against featuring him, but it's just kind of odd pitting him against a group without The Hulk on it and also brings to mind how overused he was on Agents of SMASH :ack:...

Well, we know Kang is showing up this season, so he might potentially be a member. I hope no one from the original Cabal turns up...

With Wahlgren as part of the cast, I actually wonder if she might also reprise Enchantress :anime:?

• Like Like x 2
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel has the full multiplatform schedule.

I didn't even realize looking over the cast details they list Josh Keaton as Ant-Man. That's cool, though I wonder why they're not using both actors from the Ant-man animated shorts for this series as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. RoryWilliams

Do we know who is voicing Wasp in the shorts?

And I just realized no Falcon on the poster. I wonder if he's being put on the bus now that they have another black guy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just noticed, is that Sharon Carter with the heroes :eek:?
    I imagine it might've been a little difficult to get Melissa Rauch as a regular for a cartoon compared to just recording lines for one series of shorts, or reprising the role in other media, so that's probably why Kari is playing Wasp here :).

I'm still wondering why they recast Ant-Man though. I'm guessing they might be revamping Scott's character, possibly to make him more in-line with the movies o_O.

I'm hoping (heh) that they give Hope here a lot of Janet's spunk, personality, and penchant for snark as Wasp, because Kari would really excel at that :anime:.

That would suck (plus he's in that group shot). Aren't we also supposed to be finally getting a War Machine appearance this season o_O?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Melissa Rauch was announced as the voice actress for Wasp in the animated shorts produced by Passion Pictures.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. RoryWilliams

Any idea who the blond woman is? Jane Foster?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Probably Sharon

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. RoryWilliams

Interesting. Probably just a money related issue. I know the cast of The Big Bang Theory is currently one of the highest paid on television. They might not have had it in the budget to hire her full time for a cartoon series

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Sharon Carter. She's wearing a similar jacket to her Civil War look and she's right behind Cap (and Jane isn't a natural blonde, is she?) :cool:.

Still wish they went with the white catsuit look though...

• Like Like x 1
  13. strugler

strugler Member

It looks like the coloring and shading has taken another hit similar to guardians season 2 :( what a shame. Ultron revolution looked great. Hoping the story telling keeps improving, season 3 was definitely a good one so hoping for the best here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That promotional poster isn't much to look at either :sweat:.

Though the one promoting the shorts (I think) look a little better.

15. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting, good to hear Josh Is in the show.
    Which one is for the shots?

It now has gotten to the point that their phineas and ferb appearance is more visually appealing than their own show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, it's pretty awesome to have Josh Keaton and Kari Wahlgren back playing major roles in a Marvel cartoon again, and as Ant-Man and Wasp no less. It feels like it's been so long...
    This one I believe:

[​IMG]

I still have no idea what's going on with Carol's hair :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

This is what happen when they choose movie costumes... Kamala costume is the best looking there!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I also don't think Sharon benefited from them adapting her movie look :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

LOL, the whole plot of the SECRET WARS storyline running this season is basically an amalgamated rehash of the Cabal storyline from the first season and the "SIX AGAINST INFINITY" 6 part storyline from the SUPERHERO SQUAD SHOW. Rinse,repeat,rinse again,and repeat again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. RoryWilliams

Captain Marvel's isn't a movie costume. That'd be pretty hard to do when the movie isn't out until 2019.

• Agree Agree x 2