"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That would take a depth and consistency of character development that is quite alien to Marvel Animation at this point in time; these are cardboard characters with only the minimum difference required for some of the different voices of the characters (IE Captain America and the Black panther are the confident commanders, Captain Carol is an arrogant trash-talker, Thor a "thee and thou" windbang, etc).

The one-dimensional nature of the characterizations has been emblematic since Loeb took over, and established that anything more would just confuse the children at whom the cartoon is aimed, regardless of the long history (back to Stan Lee) of Marvel characters being well-rounded characters engaged in soap-opera romances constantly. Go back and look at the comic source material, and you can't walk away without a patina of Valentines-level schmaltz all over your shoes, from Hawkeye fighting Iron Man to safeguard the Black Widow, to Amora plotting to capture and control Thor, to the many heart-angsts of Peter Parker, to Captain America pining for Agent 13.

It's a serious fault, unless you consider the 8-14 male market to be complete idiots - which Marvel Animation obviously does. The "he-man woman's hater club" mentality is mired in the 1950's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There's a new episode titled "New Year's Resolution" airing on December 3rd, according to Zap2It. No description available yet.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if this is going to be another, random, holiday-themed episode starring the original Avengers :p?

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope it has a good standalone adventure plot but it's different from Why I Hate Halloween.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

I hope this holiday episode features the new Avengers this time

• Like Like x 1
  6. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I swear if the villain is Loki...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cort Lane talked a little about the next season in this interview (which contains big spoilers for Guardians of the Galaxy - I'm just posting the part relevant to Black Panther's Quest here).
    http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-season-2-finale-explained/#season-3-details

• Like Like x 2
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A Sci-Fi, espionage, political thriller sounds in-line with what we're getting from the movie (which can only be a good thing) :cool:.

Also sounds like T'Challa and Shuri's relationship will be central to the series, which is great :anime:.

I'm guessing the casting news will probably be pertaining to Shuri and the rest of the supporting cast, and maybe some of the villains (including Killmonger I imagine) :evil:.