1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Feb 7, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm sure that's just a coincidence. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Loki being behind the CABAL is actually awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I am getting some EMH vibes, especially since Loki is apparently the Big Bad and orchestrator behind the Cabal (who are really just the Masters of Evil anyways) :eek:.

It does explain how Amora and Skurge joined up with this group...

Although somehow I don't think Loki is going to get as powerful as he did in the EMH finale, with the Odinforce. Though hopefully he's written as well as he has been in Guardians ;).

4. General Mike

General Mike Member

Such weird timing though. Thor: Ragnarok comes out like 2 weeks after that episode airs, and it seems Loki is more of an anti-hero in that, but maybe this is a way to wrap up Loki as a villain and then they go to redeeming him. :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess the writers just thought it would be fitting to have Thor's Archenemy be revealed as the main villain around the time a Thor movie comes out in theaters, alongside major Thor Rogues like Enchantress and Skurge (who is actually in the movie).

I am a little surprised we haven't seen Hela yet...

6. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

Hela appeared in the Avengers Assemble season 2 episode: "Valhalla Can Wait".

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

The people on the show aren't privy to the specifics of what is happening in the movies, other than perhaps which characters are in it. It's really unlikely they were allowed to know what was happening in Ragnarok so they could do a tie-in.

That's how this show ended up with Falcon in it because of the Captain America sequel, but a version of Falcon that is literally nothing like his more popular movie counterpart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. General Mike

General Mike Member

Maybe they don't know exact details, but I still think they have a general idea of who to focus on and story direction of other products. It's not so much doing a tie-in, as "hey, we want Loki to be on the good side for awhile, so try and work that in if you are gonna use them." Same thing with the video games. Lego Marvel 2 is coming out 2 weeks after Thor: Ragnarok and there's a level where Thor and Loki team-up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

This show's track record doesn't really indicate that. Even with Vision we didn't get him until over a year after his movie debut. They might have known Loki was in the movie but I doubt they were told much, if anything about what his role would be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's really hard to gauge just how much the crew of the Marvel cartoons are privy to what the movies are doing and how much they aren't.

Like, they knew enough to have Ultron and Ant-Man show up in season 2 to time things with the premieres of their respective movies, but not enough to actually make either character reflective of their MCU counterparts until following seasons.

Then there's when they're almost a year or two late when they try to synergize with the movies, like giving Cap his Winter Soldier costume for three episodes even though it was a year after he had worn that suit.

Not to mention Ultron Revolution adapting so many Age of Ultron elements even though the movie was pretty old by that point. But they still managed to have a Civil War arc at the end to tie-in to the movie.

As far as trying to tie-in to Ragnarok...I think they probably knew enough to include Loki in some way, and planned to have a few prominent Thor villains appear this season in the same year Thor has a movie coming out.

Although I would also think they'd know Hela was the main villain, since that was one of the earliest bits of information released to the public about the film. So I am surprised we haven't gotten a whiff of whether she'll be appearing or not o_O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

Be cool if Hela was the main villain. She’s on the same power level as Odin plus we seen Loki in every season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder how many girls might tune into Assemble and be disappointed that Scarlet Witch isn't in it...

13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Clip from "Why I Hate Halloween":

• Like Like x 2
  14. Barbossa

Barbossa Member

Lets hope they discover Xmen Evolution and Wolverine and the xmen shows then....:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's always nice to see Troy Baker's Hawkeye really feel like Hawkeye (compared to his portrayals in past seasons) :).

I'm kind of surprised that, with all the times The Avengers have fought Dracula at this point, that we only just now find out he isn't weak to a wooden stake :confused:.

Y'know, if this wasn't a Marvel cartoon, I might think there might be some kind of romantic context between Hawkeye and this scientist he's trying to help. But I know better by this point :p.

16. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

When does this episode take place? I just remembered Clint was in the other dimension.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's hard to gauge so far, but it either takes place after the original Avengers comes back or it's a "missing episode" from season 3 :sweat:.

18. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

According to this site:
    http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/marvels-avengers-assemble/episodes/

This Halloween episode has a Production Code of 403, So I think that means its season 4 episode 3.
    There airing the episodes in the wrong order.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

That actually looked pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Rounding up the news from NYCC via Newsarama's live coverage of the panel:
    https://www.newsarama.com/36823-nycc-17-marvel-animation.html

• Informative Informative x 2