1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm almost kind of surprised (in a good way) that Monica's name was tossed out there since she isn't in the movies yet :sweat:.

I'm curious where they would've fit in Surtur....probably in one of the Thor episodes, and i think we've visited his realm at least once on the show o_O.

Though for synergy purposes, I can't help but think we'll see him and Hela pop up in at least one of the cartoons :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

With Monica they should bring introduce Blue Marvel and bring in the Ultimates.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Didn't Wacker say Blue Marvel is a great idea but that he won't appear in season 4?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

More stuff from Wacker's Tumblr:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Hawkeye's improved since the early episodes of Avengers Assemble so I'll take more episodes focused on him. Anything related to Kate Bishop would be sweet!

I'm sure people waiting for some Avengers: Secret Wars details will be excited.

Another animated movie would be cool if they make some improvements though that's not completely related to Avengers Assemble.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That comment about Storm might possibly be Wacker's most optimistic comment regarding the X-Men appearing in a Marvel cartoon :anime:.

The show has definitely improved it's take on Hawkeye enormously compared to the first two seasons, to the point where I was able to retire my "Hawkeye Screw-Up Counter," so I'm down for another episode focused on him :).

A part of me would love to see an episode featuring Hawkeye in a world inspired by the old west, teaming-up with Two-Gun Kid :cool:.

Interesting that they're making another animated movie. I'd assume it would have to be holiday-themed like the others have been, and I'd also have to imagine it would involve either the Guardians, Thor, or Spider-Man given their movies come out this year (if said movie comes out this year that is) ;).

I'm not getting my hopes up it'll look any better then Where Monsters Dwell though :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I know but I thought this was the most appropriate place to post it. Especially considering "Where Monsters Dwell" was supposedly set in the same continuity as the shows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I missed commenting on that, but it would be cool to see Storm with Black Panther. I think Wacker's optimism is more related to Black Panther's relationship to Storm rather than the X-Men as a whole, but it's definitely great to hear as you stated. Since the movies can't do it, I'd love to see them paired together again outside of the comics!
    Thanks for that. I know you're not a hater but it could seem that way to others, especially Hawkeye fans.
    Well, not Spider-Man unless they worked out a deal with Sony, especially with the Miles Morales animated movie on the way for 2018. We haven't seen Spider-Man in any animated movie from Marvel so it makes sense that they still don't have the rights.
    I heard Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell was decent. I haven't seen it, but I'd hope for good stuff. Seeing all of DC's movies make me miss a solid animated Marvel movie. The last one in my opinion was Avengers Confidential: Black Widow and Punisher.
    There used to be a Marvel equivalent to the DC Comics Animated Features. I thought it could fit there but it seems to be gone now. Hmm...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Agreed :).

But...but I am a Hawkeye fan :crying:.

Huh, now that you mention it, I wonder if the rights situation with Sony prevents Marvel Animation from doing a special release animated movie with Spider-Man in it o_O?

I would agree it's decent, but the animation is only a little above what you would expect from an episode of Assemble (which isn't much to talk about to begin with) rather then a big movie feature :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Greg91

Greg91 Member

That would make sense why you're so critical of this version of Hawkeye. I much prefer EMH Hawkeye to almost any other version. I just think there are big fans of this version of Hawkeye who would feel a bit upset that he's criticized so much.

I'm not trying to undermine your love of Hawkeye, but no way could I tell before you just told me. I think people clearly know which Avenger I'm a big fan of. *cough*Black Panther*cough* :p

I'm just saying don't forget Hawkeye's good points despite your issues with this version of him. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad in any way. :(

Well, we've never seen Spider-Man in any of their animated movies so I won't expect him to be available to them all of a sudden. Kevin Feige did say their deal with Sony was very specific so I'm doubting animation was a part of the deal especially with Miles Morales movie.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I found this: "Marvel Animated Features" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers), but it hasn't been updated for nearly three years.

Considering we only get one movie per year nowadays I think individual News & Discussion threads for them are enough, but it's fine with me if that thread is brought back to discuss any other hopes and predictions people might have for potential future Marvel animated movies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ourcheats

ourcheats New Member

I still can't wait for new part :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Marvel Animation will be at WonderCon 2017 with details on Avengers: Secret Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Marvel Animation Storytellers
    Friday March 31, 2017 2:00pm – 3:00pm
    Room 300DE
    Marvel Animation panelists give you an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at how Marvel assembles acclaimed animated series such as Marvel’s Avengers: Ultron Revolution and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Led by Cort Lane (SVP, animation and family entertainment) and Stephen Wacker (VP, current series and development), with several special guests, the Marvel Animation team shares rare insight into the writing process, sneak peeks from upcoming episodes, and tons of scoops on future storylines.

• Like Like x 2
  14. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

I hope they announce Guardians has been renewed for A third season,Avengers S4's release date and Marvel Studios and Marvel Television are attending D23 or SDCC this year.

15. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I hope Taskmaster appears in AA. He's a much cooler hitman villain than Crossbones. Sort of like Deathstroke vs Deadshot.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hard to gauge what we'll find out at this panel, but Avengers-wise I'm guessing we'll get more info on how exactly the Secret Wars premise works here and more insight into what worlds the New Avengers will be visiting :cool:.

Be nice if we could find out who's voicing Wasp and get more details on War Machine and the female Thor's roles as well :).

As far as non-Avengers news:

- I imagine we'll get a few more tidbits or reveals for Marvel's Spider-Man, maybe finally revealing the new voice of Spidey and info about the supporting cast and villains.

- They might confirm who else we can expect in season 2 of Guardians, though I don't expect much more then what was revealed in that interview released around the premier. Maybe some details as to what the season's premise is going to be past Adam Warlock o_O.

It would be nice if we could get a sizzle reel or trailer for any of the show's out of this panel, but Marvel Animation hasn't done that in a while so we probably shouldn't expect it :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #36 Frontier, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  17. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Canada just aired the Panther's Rage episode of Avengers: Ultron Revolution. I just wanted to briefly talk about it because I didn't want to bump the thread for the episode and I'm interested to see Panther's role in Avengers: Secret Wars.

Since I believe Black Panther was revealed to be the leader of the new team of Avengers in season four, I wonder how hotshot Captain Marvel is going to deal with it or how well characters like Ms. Marvel or Vision will work on a team. Of course, I haven't seen the Civil War finale when some (or all?) of these characters work together so perhaps it's more clear there. Since WonderCon 2017 will have a Marvel Animation panel, I'm curious to hear if Panther's role in Secret Wars is explained any further.

Either way, I thought Panther's Rage was pretty sweet. James Mathis III returning to the role simply put a smile on my face, especially when he said "Avengers Assemble!", which he didn't get to say in EMH. Panther's design was a little busy (following the movie designs again), but it still worked. Klaw in the classic outfit as armor was interesting. Overall, it was very well done and my favorite of the 'new hero' episodes followed closely by A Friend in Need. The Captain Marvel episode left me underwhelmed.

Anyway, I don't like talking about how behind I am, but it tied into the upcoming WonderCon panel and it's Black Panther! How can I not talk about it? :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Quoting because Wondercon is tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For the record, I plan on starting a Marvel at Wonder Con thread tomorrow morning. Some might find it easier to talk about all the announcements in one place, instead of having to post in 3 different threads, or for adding their overall thoughts in regards to the panel.

• Useful Useful x 2
  20. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

I hope they remember to ask Marvel about all the announcements that are set to come out from 2 to 3 PM.