1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or they don't use their villains as effectively as they could (Cough)Kang(Cough).

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Eugene Son teased they'll preview an episode featuring Ms. Marvel and Vision at Comic-Con.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Any word on the synopses for next month?

4. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

They confirmed we'll be going to Battleworld, and it sounds like Ares, Venom and Howard the Duck will be among the characters seen.

They also announced after Season 4 will be a 13-episode mini-series (I think?) called Avengers: Black Panther Quest.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Rounding up the news from the Comic-Con panel, via Newsarama's live coverage:
    https://www.newsarama.com/35564-sdcc-2017-marvel-animation-presents-panel.html

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

"And wrapping up with a last question: Will there be a season of Captain Marvel to tie in with the upcoming film? Lane said there are some "special plans" for her that will be announced in October."

*A-Force hopes intensify*

• Like Like x 2
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There aren't that many details about this yet, but a Black Panther animated series was announced at the San Diego Comic-Con.

Sources: Newsarama's live coverage of the Comic-Con panel, Syfy Wire Twitter

Stay tuned for further updates!
    Comments?

EDIT: Thread merged with current Avengers Assemble News & Discussion thread since Disney Channel PR confirmed it is the title for the 5th Season of Assemble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #327 RoyalRubble, Jul 22, 2017 at 5:00 PM
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017 at 9:31 PM
  8. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Awesome! They're really pushing Black Panther!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Member

That's good to hear can't wait

• Like Like x 1
  10. RoryWilliams

Awesome news! Is it gonna be aired on Disney XD or is it shorts?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Black Panther is definitely a character with great potential for a series. This should be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like we're going to be getting into Battleworld pretty quickly, if only to cover all those different worlds :eek:!

Looking at what we've got:

Kun-Lun - I'm guessing Iron Fist (with Greg Cipes reprising) will make an appearance? Maybe feature Shao-Lao and Davos :)?

Weirdworld - I'm really curious to see how they handle adapting Weirdworld given it's...well, weird :sweat:.

The Wastelands - As I recall, this was the Old Man Logan dimension, so since he's probably not going to appear, I'm wondering what they'll do with it o_O?

Egyptia - Egyptia sounds cool. I'm guessing this will be where Moon Knight appears :cool:.

Vibranium Coast - A world based on an expanded Wakanda? Probably the focus of a Black Panther episode ;).

Camelot - Spider-Kight's world :anime:?

Vampire Federation - I guess a world where Vampires took over the Earth (Blood-Spider's world)? I wonder if we'll see Dracula show up again o_O?

Hydra Empire - So a world where Hydra took over (because Hail Hydra). I wonder if we'll see all the Hydra villains (Red Skull, Baron Strucker, Baron Zemo) show up here as antagonists :evil:?

Inhuman Nation - I guess this confirms we're still getting the pre-requisite Inhumans episode this season :p.

Ruins of Olympus - I wonder if this is where Hercules and Ares comes in :proud:?

the United States of Crime - I'm guessing this will be a Squadron Supreme dimension :cool:.

Noir Land - Spider-Man Noir's world. Really curious to see what they do here...

New Quack City - Howard the Duck's dimension, probably :rolleyes2:.

Spider-Island 2099 - So Spider-Island, but in the 2099 dimension/timeline? I wonder if they'll beat the new Spider-Man cartoon to adapt Spider-Island? And will Spider-Man 2099 show up :eek:?

Lost to the Symbiotes - I'm guessing this is a dimnsion where the Symbiotes took over Earth, and where we'll see Venom :evil:.

There Be Frost Giants - Jotunheim? Or a realm where the Frost Giants took over the Earth or Asgard o_O?

Sounds like they are re-purposing the Wakandan consulate as Avengers Mansion :D.

I can't say I'm all that enthused about any big news regarding this animated version of Carol, but, if nothing else, whatever it is should probably be good for her profile around the release of the movie :).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Yes! Yes! Yes! Black Panther's getting another series! This is incredible! I really didn't see this coming. I'm so happy to see Black Panther getting so much attention.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

So does this the regular Avengers show is over? Or just on hiatus?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

I have the feeling they are waiting for the movie, so they can make Avengers Assemble Black Panther backstory similar to the MCU, I guess we will not see so much Wakanda in Season 4 and what we saw in Season 3 will be modified.

I wonder if Carol will have series too...

It was canceled in comics and barely has relevant stories, not to mention villains... I don't see an A-Force series working, especially in this animated universe where there is a lack of heroines... also, the sale of toys is mostly focused on boys where there is also a lack of heroines, no offense but I see more possible that it's an special or even an animated movie with Carol, maybe an Ultimate or Alpha Flight series, but again... without Iron Man, Thor and Cap, I see it very difficult for a series to survive without really popular characters, just ask United They Stand.

#335 Dustellar, Jul 22, 2017 at 6:52 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017 at 9:35 PM
  16. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Becuase when Avi Arad is involved it always must be marked by his high standard of quality.

17. RoryWilliams

So was the Guardians of the Galaxy series that served as the basis for the movies. The comic industry is very small and insular, so isn't always a good indication of what will or won't work in an adaptation.

I mean I could count the number of Scott Lang solo comics prior to the movie on one hand and yet that turned out to be a big hit.

I don't think the new project will be A-Force, but if it isn't, "It didn't last long in the comics" isn't really the reason why.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

That's why I gave more than one reason... A-Force = no big popular characters, no great fanbase, no great storylines, no great villains, no toys, no movie.

Guardians of the Galaxy have series and new seasons thanks to the sucess of the movies, but A-Force don't even have that... an A-Force animated series would fail even more than Hulk and the Agents of SMASH and just imagine the controversy that would cause cancel an A-Force series.

19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

According to Disney Channel PR Black Panther Quest is actually supposed to be the 5th Season of Avengers Assemble.

I guess this should have been covered in the main Avengers Assemble thread...

• Like Like x 1
    #339 RoyalRubble, Jul 22, 2017 at 9:24 PM
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017 at 9:37 PM
  20. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

1. This is the first Avengers show ro get a 5th season, and the first Marvel show to get one.

2. Doc McStuffins is the first Disney show to get a 5th season, with this being the second.

• Like Like x 1