1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Feb 7, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the eighth installment of the Avengers Assemble News and Discussion thread, here on the Marvel Animation Forum! This thread includes discussion about all of its seasons - whether its the Avengers: Ultron Revolution third season - which has just recently finished airing, or the upcoming fourth season, Avengers Secret Wars, which promises to have even more characters - both good and bad - than before! Keep up to date with any news about the show, and discuss them in a civilized manner right here!

[​IMG]
    Sundays on Disney XD

Avengers: Ultron Revolution series description:
    Avengers: Ultron Revolution cast and crew details:
    *Please note I'm using the information for "Ultron Revolution" because an official description for "Secret Wars" is not available at the moment. This post will be updated as more info comes out.

Stay tuned for further updates on Marvel's Avengers Assemble here at Toonzone!

Comments?

Previous Discussion Threads
    :
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

When will we get new information of Season 4? I really want to know something more!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Season three ended pretty recently so season four could be a few months away. I think it's best to prepare for a bit of a break in information for now.

Hopefully until then, Wacker can answer a few more questions on his Tumblr. Otherwise, I definitely think we will be waiting for now similar to the amount of news we got for Guardians of the Galaxy season two over the months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

From Wacker's Tumblr

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think we can assume, from what we've known, that while the original team goes MIA, their still off doing their own thing while the New Avengers are having their adventures :cool:.

So we'll probably flash to what's going on with the main team periodically, like the WWII Peggy Carter episode :).

I wonder about the "few surprises..." Jane Foster Thor and War Machine o_O?

While it's disappointing to hear that there are no plans for Songbird in Secret Wars, happy to hear that she was apparently a big hit, and that they'll likely bring her her back sooner rather then later :D.

I can't say I'm crazy about getting a Hope Van Dyne based on the movie version, rather then getting the Janet Van Dyne Wasp, but I guess someone needs to take up Black Widow's role as the no-nonsense, serious, female on the team :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I'm not surprised. If she's not Janet, they're not going to portray her like Janet. I just hope she's not grumpy or angry all the time because we know why she was upset in the movie. If they repeat that on Avengers: Secret Wars without context, it will seem like Hope is just an angry individual all the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess it was only because of the ambiguity at the time he debuted in the cartoons over who the movie Ant-Man would be that we ended up with the composite Scott Lang that we currently have.

Conversely, with Ant-Man having premiered and the crew having more lead-time here, they're able to pull from the (admittedly pre-Wasp) movie version of Hope Van Dyne.

I'm not sure how much context they'll give for Hope likely being a colder, no-nonsense, person like they did in the first Ant-Man movie. That would involve referencing Hank Pym and the Ant-Man legacy which I don't think the cartoons have any interest in addressing, going by Wacker's comments :sad:.

I am really curious to see what kind of relationship they depict Scott and Hope with though, and hopefully it won't be a retread of Hawkeye and Black Widow's dynamic :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

*Waits for "This isn't like the comics!" rant*

Anyway interesting that they said they didn't plan to bring back Songbird. For whatever reason I guess she and Red Hulk were never intended to be permanent members of the Mighty Avengers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, they don't have movies coming out so that probably didn't help their chances of staying permanent team-members :shrug:.

Ms. Marvel is obviously an exception to that though, but I think Wacker probably feels she's more important to keep on the team then Songbird or Red Hulk.

I'm also assuming that there being no plans for Songbird means there were no plans for the other Thunderbolts, so who knows if we'll ever find out what happened to Zemo...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

I don't have problems with "this isn't like the comics", I have problems with "this is like the movies"

Where is the creativity when you do synergy with movies? of course you could ask the same if they are based on comics... but well, in any case the comics are the original source and better, IMO, so... that's why I prefer them to be based on comics.

Nothing, is just that is a bit annoying when they decide to adapt inferior stories and/or character interpretations (IMO) only because they are more popular thanks to the MCU... tell me, do you really think that MCU Ultron is superior to comics Ultron? do you really think the Ultron from Avengers Assemble is better than the Ultron from EMH? and can give other examples.

Yeah, I hate synergy... I never hid that, but I think my reasons are very good, just compare the quality between the shows... I'm not saying that EMH is 100% superior just because they based more on comics, but when AA did synergy with the MCU, the quality really fell... if they were based more on comics would be better, just look at the examples! Doom, The Squadron Supreme, Black Order, Thunderbolts, Inhumans... all great episodes, most based on comics.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #10 Dustellar, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I will say that MAU Ultron was far more of a physical threat then MCU Ultron, so what he lacked in personality he made up for in deadliness ;).

• Like Like x 1
  12. RoryWilliams

I think complaining about a show that was obviously inspired by the movies continuing to be inspired by the movies 4 seasons in is the definition of beating a dead horse, hence the joke.

If you're someone who doesn't like the movies then I guess I could see how that's annoying, but the movies are what the vast majority of the audience is more familiar with, at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

More stuff from Stephen Wacker's Tumblr

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Thoughts from these responses:

- I don't see Marvel Animation ever tackling Tom King's Vision book. It's too cerebral and subdued a story for them to adapt. And as much as I like Viv, I'd love to see Wiccan and Speed pop up too, but that's probably even less likely :(.

- I've been wanting Hercules on this show since his appearance in Agents of SMASH (one of the few highlights from that show), though I don't expect him or Black Knight anytime soon :shrug:.

- Oh come on Wacker, we both know you know why Jan isn't in it :rolleyes2:.

- Uh...so I guess MAU Hawkeye is secretly married like his MCU counterpart :sweat:?

- Good to know we'll still be seeing plenty of Dr. Strange next season :).

- I expect the Nova Corps will probably turn up in one of the cartoons, but I think the question was more directed at the possibility of Richard Rider and Sam Alexander (preferably nothing like his USM counterpart) appearing. Also, the world "bigly" should be stricken from the public consciousness...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RoryWilliams

He must be a pretty bad father given we literally never see him outside the tower. :ack:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hawkeye being married is a pretty big surprise. I wonder if they'll ever actually acknowledge that on the show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Hawkeye married? lol, more inconsistencies.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Yeah they're never going to do anything with Hawkeye's family no way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Its been no secret that the animated series is there to support the brand management of the MCU - its been that way from the beginning.

There is no correlation between the quality of the show and whether or not its based on the MU-616 or the MCU. The writers and the editorial policies of the show, and this is true for ANY show, really.

There are some marvelous writers (/pun) who are capable of excellent work, but who are crippled by editorial directive. Shows, even more than comics, are a collaborative effort. This helps poor writers produce work better than their norm, and sometimes results in excellent writers work being downgraded to mediocre.

Imagine if you will an Avengers series with Greg Wiseman acting as story editor...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Updates from Wacker's Tumblr:

• Like Like x 2