1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

I hope Wacker is right that we're gonna see a lot more of The Marvel Universe than we've ever seen in the Shows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Yeah, except the X-Men and Fantastic Four xD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Pretty big spoiler about the fate of an Avenger near the end of the article. Also nice to have Battleworld confirmed.

I wonder if Doom or the Beyonder will be the villain then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Phew...lot to unpack here :eek:.

I...guess they succeeded in making Ultron, the Inhumans, and the new heroes important to the season-long plot, but they were all weaved in and out of the season so much that it's hard to think of them as relevant as they're being made out to be :shrug:.

Uh...Tony's Avengers team during the Dissasembled arc last season were not affiliated with SHIELD. That was kind of the point o_O.

Whenever Wacker and Griffin describe the Inhumans' appeal, it always feels like they're trying to describe the X-Men :sweat:.

Thank goodness for movie synergy emboldening Marvel Animation to finally add more heroes and shakeup the Avengers roster this season :anime:.

I don't know if it's impressive or kind of disappointing that we've had the same seven-man team roster for over 3 seasons :confused:.

It seems like the current Marvel Animation heads have learned the same lesson older Marvel cartons taught us, of the benefit of longer story-arcs and multi-part stories ;).

I...don't think Wacker should be taking pride in Marvel's "big events." At least in terms of the comics :ack:.

I can't say I'd be crazy about 19-20 year old college student Sam Wilson becoming Captain America :p.

I'm really surprised they were able to reveal that big a spoiler for the Civil War arc. Though:

I'm looking forward to the Cap/Peggy story next season, not only because it will allow them to do something the movies weren't able to do as well as bring back Hayley Atwell, but also because it'll probably be the only major romantic moment of note in a Marvel cartoon next year :yawn:.
    I'll be shocked if Doom is even mentioned next season, let alone be central to the plot....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

I am soooo looking forward to the end of the Avenge Jet. I really hate that jet and the name.

Black Panther's jet is the one I hope they use all the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

What happens at the end is easily reversible if they want.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

The Avenge Jet was a very blatant attempt to sell toys which is hilarious since I'm not sure if they ever actually made toys of it.

Good riddance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Next thing we know the New Avengers are piloting the Avenjet Mk. 2 :p.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. bigdaddy313

God please no, don't give them any ideas lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

I wonder when will we hear any info on Secret Wars. Will red hulk and songbird stay with the team for next season or were they just in the civil war?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Songbird and Rulk weren't part of the group image we were shown showcasing the New Avengers for next season, so they might just quietly fade into the background as the new team takes over for the main Avengers :ack:.

Be kind of funny if movie synergy dictates Red Hulk becoming the team's government liaison :rolleyes2:.

I hope Songbird sticks around though, since I loved what they've done with her character development and in making her a major character and Avenger in her own right over the course of Ultron Revolution. I'd hate for her to get demoted to a side-character or leave the show entirely just so they can include the Hope Van Dyne Wasp :(.

Although maybe Songbird will end up working into whatever plans there might be for the Thunderbolts going forward (if there are any). We still have no idea what The Avengers did with Zemo after he helped them o_O.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I also want Songbird back next season. Thunderbolts were one of my favorite things about season 3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigdaddy313

So I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on season 3

• Like Like x 2
  15. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, And once Season 4's over, I'd like to see everybody's thoughts on how well it did.

16. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

It was great. Assemble has really improved it's game lately.

I'm curious to see how they will tie up loose plot threads like Kang or Black Widow's backstory.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

What I think about season 3? that the best episodes were those that didn't receive the MCU treatment, for example... most of the Ultron episodes were pathetic (and he was the villain of the season), but the Thunderbolts episodes were great. I don't think it's coincidence, the best episodes of the first two seasons were those that used characters outside the MCU (Doom, Squadron Supreme, The Black Order, etc)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In short, I think Season 3 has been better than the two previous seasons combined. There were still some issues here and there but I thought they improved for the most part. I guess the main problem would be that the stories often feel rushed, but I also didn't care much for Ultron - I thought his episodes were the weakest parts of the season. The rest was pretty great - Zemo and his Thunderbolts, introducing Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel, Black Panther, the twisted version of World War Hulk, or their take on the Civil War (at least until Ultron showed up).

I could probably think of a lot more to say about the season, both positive and negative things, but overall I enjoyed it. Here's hoping Season 4 will be even better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. bigdaddy313

Kool anymore thoughts?

20. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

That they should use Secret Wars to bring a different Falcon to the team... this is the worst version ever!!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.