1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the seventh installment of the Avengers Assemble News and Discussion thread, here on the Marvel Animation Forum! Now titled Avengers: Ultron Revolution, and featuring more characters - both good and bad - than before! Keep up to date with any news about the show, and discuss them in a civilized manner right here!

[​IMG]
    Sundays on Disney XD

Avengers: Ultron Revolution series description:

Avengers: Ultron Revolution cast and crew details:

Stay tuned for further updates on Marvel's Avengers: Ultron Revolution here at Toonzone!

Comments?

Previous Discussion Threads
    :
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I certainly would love to see Bucky become Cap on the cartoons, but given how long ago his tenure was and how he's been MIA in the present all season so far, I don't think it's likely to happen anytime soon. Sam becoming Cap seems more likely given how much they're pulling from current comics for this season :shrug:.

The only way I can see it actually happening is if Bucky becoming Cap is planned for the movies :ack:

She-Hulk joining the team, and seeing She-Hulk in an Avengers cartoon period, would be awesome, especially if it could improve on her portrayal from SMASH. But somehow, I also don't think that's in the cards, unfortunately :sweat:.

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Ares or Hercules would be the best replacement for Hulk but since that's actually a good idea they'll never think to replace Hulk at all probably.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would also love to see Hercules again :D.

5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Or how about, Tigra, or Hellcat. (If that's even possible to put her without censoring the 'Hell' in the name.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tigra would also be cool, if unlikely given she's not in the MCU or very prominent in the comics right now. I could see Wacker just bluntly going "Who?" Or "No" if someone asked if she was going to show up :sweat:.

I think Patsy is probably in the same position as the other Netflix characters, in that Marvel Animation doesn't feel any need to use them in animation (beyond teen!Cage and Iron Fist) :shrug:.

7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I doubt this was a printing error, but one of the "Next episode of Avengers: UR" summary ads in a Marvel comic I was reading stated that Goliath is supposed to appear in the next episode, "The Kids Are Alright."

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So...Bill/Tom Foster as an Inhuman? A cameo from Atlas? Hawkeye accidentally growing to giant-size again :sweat:?

It would be kind of weird if we had one of the Fosters make an appearance in Assemble before Hank did...

9. TheLemsterPju

It's the Bill Foster version. According to the summary, he's one of the new young Inhumans hit by the Terrigen Mist.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh. Well, that's definitely a little random :sweat:.

I wonder if he'll be Scott Lang's lab assistant to complete the Hank/Scott fusion :shrug:?

He should also really be careful come the Civil War arc...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Wonder if Pepper Potts will appear in this or next season.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Oh great! now we have an Ant-Man/Giant Man before Pym, a Goliath/Atlas before Pym, another Goliath (Foster) before Pym... who is next? Darren Cross Yellowjacket? Scott Lang Scientific Adventurer?

So... another teenager version of an adult character? what is this? Avengers Academy game? I would have loved to see adult versions of Luke, Danny, Falcon and now Bill Foster... I mean! they have a young Goliath version (Tom) but they decide use Bill for some reason o_O maybe T'Challa will be a teenager prince too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Gotta ask you a question, Since Luke Cage and Iron Fist are beginning to appear in the MCU, Would you like to see them redesigned to look like their Earth-199999 counterparts?

14. TheLemsterPju

It may be Tom Foster. I didn't think of that, because all I knew was Bill and Atlas.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, it would be nice to actually have an adult Luke Cage and Iron Fist :sweat:.
    Tom is also the current Goliath, so that might help his chances of being the one used (beyond being Bill's son, which means he's younger like the other Inhumans) ;).

16. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Well, You can ask Wacker these Questions and hopefully he'll answer them. And Once Cloak and Dagger appear in their MCU Freeform series, Would they be redesigned to look like their counterparts from the MCU too?

• Like Like x 1
  17. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I rather see Wonder Man be Hulk's replacement in this series, but it won't happen until and if he ever appears in either the movies or on one of their live action TV series.

Now, now, remember logic and common sense have no place in the Loeb and Quesada run Marvel Animation.

Tom isn't Bill's son, he's Bill's nephew.

• Like Like x 1
    #17 spyke, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That would probably depend on how comic-accurate their live-action costumes are, though somehow I expect by the time the Cloak and Dagger show premiers, we won't be seeing them in USM anymore for one reason or another :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

We'll have to wait and see what their costumes look like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

I never agreed with teenagers Luke and Danny because... well I think adulthood is an important part in the history of both, specially in Luke... and I think both characters are "darker" than the rest of the friends of Peter in the series, it's like having a teenager Daredevil or Punisher -_-

White Tiger? yes, the current White Tiger is teenager, Nova? yes, the current Nova is teenager and the former was a teenager member of New Warriors, Luke and Danny? nope, sorry... they could have used Power Man (Victor Alvarez) and... I don't know, Mettle.

Anyway... I really doubt they will make changes to the age of a character, so... no adult Falcon... or maybe, with Kang involved, they could do that xD

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.