1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Unless those kids are familiar with the character from the comics, or from watching EMH.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I really like the Falcon suit. I was wondering when they were gonna bring him closer to his film counterpart instead of that weird Gatchaman suit.

[​IMG]

I wonder if he'll actually wear this in Season 3.

Most kids have never touched a comic book so that's not gonna be a big deal. That sounds like I'm being mean but it's just the way things are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

While I like the movie Falcon suit and also like that adaption of it, I have kinda gotten used to and enjoy Sam's current costume, in part because it really looks like his comic look :).

As for War Machine, I don't think it would be that hard to introduce Rhodey as Tony's best friend and another Superhero with an Iron Man Armor. The War Machine Armor was even in the season one premier :confused:!

Do they just think he would be redundant with Iron Man and Falcon, who also has an Iron Man-esque Armor, on the show o_O?

Heck, Earth's Mightiest Heroes at least had him introduced in the Micro-Series episodes, and that was a whole season before we actually got to see him in the War Machine Armor :shrug:.

Going back to Wasp...I wonder, if and when we get Hope, if it's going to be another character amalgam like Scott is to where she's using Hopes name but with Janet's personality?

• Like Like x 1
    #483 Frontier, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  4. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Anyone can upload the images of Wasp and War Machine? in my country, the link redirects me to DisneyLatino :(

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

This approach to synergy can be a real pain.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wasp and War Machine look pretty cool, same goes for Falcon's new suit. I have the feeling these designs and bios won't necessarily match what we'll get on the show. For the most part there are no real contradictions, but I noticed Ant-Man's bio mentions Scott took on the mantle from Hank Pym, and over on the USM site Venom's bio mentions Eddie Brock and the cosmic origin of the symbiote. It feels like they mostly used the bios from the comics for these characters, rather than the ones from the shows.

Can you see these?

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I don't think there's anything in the show contradicting that. Hank Pym was mentioned in Agents of SMASH, and stated to be "Ant-Man," at some point.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Where was it said Hank Pym was, at one point, Ant-Man? Scott's the only we've seen and in regards to him there's never been a mention of him having a predescessor or someone who originated the Pym Particles he's an expert on.

I doubt they're going to address Scott being a legacy hero as Ant-Man in Assemble given Wacker's statements about Hank makes it sound like he's not likely to make an appearance or be addressed in the near future.

9. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Because they are going to kill him off in the movies and in the comics and replace him with his niece (which is similar to what DC did with Steel). This new female War Machine is who they will most likely bring into the show.

Frankly, I don't think that kids either know or even care who is the Wasp. They can't tell tell Jan from Hope (since they both look similar. Both versions of the character have been and are currently being used in various mediums.

Or from watching DISC WARS,reruns of AVENGERS:UNITED THEY STAND,and playing the MARVEL INFINITY video game. Not to mention, that the original Wasp was shown in flashbacks (and only in costume and completely masked) in the ANT-MAN movie.

#489 spyke, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Admittedly, probably not a lot of kids can watch Disc Wars because they still won't air the dub in the U.S. :sweat:.

11. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Me thinks, Malaysia is trolling with the U.S.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Either that or Marvel/Disney doesn't want to air the dub alongside the regular cartoons for whatever reasons. They really missed out on the chance to really capitalize on this kind of co-production though :(...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Maybe not legally, but illegally................

Not that I'm advocating that type of illegal activity). I'm just saying.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

I believe that Janet isn't dead in the movies, she's stock in another dimension subutopia.

Just like the comics after secret invasion where the also thought she died.

So they can play with that in the show later.

15. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

And don't forget games... there a lot of games that show her as Wasp, anyway, the only "hope" is that she appears alive in the MCU... but well, Pym is alive in the MCU and we don't see him in the series yet despite the fact that the particles have his name, sometimes I can't understand how silly can be the synergy.

In my opinion, the best episodes of the first 2 seasons were the starring for characters outside the current MCU... like Doom and the Squadron Sinister, Thanos was good but I think he was overshadowed by his Black Order, all characters based on their comic counterparts because they not yet appeared in the MCU.

Based on this criterion... I don't know what to expect from the return of Ultron and the debut of Zemo, he will use a mask or they await the decision of the MCU?

16. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

That was probably before they knew the movies were going to be using Scott Lang and not Hank Pym. That's why in the first season Ant-Man shows up using a design based on the movie concept art, but they go out of their way to never say if he's named Hank or Scott.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh...that Impossible Man episode. That feels so long ago. Or maybe I just blocked out Impossible Man episodes out of my mind :sweat:?

But something mentioned in SMASH, with its dubious place in canon, is not something I can see applying to the other cartoons. Especially when they seem to act like Hank is still Ant-Man in this clip when he obviously isn't in the current cartoons.

That SMASH was the only cartoon that seemed unconcerned with movie synergy, especially compared to Assemble, means I could buy them referring to Hank Pym as "Ant-Man" even in-spite of what the movies were doing. Though, like Rory said, it was probably written before they were even sure which Ant-Man the movies would be using.

19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't really have any problem accepting the possibility that Hank Pym once was Ant-Man in the current animated canon, and that Scott took over at some point. I guess the only issue is that they never mentioned this on the show. And I think it's kind of odd that a bio on the website has more info than we've been given on the show so far. To be fair, they might be saving this for an episode of Ultron Revolution so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I'd love if they made a legacy episode or something along those lines, coupled with an appearance from an elderly Hank Pym.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wacker's comments on Hank's chances of appearing leave me doubting we'll see an episode of Ultron Revolution that deals with the Ant-Man legacy or actually have Hank in it, but we might see a pre-Wasp Hope make an appearance at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.