1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

It's not just that it's the other things as well, look we are sorounded by light, artificial and natural and with it comes lighting effects. So it's an artist's responsibility apply that to their work.

Their show is plain, their rendering is very low.

If you can do me a favour check YouTube and see US season 1 and compare it to AA and with that also look at Young Justice and see what AA would look like if money was well spent.

2. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

I really hate the Ultron design from the movie... someone read "Rage of Ultron"?? the great Kurt Busiek (one of the best Avengers writers) in the introduction of the graphic novel said the most incredible thing about Ultron design was his face, that Halloween pumpkin face is iconic on him... Whedon's big mistake, in my opinion, was thinking that "humanize the character" is put a "human face" on him, you don't need a human face to be human or to express your feelings, you don't need human eyes to cry or human mouth to laugh... for that reason I don't like the design, they try too much to humanize him from the outside, when they should humanize him from the inside... Ultron, in the series, should feel more! if Stark is his father/creator or his "brother", he should show his feelings for him and the rest of the Avengers, as he does in the comics each time he faces Pym, Ultron with no feelings is just a homicidal robot... and he cannot even be homicidal in a children's animated series so... he is just another generic villain who fails in his attempt to conquer the world.

About the animation... Disney has a lot of money and win a lot with the Marvel movies, they could invest more... they SHOULD have the best animated quality in the world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Quite strange the trailer. It seems one of Ultron's bodies survived, but how can he be there when he was incinerated in the sun? Well, that was Arsenal's body; so maybe this was other of Ultron's bodies.

I would say that the Ultron from the previous season combines itself with one of the new Super-Adaptoids and becomes the Ultron from the movies. But I don't get who or what is that thing lying behind the Avengers, green and yellow.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't Age of Ultron supposed to be canon (in a way) and we'd see elements of that in the premier? It seems like things are picking up fairly well from what happened in season 2, with no New Avengers in sight. Did Wacker just say that for the sake of people just coming into Ultron Revolution from having seen the movie, so they don't have to explain how Ultron "died" or his whole arc from season 2 o_O?

I was expecting we'd see Ultron with his movie design when it already became apparent how much design influences they were taking from Ultron Revolution, though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed by it :(.

Given how emotive and vocal Spader was as Ultron in the movie, I could see how a mouth worked for that interpretation (and with the motion-capture) and why they went with it, but I think the "no-mouth" look for Ultron is far more dynamic, iconic, and menacing a design by comparison. And since Ultron on Assemble has, so far, not acted at all like MCU Ultron, being far more stoic and cold compared to Spader's take, giving him a mouth feels unnecessary. Though they're probably going to give him a personality overhaul to go with the new design :sweat:.

Personally, aside from the random 2 eyes, I thought Ultron's season 2 design was perfectly fine :shrug:.

Looks like we're getting semi-adaption of the Adaptoid storyline in Hickman's Avengers :cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bigdaddy313

Exactly where is all the money going, I am convinced that Disney is not spending a dime on the show.

With Disney's resources their is no way it will come out looking like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I really, really hope that the Masters of Evil fight Ultron. I don't want Ultron leading them or even working with them (unless a betrayal happens).

I absolutely love Evil vs Evil which is why the Ambassador is the my favorite season 1 episode.

This how they'll treat Ultron's death:
    "Ultron! Didn't you die?" - Iron Man
    "Lol no." - Ultron
    "Lol k."- Iron Man

• Funny Funny x 2
    #467 Capt.Traphouse, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  8. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I would like to see someone ask Wacker why the art and animation on this show is so bad when they have the financial resources to make this show look so much better. Of course, Wacker will either (a) give some kind of corporate spin answer (b) say that he and Marvel are happy with the art and animation of the show or (c) give some smart Alec and insulting answer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I think some people here don't know how budgets work, how they're given to the hundred or so divisions of Disney, or thinks the company itself is richer than it actually is.

Even Disney has to keep the money circulating at all times. Overspending on a certain property won't help. High-quality animation in 26-episode seasons are VERY expensive. Be happy with what you got, as it's the best they can do.

The animation itself looks fine. It's fluid and good-looking-enough. Darkened colors is a nitpick and not a legitimate issue. I could care less about that.

#469 TheLemsterPju, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

So you mean doing his job?

Look, guys, I'm as critical of this show as anyone, but at a certain point, some of you get kind of ridiculous.

"He defends the show and gives corporate spin when someone badmouths it to him!"

You mean he's not actively badmouthing the company who pays his checks and saying they're a bunch of cheapskates and creatively bankrupt?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. bigdaddy313

Last time I checked if u have the resources use it. it's like saying Activision is bringing call of duty out every yeah and making billions so let's not give a crap and just not improve on the future games cause we will make billions anyways, so let's not improve on the graphics even when we have the money.

If you like a very low quality animation that's ok I guess, and I am not just talking about the washed out colours but also the bad lighting, bad rendering.

I am not just nitpicking I have seen Marvel's best and fact that the difference is huge is a problem it's right in our faces.

It's bad and I can tell the budgeting has reduced significantly.

Disney and Marvel are making lots of money from Movie projects and Merchandising so they have it and I believe with out a shadow of a douth that Marvel is not spending as they are 100% in control animation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. bigdaddy313

Wow that was rude.

Aw well I got others right spike and Freddy.

Now as I have made my point on what's wrong with Marvel animation graphics, the story does look interesting and I am wondering how the tone will be like, we did see a small preview last season with the squadron supreme arc.

13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I suggest everyone should calm down a little and not let others' opinions affect them that much. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of their reasoning. There's really no need to take things personally or to attack others on the board. If things digress further, disciplinary actions will be taken.

Personally I agree the animation isn't the greatest on Avengers Assemble but I don't find it all that horrible. I can see why others have problems with it but it's definitely watchable. I guess it might just be me but I don't really pay that much attention to the quality of animation on shows and can watch pretty much anything as long as I find it entertaining enough. And I don't think I'll really have any issues with this show as long as it keeps improving or remains as entertaining as the latter half of season two was.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TheLemsterPju

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to play the victim, but honestly the past couple days have been absolutely horrible for me.

#474 TheLemsterPju, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As far as animation quality is concerned for the Marvel cartoons, I think from best to worst it goes something like this:

Ultimate Spider-Man > Guardians of the Galaxy > Avengers Assemble season 2 > Avengers Assemble season 1 > Hulk and the Agents of SMASH

The trailer looks like it's about the same, if not slightly better, animation quality as season 2, so decent to solid animation if not as striking, strong, or fluid as the animation in USM or GoTG. At least in my opinion.

Ultimate Spider-Man is still the best looking Marvel cartoon, and the only one (so far) who has consistently looked good :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

You make it seem like I expected him to NOT defend the company and the work that his crew is doing. Obviously, I was INTENTIONALLY pointing out the obvious.

17. TheLemsterPju

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I do dislike Hope as a character, be it, Hope Pym in the MC2 continuity, or, Hope Van Dyne in the MCU.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jeez, that looks like a busy Wasp costume (which fits with the redesigns we're getting for the rest of the Avengers at any rate). Though I guess one way to tell it's Hope and not Jan is she's a brunette here while's Jan's hair color is traditionally auburn.

Totally wouldn't blame anyone for mistaking her for Janet though :sweat:.

Didn't Wacker already confirm that War Machine's not going to show up o_O?

20. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I'm still not sure what the holdup with War Machine is about. For a show so aggressive about copying the movies it seems weird that he hasn't at least had a guest spot.

Not much to be done about it now. She's the one being used in the movies and the Wasp kids'll recognize from here on out.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.