1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

They need to stop doing what the MCU is doing and do their own thing.

2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

As if it had to make even less sense for Falcon to be a teenager, if Bucky does have the same MCU origin.

3. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Its hard to fault them for trying to cash in on an extremely successful film franchise. I just wish the results came out better. Did anyone else think back to Spider-Man 2 during that train rescue?

4. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

They used Falcon and they went wrong because he doesn't resemble the character from the movies, now they are afraid to use others MCU characters that haven't appeared in movies yet... the best example is Ant Man, he appeared in the first season, but we never knew who he was, now it seems obvious that he will be Scott Lang, Hank Pym will surely be an old man, Janet might not appear or will be replaced by Hope, Vision might be JARVIS... I hate synergy!

I hope the writers have some balls and take risks with material from the comics rather than the movies, as they do with characters that aren't part of the MCU... and please no more Falcon's mom.

5. Magmaster12

I don't think the thing with Janet being gone matters at all, based off set photos Hope even has the same stupid hairstyle as Janet.

6. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell they are. Red Skull didn't kill or transform Bucky in the movie. I'm fine with them basing stuff off the movie since the movies are what got most people into the franchise. What i don't like is crap like them needing to do complete rehashes of the plot.

7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

So I watched the episode and here's the lowdown.

No, stop Bucky you have to be better than him and crap, you know the rest... Oh and Hulk/Hawyke/Thor humor all at once... Remember when past animated marvel shows that Christopher Yost worked on told more complex arcs that went places with their cohesive narratives and three dimensional character development? Good times.

8. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Sadly, Marvel Animation Division under the Loeb/Quesada regime (a) doesn't know the definition of "all ages" and (b) thinks that kids are stupid as hell. Just look at the "all ages" MARVEL ADVENTURE line of books that Marvel put out when Quesada was EIC to see the same type of crap that you see in the current animated series.

9. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Excellent Cap-centric episode this week with a lot of personal stakes for him. Looks like we haven't seen the last of Winter Soldier either. I enjoy Avengers Assemble because it embraces classic super hero action adventure stories, and this episode fit that to a t.

Hawkeye had the best one-liners this week. I hope gets to use a jetpack at some point. I generally like that Hawkeye is closer to his comic personality here and he's more of a wise cracker and hot dog.

FYI, Bob Bergen voiced Winter Soldier/Bucky.

10. ClodClavo

ClodClavo Member

Marvel's Avengers Assemble 205 "Beneath the Surface"
    (8:30 AM - 9:00 AM ET/PT) Sunday, November 2 on DisneyXD
    When Hawkeye and Black Widow stumble upon the Serpent Crown, they must work together to stop Attuma's battalion from destroying Atlantis.

Marvel's Avengers Assemble 206 "Nighthawk"

(8:30 AM - 9:00 AM ET/PT) Sunday, November 9 on DisneyXD
    When a mysterious new villain uses the individualized counter measures Falcon created when he was at S.H.I.E.L.D. to take out the Avengers one by one, he must figure out a way to save his team.

Marvel's Avengers Assemble 207 "The Age of Tony Stark"
    (8:30 AM - 9:00 AM ET/PT) on DisneyXD
    When the Time Stone becomes attached to Tony's arc reactor, it causes him to de-age and brings dangers from other eras, including dinosaurs, into present-day New York City.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/marvels-avengers-assemble/listings/

11. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

Iam only excited for the nighthawk episode......and again no guest apperances....

12. Magmaster12

Oh boy a de-aging episode that's never been done before, because you know Age of Innocence was the best Iron Man story ever. *sigh*

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The first two-parter of this season was very good....and slowly, the rest of the season has gone down-hill for me. All my hype for this season was due to Thanos and the infinity stones, but they're barely appearing so far.

14. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Steve Wacker said that the first half of the season will be slower than the second half, that's when a full story arc focus will comes in effect.

15. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

So I wonder is Nighthawk going to be connected to Hyperion or just a new guy?

Also now that they've confirmed Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel for Phase 3 I wonder if any of those characters will show up.

16. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

New clip

[video=youtube;ZyrGEi8_Ogg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyrGEi8_Ogg&list=UUvC4D8onUfXzvjTOM-dBfEA[/video]

More female characters, good.

17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Hawkeye's such a goof off :-/

18. Troy Troodon

My god the animation is sooo stiff and expressionless here.

19. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Stiff animation, stiff dialogue they handed Hawkeye, and Troy Baker's delivery was suitably stiff.

20. Troy Troodon

In essence what your saying was everything about this is... un-flexible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.