1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Keep up-to-date with all the news and discussions on Marvel's Avengers Assemble right here!

[​IMG]
    The record-breaking blockbuster film "Marvel's The Avengers" gave worldwide prominence to the most popular super hero team - Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow. "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" reunites the team, along with newcomer Falcon, marking the first time in animation history this distinct team of heroes will join forces. Led by Iron Man, the heroes train and live together in their new headquarters in Avengers Tower. The planet's most dangerous villains don't stand a chance when the Avengers assemble - whether they are stopping Dr. Doom from conquering Asgard, Attuma driving the Atlantean Army into New York City or Dracula unleashing vampire hordes, the Avengers must work together to succeed.

Stay tuned for further updates on Marvel's Avengers Assemble here at Toonzone!

Comments?

Previous Discussion Threads:
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

2. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

But this isn't AEMH, so the same strictures don't necessarily apply.

In fact, this is a perfect example of why AEMH and AA should not be in continuity with each other. Why should AA be restricted by the "rules" of AEMH? All it does is limit the writing options, and anger those who love AEMH.

Except they made her a vampire...

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Except they had an entire episode where she turns into a vampire and needs to be rescued by the boys.

I'm not sure how we can declare this a Mary Sue situation when we haven't seen the episode or how she evades the radiation. And I'd consider it far more maddening had they once again taken out the only woman in the cast and had her do nothing of value. She's by far the least utilized member of the team.

Most of the team aren't actually sporting their movie designs. In general they wear whatever the closest comic equivalent there is to their movie suits. Thor is wearing his Reborn armor (Which is what the movie used as a template), Captain America and Hawkeye are both wearing their costumes from the Ultimates, and Falcon is wearing something completely unlike his movie design.

4. satam55

satam55 Active Member

I stopped watching after the 4th episode. Has the show improved?

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Not really, IMO. It hasn't gotten worse, either. It's pretty stagnant.

6. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

As long Jeph Loeb dumb mandate's are still in place I don't see this show getting any better any time soon.

#6 dmxx116, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  7. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

i liked avengers EMH,,,,,,,,,,,and i began to love avengers assemble but i dont know why they r not bringing any more avengers?????when r they gonna pop on?????why namor s not n attuma episoide?????i really hope to see any gamma villan or hero like dic sampsons n HULKED OUT HEROES episoides,,,i dont know how hulk and widow can stop hulked avengers without help?????
    I NEED TO SEE MORE AVENGERS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

8. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

They are sticking with the core movie lineup cast for now plus Falcon who shows up in Captain America 2 in April.

9. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Because we're only 8 episodes in? Given time I think we'll eventually to see some guest stars and maybe a couple additions to the roster.

10. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

ok,,,,but look at batman:the brave and the bold,,,,,,it bring as much dc heroes as it can and at the same time its concentrated about batman and bring all his villans................why i cant see that n marvel n a serious show..................

11. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Because Brave and the Bold was explicitly a team up show designed to showcase as many characters as possible. That just isn't what Avengers Assemble is about.

12. wakawakawaka

wakawakawaka Member

how do you klnow that scarlet witch and quciksilver with be a part of the show?

13. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He is speculating based on them being in the second movie...

14. Monsoon

Monsoon Member

Pretty much. I feel it's a safe bet though since they so want to make this series like the cinematic universe.

15. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It is a safe bet, but it is still a wager - unconfirmed )

16. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

I just hope the bring any new avenger character n the 1st season......I really can't wait. ...

17. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Disney XD has released the titles for new episodes of Marvel's Avengers Assemble scheduled to air October 2013 on the network. Continue below for more.

Marvel's Avengers Assemble
    1-12 Avengers: Impossible!
    10/20/2013 11:31:00 AM P TV-Y7 FV

Comments?

#17 Stu, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  18. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

So AA takes a break on October 6th and the 13th? Doesn't surprise me. This program takes one break too many.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Uh... the Impossible Man?

20. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Look how quickly they rushed Avengers Assemble out the door. It takes eleven months usually to produce a single episode in the American tradition (the Japanese tradition due to differences in animation approach, voice recordings, etc., can take anywhere from six months to a single month depending on the situation/budget). It's very likely they premiered it with only a few episodes available, much like what happened with Young Justice on Cartoon Network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.