1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The all-new animated series Marvel's Avengers Assemble is set to debut Summer 2013! Keep up-to-date with the latest details right here!

[​IMG]
    The record-breaking blockbuster film “Marvel’s The Avengers” gave worldwide prominence to the most popular super hero team — Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow. “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” reunites the team, along with newcomer Falcon, marking the first time in animation history this distinct team of heroes will join forces. Led by Iron Man, the heroes train and live together in their new headquarters in Avengers Tower. The planet’s most dangerous villains don’t stand a chance when the Avengers assemble – whether they are stopping Dr. Doom from conquering Asgard, Attuma driving the Atlantean Army into New York City or Dracula unleashing vampire hordes, the Avengers must work together to succeed.

Check out the hour-long preview on Sunday, May 26th, 2013 at 11:00am (ET/PT)!

Stay tuned for further updates on the forthcoming Marvel's Avengers Assemble animated series here soon at Toonzone News!

Comments?

Previous Discussion Threads:
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

2. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Saturday is Free Comic Book Day, and Marvel's offering is a preview of Agents of Smash/Avengers Assemble!

3. strugler

strugler Member

Will it also be available via their digital app?

4. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No idea )

5. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Marvel released a new poster and press blurb.
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/marvels-avengers-assemble-first-look-at-the-animated-lineup/

MOD NOTE: Image WAY too big. Changed to link. Don't post such a huge image next time, please. Also, link corrected to ACTUAL source.

6. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's a great poster. Also, if you could not tell right away, the poster is clearly meant to be similar to the Avengers 2012 movie poster, trying to capitalize on the movie's success. All the heroes are standing in the same spots, without Nick Fury there, and Falcon appears above them. If EMH and the movie were meant to build the Avengers brand, then I believe Marvel's Avengers Assemble is designed to maintain that brand presence for the next couple of years until the next movie. Based on all the products we've already seen, people in the retail world appear to be buying in to the idea that this is going to be very successful for Disney XD and Marvel.

7. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

I don't want to sound like a downer, but this seems to me very much akin to an amateur bodybuilder - pumped up on steroids, all hype but seemingly little substance.

Note that I said "seemingly".

Despite what USM offered us, I really, REALLY want this show to be good. Or just decent, for that matter. But knowing the current men in charge of Marvel's animated sector, there's little to hope for.

Also, when will there be a trailer, or a commercial, or something?

8. strugler

strugler Member

@Kumori MC

While i am worried as you are, i keep telling myself that it Was MArvel Execs who wanted a unny, continuity free, childish, Spider-Man cartoon. So MAn of Action only did what they were asked. I also keep telling myself that Man of Action have wrote some good Avengers EMH episodes so they can write well, if they chose to. Also MAn of action are executive producers and not the writers, something i did not notice until lately.

So there is definitely hope for this series.

9. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If you are complaining about Marvel now, I would say to you that over 20 years ago, there must have been Marvel comic book fans who were also skeptical of two animated Marvel shows: the 1992 X-Men and 1994 Spider-man series. However, remember that those two series helped introduce a generation of kids to Marvel. Speaking of the 1992 X-Men, it may be a coincidence, but MAA is being launched in a similar manner: a 2 part sneak preview, followed by the premiere a couple of months later.

Marvel's Avengers Assemble is being made largely for a specific demographic: Boys 6 to 14, the target audience for Disney XD. It is the ratings among that group that really matters, and anything else can be considered superfluous. Unfortunately, unless Disney XD sends out press releases, we likely won't know those specific ratings.

As for a commercial advertising the sneak preview, the best guess I have is it might start airing tomorrow during Marvel Universe, to promote the sneak preview for the next 3 weeks.

10. RoryWilliams

I got the FCBD special. Nothing too out there, just a comic version of the trailer with the team fighting Fin Fang Foom. Tonally, it didn't seem to have much in common with USM either (nor did the Hulk portion).

11. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

X-Men the 90's was a mature show, very serial and story arc based, it's the main reason why I am into comics and the X-Men are my favorite characters up to this day. If AA turns out to be good I will look at it as the first two seasons of Justice League even if it was more of two part stories, but it was still kind of episodic.

12. strugler

strugler Member

Here is a youtube version for those who are outside the US:

[video=youtube;Qk29xpznHEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qk29xpznHEA[/video]

13. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

Hmmm....aside from Pasdar's voiceover, it does not show much.

Well, actually, it does show one thing. If the teaser looks like this, then they really are putting all their money into this show. Hopefully it'll pay off.

14. strugler

strugler Member

The premiere is 3 weeks away. aren't we supposed to see at least a trailer by now ?

15. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

Another very good question to ask.

16. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Trailers could be coming up in a few weeks. Any upcoming interviews James?

17. RoryWilliams

Of this is just a "sneak peek" perhaps there will be a trailer attached to the actual show.

18. strugler

strugler Member

The sneak peak is the 2 first episodes of the show. Once I watch 1 hour of the series, I'm not sure I would care for a trailer then.

We should have a trailer by now

19. RoryWilliams

It's one hour and then nothing else until July so a trailer for the rest of the series would be a smart marketing move.

20. babykhris

babykhris Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.