1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Head to Head" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Jan 25, 2015.

?

Rate this episode

1. *****

20.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

40.0%
  7. **

20.0%
  8. *1/2

20.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

More mind swapping on this mornings Avengers Assemble!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Nighthawk"
    Episode Premiere Date - January 25th, 2015
    Tony believes the Avengers have reached the pinnacle of perfection, but when M.O.D.O.K. uses the Mind Stone to assume control of S.H.I.E.L.D., the team is put to the test as they are forced to swap minds.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

It was a decent episode. Predictable, but decent. Aside from the poor hygiene jokes, I thought the humor was pretty good. Hearing Hulk in Falcon's body was hilarious.

The negatives, Tony still relies too much on his technology. But at least he admitted he was off by the end of it.
    I don't think there's a good enough reason to not give S.H.I.E.L.D. the Infinity Stones. Nick Fury himself even said they increased their security. I don't think a force field or turrets will protect the Avengers Tower in case Thanos returns. Hopefully there's a bigger plan for all this...unless I'm missing or forgeting something.

Plus, we got to see Black Widow use Mjolnir! That pretty awesome, even if it was just a few seconds.

3. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

This was better than I thought it would be, but still not as good as Rescue Bots' take on this kind of story. The opening with the AIM grunts was probably the weakest part of the episode. Things really picked up once the team switched bodies. I'm still disappointed that we didn't get to hear impressions from the VAs, though.The jokes are still more miss than hit, but the action sequences looked good. I especially liked MODOK controlling the Helicarrier and taking the floor out from under the heroes. It reminded me of some the stuff we've seen Magneto do in the movies. Unfortunately, the CGI MODOK was very goofy, like something from the late 90s. I like that Hawkeye was the one to call Iron Man out on his tech reliance and came up with the plan. Anything that develops his character beyond lame comic relief is a step in the right direction.

Avengers tower was infiltrated by Winter Soldier just a few episodes ago. The Helicarrier isn't safe either as this and many episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man have pointed out. No matter where the stones are held, Thanos will likely hold all 6 before the season is up. I think this is just meant to create some friction between the Avengers and SHIELD.

4. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

So what happened in the end? How long have their minds been switched?

5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

They undo MODOK's spell and everything goes back to normal, with no lasting side-effects other than an appreciation for each other. Oh, and the Avengers take possession of the Mind Stone. I think the whole episode only takes about an hour in-universe.

6. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

This episode is pretty much what I expected: meaningless, pointless, and joyless.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

As far as Freaky Friday style episodes go, not too bad. Some fun jokes, and the personalities played off each other well.

I will say though: I agree with Tony's decision to not give SHIELD the Mind Gem. I mean, c'mon! SHIELD gets broken into or infiltrated every other week! I wouldn't hand them the stone either. Increased security, yeah right!

8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Decent episode. Although the mind-switch was disappointing because of the voice actors switch as well, I admit it did lead to a few amusing moments. But there were also some lame jokes and pretty bad lines which tried too hard to be funny. Still the action scenes were good and I liked how Hawkeye was giving Iron Man a hard time because he relies on technology too much - even though he apparently already learned this lesson in a few previous episodes.

9. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

This episode just flat out suck, This brings nothing new to the table how many times are they going to do these dumb mind swapping episodes?

10. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. Again writers, story not gimmicks!

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

The only thing that bugs me is how MODOK found and got ahold of the mind gem. Iron Man shutting down and saying no to Nick Fury was awesome.

12. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

I guess this episode could've been worse, but they didn't use the premise to its full potential. Maybe because they wasted so much time in the beginning teasing the "SHIELD doesn't trust the Avengers anymore" plot. By the time I figured out everyone's switch, the episode was already halfway over. There was plenty of room for gags but not deeper character moments. Also the thing with Thor calling his hammer back didn't make a whole lot of sense (shouldn't he have done that at the first sight of it leaving?)