1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Crack In The System" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Apr 12, 2015.

?

Rate this episode

1. *****

14.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

28.6%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

28.6%
  6. **1/2

14.3%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

14.3%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Check out Marvel's Avengers Assemble!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Widow's Run "Crack In The System"
    Episode Premiere Date - April 12th, 2015
    Iron Man and Captain America try to rebuild their relationship; Iron Man hides information.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Looks like we're gearing up a civil war.

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Just as I expected that was terrible, especially the lead in to civil war.

4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

It was okay. Not much to say about this one.

Though I would have liked to have seen the Ultron Family (Vision, Jocasta, and Alkhema) show up; the later two working for Ultron.

5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Well, this episode kinda goes a ways towards explaining why everyone is so nonchalant about Ultron stealing the limitless powers of the Infinity Stones. Still, the confidence really feels unearned. I mean, Thor says that Tony could never be outsmarted by a machine without any hint of irony. I'm glad they started developing the rift as the episode progresses. I'd prefer if things had been a little more subtle and spread out across the entire season, but it is what it is. At least Cap has a fairly reasonable position all things considered.

Ultron is pretty much your standard killer robot trying to bring about the end of humanity. I really liked his serpentine mechs, though. The other robots weren't anything special.

Ultron: 7
    Schism: 7
    Tony's Overconfidence: Sorta justified
    Mecha: 7
    Action: 7.5

Final Score: C

Just a quick question, but did Justin Hammer have a Texan accent last time he appeared?

Its pretty early for all that, isn't it? They just introduced Ultron. Bringing in all his kids might be overwhelming at this stage.

6. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

So... no Hank Pym? meh! stupid synergy!

7. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

That can't happen it would require a level of creativity.

8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Or this was his first appearance and they didn't want to throw in an entire family of new characters at once.

9. strugler

strugler Member

Not sure why you guys hated it, but as someone who despised the juvenile first season of AA, and liked some of season 2 eps, i believe this episods is a BIG step in the right direction. You can definitely feel there was some changes in whoever handling the show and it feels good. Hopefully the rest of the ep will taking the right steps and we might end up with a show that rivals EMH in terms of quality. 8/10 from me

10. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Seriously, how is it possible that the fact that Ultron absorbed the power of the Infinity Stones has been ignored just like that? I mean, if Ultron really has the powers of the stones, I think the Avengers shouldn't have been able to even touch Ultron. How is this error going to be fixed?

I really don't like how the story is turning to the whole "Civil War" topic. With all the consecuences that story caused in the comics, I really don't want to see that again in animated form.

By the preview of next episode, it looks like I was right when I suspected Ultron would use the body of the Super-Adaptoid. And I'm so glad to see Spider-Man here!! I hope this won't be his only appearance in the story. I mean, if the Avengers are going to be divided, they are really going to recruit new members; and Spider-Man is one of their best options.

Just one question, what was the last things Hammer said to Stark after "I'm ruined"? I couldn't here clearly that.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Great episode. Seeing Captain America call out Iron Man on his methods was awesome. Curious to see how that will pan out for the rest of the season.

12. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

One attempt to bring Arsenal back and look what happens. The chances of doing so again for good are a million to one.

How long will Cap be gone since he just threw in the towel?

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh, this episode was OK, but something about th writing seemed off. Don't all the Avengers (especially Stark) know that Ultron is ore than capable of easily evading such tracking programs? And like Roxas mentioned, what happened to all the Infinity energy that he absorbed? Is it just gone?

As for the Civil War thing, it feels kinda petty so far. I mean....on this show, villains escape all the time. It isn't fair to blame Tony just because he didn't want to kill a friend.

14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty decent episode. I liked the fight with Ultron, thought that was great. The rest, not so much. I appreciate they're trying to start a Civil War-like story, but it would have been nicer if we had some more build-up to it, and not have the break-up occur after only one episode. I also thought the beginning was a little too silly with the barbecue party, though it did get better from that point on. Captain America's decision was pretty predictable seeing how the episode progressed, but I kind of doubt his absence from the team will last too long.

15. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

They are rushing through these plots WAY too quickly! Thanos then Ultron then Civil War? It's too manic and they're not taking enough time to do the stories justice.

That too. At least they establish that Ultron took over Arsenal, something Tony has an emotional attachment to, but at the same time...Arsenal WAS just a machine. It's not like a human being was hijacked.

I would've said the same thing, but Hickman wrote a scene of the Avengers barbecuing, so I'm not going to complain. Wished Thor busted out with his fimbulvinter pie, though.

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Civil War was worse than beyond petty in the comics. It's like everyone has forgotten that. Or Captain America's insane realization at the end.