1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Back to the Learning Hall" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Feb 8, 2015.

?

Rate and Comment on this "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

50.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

25.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Check out Marvel's Avengers Assemble!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Back to the Learning Hall"
    Episode Premiere Date - February 8th, 2015
    When Thor is tricked into returning to Asgard, he and the avengers discover that Loki has an evil scheme to make earth and Asgard crash into each other to get revenge on his brother.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Loki getting locked up in an Asgardian cell at the end, I think, ties into his status in the Hulk episode "For Asgard", where he was in a cell through out it.

I hope they actually had a timeline planned all three shows.

3. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

And the disassembling of the team might lead to Hulk becoming an Agent of Smash

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Wouldn't that be something.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Not my favorite episode. They kinda hand-waved the explanation of how Loki got his hands on the Space Stone. Hawkeye was annoying as usual.

I dig Thor's pet, though. I wish it would appear more.

6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Didn't really care for this episode. The forced humor wasn't all that funny, though I admit there were a few neat moments I liked (such as Hawkeye's test or Thor's pet) and I guess it was nice seeing Thor use his mind to answer those riddles. Other than that nothing really stood out for me. The premise that Thor has to basically attend a school reunion was a little too silly.

7. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Do the writers realize how limited Loki is as a character? His vendetta against Thor is really tired here, especially since he doesn't really have anyone else to play off of. Hawkeye's fight was pretty good, but there's not much else to this episode. Oh, and Loki had the Space Stone all along.

This would've been more interesting if some of the Asgard cast had shown up as classmates. But making the school completely empty crippled the episode's own premise. How did Sif or the Warrior's Three fare in the Learning Hall? Were Loki and Thor exaggerating their experiences? Guess we'll never know.

8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It wasn't a major episode, and the high school reunion and dropout stuff felt a little silly, but I did enjoy what was there. It was kind of neat to see Thor, Hulk and Hawkeye this chummy for once while they dealt with Loki and the challenges. It feels as though it might have been a little early to see Loki again. I love Loki but I found myself wondering when we'll see Dr Doom again or some classic Avengers villains instead.

9. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

I actually really enjoyed this episode. The laundry thing at the beginning was stupid (if Cap is so concerned about it being "duty", why do they decide by drawing straws rather than taking turns in a fair way?), and while the premise of Thor not graduating and going back to school is ridiculous (because just how long ago WAS that?), but I liked the challenges and that they kept the cast to just Thor, Hulk, and Hawkeye until the big fight at the end.

I kind of laughed at that riddle guard just saying Thor failed while bashing him over and over...was he just going to keep doing that until Thor died if he didn't get the right answer?

I would've liked to know. And they name-dropped the Warriors Three too!

10. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

With respect to your opinion, Loki is only limited by the capacity of the writers. They don't use him as the master manipulator that he is. Part of this is the fault of the one-and-done nature of their episodes, part is the fault of the duration of the episodes. That said, they should never use characters when they can't do justice to them.