1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Avengers World" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Rate this Avengers Assemble episode

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

20.0%
  3. ****

20.0%
  4. ***1/2

20.0%
  5. ***

20.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

20.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out the epic second season finale of Marvel's Avengers Assemble today on Disney XD!
    Will the Avengers terminate the threat of a triumphant Thanos?

[​IMG]

Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Avengers World"
    Episode Premiere Date - September 20th, 2015
    Directed by: Phil Pignotti
    Written by: Kevin Burke & Chris "Doc" Wyatt

When Thanos attacks Earth, planning to finally take over the planet by destroying the Avengers, the team discovers they are more than eight heroes - they are an ideal.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Well, that was the most satisfying arc of the series. Thanos wasn't as impressive here as he was in the Infinity Stones arc, but I did enjoy seeing the team push themselves to their limits. That said, I hope Thanos gets a rest in this show. He's already looking to be the main antagonist of the Guardian's cartoon, he doesn't need to be everywhere.

I don't really understand Fury and SHIELD's absence. It feels like they could've marshaled the necessary power and cooperation. That's what there for after all.

The "New Yorkers stand together" moment has been done to death at this point, but at least it made sense when tied to the episode's overall theme of unity. Plus, it builds really well with the "Unlimited" tone the show seems to be diving into.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

... That's It?! I could barely even make out the thumbnails of the "New Recruits" for next season!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think I made out Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, and Captain Marvel, though I was kinda expecting a bit more o_O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Ok...watching it now.

Shrinking the Earth with no consequenc-OY vey....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. ToonFan83

ToonFan83 I'll grow old, but never up

Black Panther was shown, too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I have mixed feelings.

The episode did a good job of showing how dire the situation was. They were even desperate enough to shrink the planet (desperate times, desperate measures).

Thanos looked better than I thought; glad he didn't lose to Pacific Rim Iron Man. And I also liked that we saw some of his rare abilities (knowledge absorption, or whatever that was). Although, if he's "dead", how will he be in Guardians? Maybe I'm just overthinking it....

On the other hand, the ending got a bit cheesy. Think the climax of some Raimi Spider-Man films, but not as well done. Also still not a fan of Thanos' voice (makes him sound more like a thug), but whatever.

The ending is intriguing, though. New members ahoy!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

There are other member... from Egypt?? Moon Knight??? anyway, the design of Black Panther is the same of the concept art of "Captain America: Civil War"

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheLemsterPju

I think it's pretty clear at this point, even with the team reportedly being "newly formed" that the GotG toon predates all the animated shows at this point in the timeline.

10. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Yet another case of creativity over continuity I presume. (If one can even call it "Creativity")

11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode though not as exciting as the previous part. Ant-Man's plan to shrink the Earth was kind of odd but did manage to make a neat cliffhanger last time. Thanos was used rather well, and his fight scenes were decent. I thought the giant Iron Man versus giant Thanos battle was nice. The way he was defeated was pretty cool, but for some reason I thought the scenes of Avengers inspiring the people of New York to stand up against their opponent weren't as impressive as the ones in the previous episode, where they inspired the Korbinites to fight alongside them. Thanos' "death" scene was good, though I'm guessing he will appear again sometime (even if I'm in no real rush to see him again on this show).

I'm glad they didn't just forget about the Black Order in this story, even if they didn't manage to get that much screen-time here. Pretty cool seeing some more fight scenes with these guys (and gals) involved. Nice to mention the Guardians of the Galaxy took them in custody at the end, since I was wondering where they were. Still didn't exactly give a decent explanation as to why they didn't interfere in all this. Same goes for SHIELD, or just about any other hero Earth has at the moment. I realize this is the Avengers' show and new recruits will only appear in the next season, but it was still kind of weird.

There were some decent moments here - Iron Man's and Captain America's speeches about not giving up, some of the scenes with Thor and Hulk enjoying their fight a little too much, or Black Widow's attempts at diplomacy (which apparently were enough to grant her a job as an ambassador - hopefully that won't mean she'll appear even less in the next season). Also, nice cameo from the Watcher. But the ending also brought back some of the lamer aspects of the show which have been pretty toned down in the last few stories, such as Hawkeye getting so excited for getting his own controller for a video game, or Falcon's mom sending a cake, not cookies.

All in all, not bad. it worked rather well as a season finale. Looking forward to the next one, with any new additions to the team.

Speaking of which... Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther and someone I can't really recognize (Moon Knight?)

12. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

That is Moon Knight. Marvel's more insane Batman.

That is one thing I love about this show, they will randomly use characters who have long since been forgotten for fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, that's definitely Moon Knight. They're using his modern design.

14. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Yes... but they refuse to use two founding Avengers like Hank and Jan :(

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, one potentially doesn't exist and if he does he's likely way too old to be active as an Avenger, and the other isn't an active hero in the MCU (yet) and has a high probability of being replaced or fused into her MCU original daughter in the same way Scott was with Hank. Doesn't make it any less disappointing :(.

16. TheLemsterPju

The Marvel animated universe really needs an antagonist that can't be defeated or killed by customary means. Especially of Earth origin.

Minor nitpick: I'm disappointed that Thanos was taken out by a single satellite. Not a brutally fitting death, or something catastrophic like a black hole. I really liked how creative Justice League and Batman Beyond got with killing or "permanently defeating" the antagonists. I guess times have changed. Things are just simpler now. Dunno, probably just my urge for brutality in action shows. :D

17. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

I think Thanos could have killed all the Avengers on the moon, but well... we could say the same about Loki at the end of the first season of Avengers: EMH.

18. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Hank is kind of redundant with Ant-Man already being there.

19. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

[​IMG]

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And that Scott has Hank's personality and intelligence, plus apparently invented Pym Particles. Begs the question of why they're called "Pym" Particles, but whatever :confused:.