1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Avengers Disassemble" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Apr 19, 2015.

?

Rate This Episode

1. *****

14.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

14.3%
  4. ***1/2

28.6%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

14.3%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

28.6%
  10. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Check out Marvel's Avengers Assemble!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Avengers Disassemble"
    Episode Premiere Date - March 1st, 2015
    After Captain America leaves the Avengers, Ultron resurfaces and takes control of Avengers Tower and Iron Man's Hall of Armors

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Well nothing better is on might as well this.

Didn't Ultron have the power of the Infinity Guantlet, why is he basically Amazo now?
    Sending in robots to take down Ultron, Shield continues to be very stupid in the animated universe.
    Not that any of it matters since the robots were already useless.
    Spiderman's behavior is at its complete worse he's at a solid level ten, his behavior feels completely out of place with the tone.
    I know Spiderman is annoying but there's no reason for the team to be a complete jerk to him.
    So Cap leaves the Avengers and goes to Shield, yeah that's just stupid considering how they;re hacked every week.
    Why does this make him remove the red from his uniform?
    Falcon's Gary Stu powers of course save the day, sort of well at kind of annoying how he leaves all because there's no Stark Tech and not because of his connection with Cap.
    Really splitting the team up was your big plan Ultron, that's just a minor inconvenience compared to what you could have done.
    Also why did Hulk go with Cap?

Stupidity left and right with this episode, the icing on the cake was Spiderman's appearance completely ruining the tone.

3. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Hulk kinda respects Cap more even if he and IM are buddies. Stark creating a Hulkbuster probably had something to do with.

4. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

Between Ultron being unstoppable and Iron Man leaving the team in the dark, these problems are tearing them apart.

As for Spider-Man, I still say they should've had him imagine Mary Jane as Black Widow with her agility but sad to say, that's wishful thinking.

The entire team divided. What else can go wrong?

On a lighter note, I like Cap's new look. Five will get you ten they're using it for Age of Ultron.

5. TheUnderMiner

TheUnderMiner Member

Great - they just had to bring the annoying USM schtick into this show as if AA didn't have enough problems. Terrible.

6. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

After Spider-Man did his thing, I figured people wouldn't like the episode. Though the fact that it looks like he's doing it in real time instead of literally stopping the scene, which normally happens, makes him seem autistic. (I don't mean that as an insult.)

I'm mixed with "Avengers Disassemble". I like how they made Ultron a monumental threat, but they still didn't explain why didn't use the Infinity Stones' power, and Tony went full Idiot Ball with his lousy reasoning for not telling the team info.

I don't think this whole rivalry was written as well as it could have been.:sad:

7. cjeromek

cjeromek Member

Decent episode, I guess. The pacing in this show is so weird; so much seems to happen with so little time time to digest. Also if they were gonna take the opening from the Winter Soldier I wish they would have used or created a song similar to Taking a Stand.

8. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Spider-Man had to show up as an Avenger sooner or later, though I wish they had left the cutaway gimmick back on Ultimate Spider-Man. I guess the fact that he is doing this in real time adds another wrinkle to the character. The schism finally widens completely and thankfully makes sense for the most part. I think Hulk heading off alone would have made the most sense. It feels like the first season spent a lot of time apologizing for Tony and now its registering that he really needs to work on his leadership skills. So we'll see where they go with all this.

Ultron is getting boring. Every encounter with him feels the same.

Iron Man: Ultron will never see through my brilliant plan! And none of you need to be briefed on what's going on.
    Cap (or virtually anyone else on the team): I don't know, Iron Man...
    Ultron: I have seen through your brilliant plan. Death to Humanity.
    Iron Man: What the—?!
    Cap: Dang it, Tony. You are such a screw up.

Also, why did Cap bring in LMD's in the first place? I know he doesn't like to endanger people, but these were SHIELD soldiers. They knew the risks when they signed up.

Schism: 8
    Ultron: 6.5
    Spider-Man: 7
    Hubris: Again.
    Action: 6

Grade: C-

9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

My major problem with this episode is how the writers have to make Iron Man and Cap stupid to create a rift. Why would Iron Man not tell any of his teammates about his plans? It's not like that would effect anything. And why would Captain America bring LMDs to a fight with a villain who can take over all electronics?

And like JoeMabbon said, the fights began to get boring and repetitive. Ultron keeps smashing through all their plans.

10. strugler

strugler Member

Spider-man gags, chibi's and 4th wall breaking BROKE this episode. what the hell were they thinking? Keep that stupid stuff in USM.

I agree that Ultron having the upper hand is getting repetitive. I also agree that Hulk should have just gone his way.

Decent episode would have been better without spider-man (i can't believe i am saying that, me a HUGE spidey fan since the 90's).

11. Straight Edge

Straight Edge New Member

This episode would have been the perfect opportunity for Hulk to leave the team to form his Agents of SMASH, what a waste.

12. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Honestly, how can you say that Spidey shouldn't have been here? Putting aside his childish things like breaking the 4th wall and Chibi-Spidey, he was the only one who was acting like and adult with all the tension between the members of the Avengers. I would really wish for Spidey to stay here a little longer.

13. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Acting completely immature until the proper time calls for it is not good writing, that's overly perfect Gary-Stu territory.

14. Capt. Speedbump

In my opinion, this was the worst episode of Ultimate Spider-Man that wasn’t technically an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.

The Avengers noticing Spider-Man ‘narrating’ to nobody really disturbed me.

OK, in Ultimate Spider-Man, when Spidey does this, thebackground freezes, in essence stopping time. This effect lets people think that this is all just happening in Spider-Man’s mind, that he’s narrarating to himself, and it’s just a way for the show to let us hear his thoughts. But outward, he’s still acting in real time.

But here?

He’s stopping in the middle of the action to have his ‘narration’,and the show displays the other Avengers noticing this.

This episode has single-handedly made Spider-Man a raving lunatic.

All the Ultimate Spider-Man tropes I hate were here: the chibi sketches, Spidey's narration telling us things we should be able to tell through the action and characterization, the wide eyed monkey-screech… any third-season USM episode (and a good portion of first and second season episodes) was far less annoying to me than this. Heck, Spider-Man wasn’t nearly this bad when he guest starred in Hulk: Agents of SMASH.

I can’t fathom why this episode seemed so intent on ramping up the annoying Ultimate Spider-Man parts that the actual Ultimate Spider-Man show is actually doing a good job of finally toning down.

I haven’t even gotten to the rest of the episode, but I think I’ve ranted enough.

#14 Capt. Speedbump, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
  15. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I thought the fourth wall narration gag was pretty brilliant.

16. Roxas_Sora

I don't know what is "Gary-Stu territory", but Spidey wasn't just mature at the end. When SHIELD was about to attack them, and every time Cap and IM started an argument, Spidey was the only one to put them into their "place" and focus on the real matter. Besides, Spidey's jokes was precisely what allowed Fury to recognize they were the real thing, not LMDs.

17. cjeromek

cjeromek Member

I'm just guessing but it may have something to do with the fact that Man of Action is working on this show and most of these gags came from Seasons 1 and 2 which they worked. I didn't have a problem with them but they maybe because they distracted me from the poorly written Iron Man/Captain America feud.

18. Roxas_Sora

There are a few things else that I want to comment about the episode:

1º) Even although they managed to take down the Super-Adaptoid, I don't understand why Ultron left it for Arsenal. Yes, I know Arsenal's body has the power of the Infinity Stones (which, by the way, I don't understand why Ultron hasn't use it still); but still, since it can take cover several robots at once like a computer virus, having both Arsenal and the Super-Adaptoid would have been a perfect addition for Ultron's schemes. And by the way, Cap; seriously? You bring robots to fight Ultron? And you can Iron Man reckless?

2º) I still don't get why the Adaptoid could copy Spider-Man's powers. I mean, sure, his Spider-Sense is way complicated to reproduce; but I don't see why it would be impossible for the Adaptoid to mimic the webbing.

3º) I need to say some things about the armors that Ultron took over:
    + "Iron Patriot": I still would like to know how Tony took this armor from Norman Osborn, even although he could have taken it after his second transformation into the Goblin.
    + "War Machine": Anytime I see this armor, I can't stop thinking where James Rhodes is.
    + "Cosmic Power Armor": Yes, this is the armor that Iron Man had back when he temporally became Galactus' Herald. Only this version is red and yellow. How could he recreate such armor?
    + "Hydro Armor" (or "The Rubbering Duck"): I don't understand why Stark changed the colours of this armor to blue and purple. (it already appeared back in Attuma's episode). Well, I guess these colours suit much better for "underwater missions".
    + "Mighty Armor": The armor that Iron Man used against the Worthy in the comics' "Fear Itself", alongside the Mighty. Clearly modelled after the Destroyer. When the shell did he create this one? And why? And how?, since he couldn't just get Odin's power to create it.
    + "Stealth Armor": His last armor (black and yeloow) before the whole "Superior Iron Man".
    + "Iron Man - Triangle Unibeam": I guess this was his previous one before the one he currently wears. Not much difference from the current one.
    + "Hulkbuster Armor": I know he owns several models of the Hulkbuster armor, but I would have liked to see one with red and yellow.

I was lacking two armors here: Classic Armor (not clear if it has computer or not in it) and the Silver Centurion. I wonder where they were.

Well, opinions?

19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

My favorite thing in the episode were the Avengers looking at Spider-Man while he was talking to the audience and breaking the fourth wall and off in his own little world. Then Black Widow had to grab him out of it. It was fun to see Spider-Man doing that while other characters were watching him being an absolute goofball.

I like that Ultron is one step ahead of the heroes at every turn. It seems the Avengers are unfortunately playing right into his hands.

20. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I don't know, it just feels like Ultron outwits everyone in the same way each time and in ways that aren't terribly interesting or convincing. Young Justice did the same thing with The Light, but it was more believable there because we were seeing a massive conspiracy of villains with a rather intricate, well-placed network of operatives. Here, Ultron wins because he's Ultron and Tony's extremely overconfident.