1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Ant-Man" Feature Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Man, that Yellowjacket suit looks awesome in that pic. Can't wait to see more from it :D.

The pic has also gotten me pumped for Ant-Man vs. Yellowjacket :cool:.

2. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

LOL I didn't notice Ant-Man at first. That nice suit btw.

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5. RoryWilliams

So he said AOU informs the events of the film in a way, as it plays into why Pym doesn't like superheroes. He also mentions Civil War so perhaps they plan on having Hank appear there too.

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Going buy what we know about AoU, it seems like the public are really soured or fearful of Superheroes, so I can see why Hank wouldn't want to be associated with them or the identity of Ant-Man. Not to mention that, when he was active, he was more of a secret agent compared to what the Avengers have done and doesn't think their over-the-top heroics is what Ant-Man does :ack:.

Reading that description, it sounds like Scott and Hope's relationship will be...interesting to say the least. Now I have to wonder what their dynamic might be like as Ant-Man and Wasp :sweat:?

Looks like the movie will feature the most out there bromance of them all: Scott Lang, and a bunch of ants :p.

The fight between Ant-Man and Yellowjacket sounds awesome :D.

Good ol' Thomas the Tank Engine :).

7. RoryWilliams

[video=youtube;Cqs5PebhRM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqs5PebhRM0[/video]

8. RoryWilliams

The actual trailer.
    [video=youtube;pWdKf3MneyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdKf3MneyI[/video]

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm optimistic that it's going to be a really fun action comedy but I can't imagine that this trailer would sell me on it if I wasn't already anticipating it. I really liked a couple of shots (running on the gun barrel and running with the ants) but it just felt like a mediocre trailer to me.

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I dunno....I know Ant-Man's a "big" character and all, and there's a lot of cool stuff in the trailer (which is MUCH better than the first one), but this movie still seems kind of....dumb. I don't know why, but I'm just not really excited for it, but will end up seeing it since it's part of the MCU. Who knows? I might end up being as good as GOTG.

11. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Behold, a greater threat than Thanos has arise:
    [​IMG]

Thomas the Tank Engine. Bwaaahahahahaha.

LOL that was an awesome trailer. I was bit on the fence about Ant-Man but that trailer made a believer.

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Definitely an improvement, trailer-wise, compared to the first. This gives us a lot more action, insight into the story, and better introduces all the principal players. Granted, compared to AoU or even the Guardians trailer, it's a little by the numbers and I'd be the first to admit that my affinity for the characters involved has lot to do with why I'm looking forward to this. But the trailer was enjoyable, and I'm sure the movie will be fun and a nice treat, and not every MCU movie needs to be groundbreaking or break the mold :).

Highlights:

- They're going to make fun of the name all movie aren't they? Well, at least Scott's owning up to it :p.

- Looks like Hope comes around eventually to Hank again and helps train Scott, and it even looks like she knows how to work Pym tech.

- As far as her training with Scott...I guess hitting his hand wouldn't have been as effective :sweat:?

- I wonder if Ant-man will prove that shrinking powers are awesome before Atom does on the CW? Well, he also has the opportunity to show how being able to control ants is just as awesome ;).

- Man that Yellowjacket suit looks even more awesome in action. Can't wait for the fight between him and Ant-Man. And it looks like part of their final fight takes place in Cassie's room :eek:!

- Thomas the Tank Engine coming in to save the day :D.

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty fun trailer. Visually, this might be Marvel's best film yet; all the scenes with a shrunken down Lang look amazing, and the effects may not even be finished yet.

Only gripe: the "I'm Ant-Man" is way too similar to the Star-Lord scene from GotG.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5/6: Poster has been revealed
    "Ant-Man" Cast Assembles for New Poster - Comic Book Resources

5/20: So with all the merchandise coming out, some theories and rumors are no doubt to be reignited.

The latest one comes from a LEGO set depicting the final battle - the one seen in pieces in trailers of Ant-Man/Scott vs. Yellowjacket.

The said LEGO set however...

16. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I get why...

Also, I'm sure I saw that rumor at least a month ago.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5/22: I'm not sure either. I think at this point in the MCU, people are always looking for a red herring or some 'journalists' are looking for a new angle to get hits on their article. Safe to say Darren Cross is definitely the villain.

5/23: Ant-Man's getting a focus in the next EMPIRE. Some interesting bits about Wright's script -- the villain was Nano Warrior and he even wrote a post credits teaser for Age of Ultron.

18. McMax

McMax Member

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Could be the movie's best kept secret. Or looking ahead to the next movie after this one...hmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.