1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)" General News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Uliss

Uliss Guest

The finale will be unexpected

2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool. I was just wondering when they'd get around to May and Mack's back stories. Should be fun.

Speaking of Mack and Bobbi and the thumb drive, maybe they're secretly working for Maria Hill and keeping tabs on Coulson? From Hill's perspective, she was #2 and golden boy got picked to head up the new S.H.I.E.L.D. over her. Might be a hoot to see those two talk about that...

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jeremy Renner making a guest appearance on Agents of SHIELD as Hawkeye would be awesome, especially with Bobbi in the cast :D.

Maybe we'll get the explanation for why he wasn't in Winter Solider here before Age of Ultron :p?

7. RoryWilliams

Hawkeye would be good because he and Black Widow are probably the two Avengers you could depict most satisfyingly on a TV budget.

8. McMax

McMax Member

I hoped that it would be a picture of Clark Gregg and Jeremy Renner on set but this is better than nothing given its source. Every post I make about AoS I always make a plea for any of the SHIELD associated Avengers on the show, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon and Captain America most of all. With half a year until Avengers 2 it would be a good way start the ball rolling for the movie as well as keeping the show tied into the movies.

P.S. Does anyone know if Clark Gregg will appear in the movies again? Has he said anything about it?

9. RoryWilliams

The last word on Coulson returning to the movies was an interview Joss Whedon gave earlier this year, where he said Coulson would NOT be returning in Age of Ultron because he felt it'd take too long to explain how he's alive to people who don't watch the show.

10. McMax

McMax Member

That explains AoU but what about CA3 or Black Panther and Avengers3? Is he ever going to return?

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Anything is possible in an age of miracles.

12. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

I still don't buy that explanation. The audience knows Coulson is alive. It doesn't require much explanation.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Speaking to TV Line, the producers tease a bit about the back half of the season
    20/20 hindsight, the loss of Tripp during this transformation does add some resonance to the pilot episode when Skye has a take on the classic Spider-Man quote in the diner with Mike.
    The Cavalry story will be worth the price of admission alone, imo.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

1/8: Super excited to hear that but at the same time, look what happened to Lawless. Wonder who he is Inhuman? HYDRA? Ex-SHIELD? Senator? Someone's daddy? ;P

1/15: The name of the next episode is aptly titled "Aftershocks" and Brett Dalton promises a new direction for Ward.

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Ward's previous actions and proclivity for immorality aside, if I was completely honest for a girl and went through months of trying to connect with her as well as helping her with her problems...only to end up with bullets while my back was turned, I'd probably be over her as well :sweat:.

16. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

I quickly leaned once I had to interact with people that whoever said "honesty is the best policy" obviously never tried it

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh. Either he's gifted, a popular talk show host, or the new MCU President of the United States :sweat:.

19. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

If he's President the MCU must be pretty bad if they've gone through three Presidents since Iron Man 2.