1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)" General News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wait.... is the guy on the far right Ward? I know Coulson is desperate, but I don't think bringing in a former turncoat is in any way a good idea :sweat:.

Nice to see Dum Dum and Jim with Peggy, and I hope the Commandos have a good presence on the show :).

2. Captain Travis

I'm thinking Skye's father will turn out to be Dr. Calvin Zabo. I don't however think Skye is Quake.

3. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Skye in an actual get-up and not just civilian clothes is nice. I was a'fearin' she would continue to be relegated to token civilian and outlaw.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Can't wait to see how they'll introduce her. It's be really neat watching them finding former agents and rebuilding.

Agreed. Great to see Dum Dum and Jim. Also, Ward. Hmm. I guess without Garrett, Ward has no purpose. Coulson is desperate for agents. Something really bad happens to the team and maybe he's forced to use Ward?

Mister Hyde. Interesting guess.

EDIT: 19 images from "Shadows"
    http://shieldsite.net/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-season-premiere-photos-shadows/

5. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

When you really think about it, the way Wards character was set up...his motivations, the tragic backstory, him not really being a true believer, it basically guaranteed he would be back on the team severing in some capacity.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I can't imagine Ward almost killing him and Simmons, as well as almost dying and possibly only just avoiding brain damage, didn't leave some kinda mark on him :sweat:.

I can see things getting especially complicated if Ward ends up back on the team :ack:.

Fitz has always had some particular moments of being cold, unfeeling, and willing to do what it takes to get the mission done which I can see the events of the first season reinforcing. Not to mention that, on top of possibly Ward, he'll probably still have to deal with Triplett and Simmons....

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess the question is with Garrett being reduced to a stain, who would Ward go to if he had a choice - S.H.I.E.L.D. or HYDRA? The former isn't exactly a Arnim Zola situation but still it's pretty close...

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd go with HYDRA by virtue of the fact that SHIELD would probably not hesitate to kill him if he so much as looked like he was going to turn traitor again, while HYDRA would probably accept him with open arms and as a whole fits more with his real personality. The only reason I could see him going back to SHIELD is because of Sky or if he's genuinely repentant, but I'm not sure if I could buy the latter :shrug:.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I can't imagine that ending well :sweat:.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

13. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Season 1 planted a lot of seeds.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Plenty of seeds. And easter eggs.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

H.A.M.M.E.R. :eek:!?

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It is very interesting. Be neat to have an episode focusing on an AU version of the Agents :).

I wonder if EuroM.I.N.D. might become relevant around the time Dr. Strange premiers? Would be interesting just to see Simmons' reaction to genuinely paranormal/magical things ;).

I think it's likely someone hired Creel to get that case.... the question is who :ack:?

I assume Creel had partially absorbed something when he came in there and his clothes just covered it :sweat:.

I wonder if they'll somehow fit in Absorbing Man's ball and chain?

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9/20: I think the producers hinted once that other famous agency(ies) will come into play in season two.

Neat idea. I'm up for them using any AU from the comics.

I wouldn't doubt that. Strange is probably at the top of their list.

They got to use the ball and chain at some point. Even if it's just a quick sec as an homage.

EDIT: Just noticed David Cannon and Rick Dennison name dropped in "The Only Light in the Darkness" when Skye brings up Marcus Daniels' file. [​IMG][​IMG]

9/22: EW interviews Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen about what to expect with season 2
    The 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' are 'true underdogs' in season 2 | Inside TV | EW.com

Ming Na-Wen also did a Q&A today
    https://www.facebook.com/AgentsofSh...98282.421182894613231/764784910253026/?type=1

19. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Skye's dad will probably wind up being our next Garret, given he has a big name star playing him. I just hope his is a character not so short-lived. :p