1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)" General News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They way they put it in interviews, this was the end of the arc started in the pilot. So in a way season 1-3 was MCU-ABC Phase 1. Next season, is essentially the start of Phase 2, imo. They could re-appropriate the Secret Warriors as a task force to hunt down Daisy. Throw in some new ones, they still have Eden Fesi to introduce. Given the final scene, Deathlok would be a good candidate to appear in a bigger role and/or even lead the SW.

They did kill off Andrew so you could argue Mack was safe.

My gut says May. Maria is still technically wanted by the authorities and she was shielded as an employee of Stark -- if she still is on both counts is unknown.

Indeed. They've pulled other characters from the movies. Nick Fury being the biggest so far.

2. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

"Thanks to PC?" C'mon. One of the most common TV troupes is that minority characters are extraneous, marginalized, interchangeable, and killed off first. I guess any violation of that in favor of giving minority characters strong character arcs and actually keeping them around is "PC."

By the way, RIP Trip and Andrew.

Edit: Speaking of Triplett, just found out BJ Britt is playing the suitor on this season of UnReal, one of my favorite shows of last summer.

#282 reflection01, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Some people on Facebook thought it was because Ghost Rider is going to show up.

5. reflection01

Clearly people who don't watch the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

#286 Yojimbo, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  7. Action!

Action! Active Member

Can't wait to see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

6/30: TV Line reports A.I.D.A. will be a recurring character
    And also two other characters are being cast
    And also SDCC news has dropped as well
    7/1: Some have noted that description of the Latino brothers resembles Robbie Reyes and Gabe. And, Robbie happens to be the recent incarnation of the Ghost Rider.

I do recall at some point in season 3, the producers did hint magic would come into play soon or something like that when Dr. Strange was mentioned. I thought they were talking about Hive's connection to the Satan lore but hmm.

9. reflection01

Dr. Strange is this season's film tie-in. I assume they won't build off GOTG2.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The only thing that's going to be weird is because of the 6 month time jump in the season finale, Dr. Strange already happened in-universe in that epilogue. So whatever the tie-in is, it'll be more like the Staticorp case or the Lorelei episode later on, both which were post-Dark World.

Speaking of tie-ins, it's a pity Spider-Man: Homecoming is in July. There still might be a way to tie into GotG Vol 2 because of some of the BTS stuff we've seen online but who knows. It comes out right around when this season 4 will end like Civil War this year.

11. reflection01

BTS stuff?

Season 4 won't necessarily start 6 months after the finale. We may see the lead up to that point.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The Nathan Fillion stuff.

You mean they could start season 4 with what takes place between Lincoln and Hive's deaths and the epilogue. Hmm, that would be interesting.

13. reflection01

It would make sense for the Epilogue to take place at the Fall finale. I'd prefer that to just starting with Daisy out of SHIELD and Bobbi and Hunter back in the fold wondering what happened or engaging in flashbacks.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Phooey! Back in my days, Ghost Riders rode bikes and looked cool doing it :p.

Ah, who am I kidding, that's one sweet ride :D.

I do find it kind of interesting that the teaser has the traditional Ghost Rider skull design instead of Robbie's from the comics, which then begs the bigger question of how they're going to adapt Ghost Rider into live-action...especially on a TV budget :sweat:.

Though, still, it's really cool to see Robbie Rey show up in the MCU, and I'm definitely intrigued to see how they handle him and how he's integrated into Agents of SHIELD. Especially when we're getting more and more into the mystical side of the MCU, both with the Netflix shows and Dr. Strange coming up ;).

Though a part of me can't help but wonder if they're using Robbie for the TV show because Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch, basically the classic Ghost Riders and their iconography and villains, are being reserved for the movies or something else? Of course, thanks to Nicolas Cage, I can understand them being put on hiatus for the forseeable future in terms of Marvel productions :ack:.

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, yeah, the cynic in me thinks using Robbie was a compromise and loophole they used to get Ghost Rider on the show. Sure there were those Netflix rumors awhile back but who knows what they got planned for the predecessors...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't even think the Netflix rumors had any precedence because of the budget it would take to pull it off, but if AoS is doing Ghost Rider I guess anything is possible :sweat:.

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, in this day and age, the pressure is on for FX houses to up their game quickly or they'll lose a customer, imo. Even though there's multiple Ghost Riders out there, just in name, that one is appearing on AOS kinda squashes any chances of the others appearing in other TV series or movies, imo.

• Like Like x 1