1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)" General News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by tazmaniak, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

When is "Agents of SHIELD" Season 1 coming to DVD/Netflix?!?

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

DVD & Blu-Ray: September 9. Netflix: unknown. It could show up on some other streaming service instead,

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Maurissa and Jed open up a bit more about season two. Mainly, Coulson's lack of trust in others will conflict with the need to bring people in. And on the production standpoint, production starts on the first episode next week and teases, "We have our arcs, we have our tentpoles, and we have quite a few off the board."
    Agent Coulson and 'SHIELD' Are in 'a Bit of a Pickle' in Season 2 - Spinoff Online - TV, Film, and Entertainment News DailySpinoff Online – TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily

7/18: TV Guide has the SDCC poster for AoS season 2/Agent Carter season 1.
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHIELD-Carter-Poster-Comic-Con-1084613.aspx

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if Ward making it on to the poster instead of Tripp actually means something.

5. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

6. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

They won't kill Triplett. Triplett's actor has been spotted on the set of Avengers 2. He's not going to die IMO.

As for Lucy Lawless, Abigail Brand sounds like a reasonable prediction, or perhaps Jennifer Walters considering she's close to Ruffalo in age.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, Marvel keeps snagging veteran actors/actresses. I'm impressed.

8. RoryWilliams

9. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I imagine Ward is still going to be pretty important to the series, since I recall the creative team stating that they still have a story to tell with him which was why he wasn't killed off in the finale. He's also still one of the principal cast members, and the poster does also reflect his turn to evil on the show :).

Though, yeah, it is weird that Triplett isn't in the poster. But on the positive side, Fitz is, so hopefully that means he ends up okay :sweat:.

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That is an awesome casting.

Great guesses. Those popped up in my head, too. Though, I wonder if she might be playing a certain Hydra leader...

Cool. Good to get confirmation on that.

Yeah, the producers confirmed Ward is returning. But yeah, it is weird they didn't include Trip.

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Lawless could probably do a great Abigail Brand or Madame Hydra but the former would definitely be more of what people expect from her. And with the cosmic section of the MCU starting to get more focus, I think it's only a matter of time until S.W.O.R.D. pops up :).

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Indeed. But Fury likely had some sort of monitoring unit either officially within S.H.I.E.L.D. or in one of his secret bases - considering there was the alien corpse pumping out magic juice for x amount of time. If Lawless is playing Brand, it makes sense as a way to start tying more into the off-Earth stories like GoTG and into Coulson's trust issue arc - having to staff up his new S.H.I.E.L.D. but still have trust issues.

EDIT: TV Line noted they are looking to cast "Mary Maloney, a highly skilled agent who can "command any room" (and boasts "effortless sex appeal")" but like the main cast - probably a working/fake name.
    https://tvline.com/2014/07/21/lucy-lawless-marvels-agents-of-shield-spoilers-season-2-cast/

14. RoryWilliams

15. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

Ah, so they've heard about me ;) :D. This show is lucky it's so high-profile, or it wouldn't be getting a Blu release, TV shows seem to be getting less and less of them.

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

So cool! Always hoped they would get her in after shelving the show pitch.

Wow, love all the casting info we're getting. Kraken. Nice! Part of Kraken's M.O. fits in rather nicely with a certain girl in a flower dress.

And even Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

They obviously wrote the role for you, man.

Yeah, and if only it would show up for pre order on Amazon...

17. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

I hope Jeremy Renner's excellent guest work on Louie paves a path for him to do some guest work on Agents of SHIELD this season.

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be pretty great to see Clint make a guest appearance on the show, especially with Bobbi joining the cast. Speaking of, the fact that Mockingbird is appearing in season 2 is pretty awesome :D.

It pretty much makes up for the fact that Lucy Lawless is playing an original character :p.

I wonder what her suit/costume/work clothes will look like? I could definitely see it resembling her current costume in the comics and I hope that's what they go for :).

That Kraken is going to be the Big Bad for season 2 is cool, and surprising, though I wonder if his armor from the comics will manage to make it in?

The announcement video cemented that I want to see more of Koenig and my belief that he's a LMD ;).

19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Mockingbird and Kraken? Nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.