1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

That opening scene...I honestly want to say it's one of the most shocking scenes in the MCU so far. I gasped out loud, and that's rare.

TBH, I had forgotten about Ward's brother. Who knew that Ward cared so much?

Coulson is becoming reckless; hope that doesn't backfire on him.

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

There's a lot of open threads from season one that they haven't gotten to yet.

Well... he was once on a Helicarrier and that didn't work out so good in the short run...

3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Don't I know it! I'm still waiting for Graviton to return!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

We never did find out what happened to Ian Quinn after the season one finale did we?

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Nope. Quinn, the Gravitonium holding the Professor, Akela Amador, Agent Blake, Fridge escapees...probably more I can't think of right now.

6. McMax

McMax Member

Me at the first scene…” No! Ah no, come on! Don’t!” I get that with the ATCU being Hydra and Roz not being Hydra then what do you do with her? Well she, and Banks, could’ve been made recurring characters. Roz becomes SHIELD’s rep to the US and other governments and Banks could lead the successors of the STRIKE team. Just an ideal other than killing her off and the show could keep using Gregg & Zimmer’s chemistry, they were good together. (Then MCU tossed Evans &Johansson's chem. in WS for Weldon’s crack ship so there you go.)

Mack.” What the hell I’m I supposed to do!”

Me. “Call the Avengers!”

Isn’t this what the Avengers are for! World conquering alien invasion threats from Hydra! I give up; we are never going to see any Avenger on this show.Did Simmons get a healing power on that planet for after getting worked over with a hammer and channel locks all she had was a small cut on one cheek? I was disappointed that Coulson didn’t put his season 2 posse back together to go after Ward, if you can’t have the Avengers at least get Deathlok! And if AoS doesn’t want to reach Batman levels of ludicrousness Ward must die.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #66 McMax, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  7. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"Maveth" December 8, 2015

Midseason finale! Tonight at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

[​IMG]
    "Maveth"
    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    A battle between Hydra and S.H.I.E.L.D. will change Coulson's world; Fitz and Coulson take a risk.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Damn it was satisfying to see Coulson end Ward but ugh I knew that what was going to happen with his body and the Inhuman.

Weird they introduced the nine cities history for the planet.

And Andrew/Lash is free in England somewhere.

Funniest use of a reference to Power Rangers, imo.

More thoughts later.

9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I was happy that Ward finally died, but yeah...now he's back. But maybe it doesn't count as Ward, even if it has his voice.

I don't blame Jemma for freeing Lash. In that situation, I would have done the same thing, only sooner.

The dream sequence with Coulson and that lady who's name I keep forgetting reminded me of a similar scene in The Wolverine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

On the 12 Inhumans, I'm not sure how that part of the plan was going to work out even if Lash didn't kill them all. When "It" arrived, they would all be released and suddenly have control of their powers and automatically bow down to "It"? Dumb. Unless "It" has the power to remotely control fellow Inhumans.

Nice, to see Rosalind again. Even if it was just a dream, it was a better send off than last week's episode. Plus, the producers did hint a bit of paranormal this season. Could have just been as innocuous as tying in the banished Inhuman to the Ram's head lore but who knows...

Figures it would be Coulson to get the Tatooine line. lol. Hunter waiving his hand around to confirm location -- aww, yes. Hilarious. Fitz was also had some neat references - from the Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll, Bloody Mary, and saucer of milk for faeries.

"It" recognizing the name "HYDRA"... I wonder if they're going somewhere as simple as one of its names was Hydra. We did see that tentacle move around in Ward's head at the end of the episode. And Ward mentioned the Inhumans outbreak to him. Can only wonder what its thinking. Bobbi did bring up a question I've wondered myself -- how much does Fury know about all this Monolith/"It"/HYDRA backstory? The fact that "It" was in such a weakened state -- there must be empathy involved with his powers. Maybe the more worshipers he was, the more powerful he becomes? So with no worshipers on Maveth left, It was so easily defeated with bullets and a flare gun.

But I think the best theory is "It" is a take on Hive. Embodiment of HYDRA ideal, parasitic worm, needs host bodies, host body can survive bullet wounds, enemy of Secret Warriors etc.

#70 Yojimbo, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  11. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Bouncing Back" March 8, 2016

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is back! Midseason premiere tonight at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

[​IMG]
    "Bouncing Back"
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    The aftermath of Coulson's trip to Maveth has him more determined than ever to shut Hydra down.

12. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

So many powered people, so little time. "Yo-Yo" was really cool. I was impressed that they even went all the way and had her speak mostly Spanish. Good thing they had a translator. But her powers are really striking, visually, and she seems to have a fun personality during action scenes. I wish she was staying...

But man, the more powered characters we get, the more the "normal" agents seem useless. I mean, old Medusa-eyes didn't have to break a sweat taking down Bobbi and Hunter. Same with Yo-Yo vs Mack.

Ward (or the thing using his body) keeps talking tough, but I'd like to see him do something; judging from the preview, I'll get my wish soon.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

11. Bouncing Back

Starting off with a flash forward... interesting. Three months later. So probably during Civil War which puts this episode in February 2016 more or less. Elena's cross, a SHIELD agent and explosion in space. I hope it's not a misdirect and it's Mack who dies -- Elena gives him her cross later in the season as a gift.

Good to see Elena's powerset was pretty much intact from the comics, even snuck in the Yo-Yo nickname. It was pretty cool that a good chunk of this episode was in Spanish. And not all of it was translated for us.

Awesome to see President Ellis make a proper appearance and he clears Coulson to keep running S.H.I.E.L.D. as a black ops outfit. An additional boon, because it covers the bases in the MCU proper -- that everyone believes S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't exist. Also a relief to see what Price did for S.H.I.E.L.D. turned to be true. Ellis' Fox News line, heh. And clever to use Ellis to build up Malick even further. He's definitely going to be harder to get rid of than Pierce... but so thrilled they're bringing back Talbot. Should a lot of fun now that the balance of power between him and Coulson have changed, heh.

Hunter continues to be hilarious. Figures he would be interested in having invisibility or x-ray vision. lmao.

It was nice to see Lincoln interact with someone not Mack or Daisy. And it was a nice organic tie-in with what Lincoln was taught about Inhumans and their powers; Simmons' intelligent design comment, creating an equilibirum and Mack and Elena's talk of faith and God's plan coupled with Malick and Giyera questioning their faith in It.

Also a nice surprise that Werner wasn't merely discarded and he came up again with that good ol memory machine from season one. Very fun to see four Inhumans duking it out at the police station. But dang, HYDRA coming in and scooping Lucio out like nothing! Elevator music on the phone was FTW. New hand was a cool idea - using that mask tech I think? May's role was small in this episode but 'welcome to the calvary' was worth it. Did not like Fitz and Simmons starting over. Dumb!!!

I'm on the fence about globalizing the Secret Warriors. But for and against are valid in their own ways. But it is one big chess game. And it makes sense for Joey to go since he also is in control of his ability. Although Lash is still out there.

14. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"The Inside Man" March 15, 2016

Traitor! Tonight at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

[​IMG]
    "The Inside Man"
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    A traitor is revealed when Malick is suspected of having an inside man at a symposium on Inhumans.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

12. The Inside Man

Last week starts with a flash forward, this week starts with a flashback and a peak at Hive's true form. Overall it was nice to learn a lot about Hive: from being immune to Lucio's powers, can't inhabit other Inhumans, can't feed on other Inhumans

Talbot did well in the spotlight. The chemistry between Pasdar and Gregg is well apparent. Definitely an intriguing proposistion that Talbot de-brainwashed Creel and now works for him. Plus, Creel is the key to a Terrigenesis vaccine! But as Fitz put it, still a lot of bad blood. While Hunter was justified, it was great to see May call him on his own B.S. about being a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

Daisy was hard to tolerate this week. Like there was a full moon and she went nutty. But I get she wears her heart on her sleeve and is protective of her heritage but she flipped out -- a little too green. Also, I was a little bummed out that May wasn't used too much again. Guess they're giving her a break after all the Lash stuff. Surprised to see Mack was not in the episode at all.

Looking ahead - man is Malick going to hard to get rid of. Worse than Pierce. And now Ward's body is all fixed up... Nice to see Daisy set up the Watchdogs who happens to be a rght wing militia group from the comics. Looking forward to see what role this Eden Fesi will play, probably another Secret Warriors recruit. Since in the comics, he is one. With a cool teleportation power. Still wondering about Alisha -- that one that can make copies of herself.

16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree about Daisy. She was being completely unreasonable; If I was an Inhuman, but had a power that made me completely ugly (quills, rocky skin, or no eyes) I'd want a cure. Also, seems like the easiest way to stop evil Inhumans to me...

I like Hunter, but he made me go "D'oh!" when he chased after Creel (although I did agree with him that it was naive to expect the other parties not to bring weapons.)

Geez, that scene at the end with Ward was something out of a Predator movie.

17. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It reminded of the Terminator when they time travel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

LOL, I should have thought of that, since I recently watched the Terminator films.

Arnold never ended up that gooey, though. ;)

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

True, "the gooey amniotic rebirth" trope was more Matrix I think? That definitely was the Arnold stance from Terminator time travel, imo. :D