1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "Scars" Talkback (Spoilers/Possible 'Avengers 2' Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, May 5, 2015.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Alliances get cloudy for Skye! Tonight at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

Please note, this thread may contain spoilers and references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

[​IMG]
    "Scars"
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    As tensions rise between S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Inhumans, Skye finds her torn between the groups.

#2.19: "The Dirty Half Dozen"

ABC.com - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I love how now that Raina is actually telling the truth, no one believes her. Karma for all the manipulating she's done in the past. But man, Skye's mom really messed everything up! I won't miss Gonzales, though.

Ward is quickly becoming the most annoying character on the show. Always so smug and always somehow getting the upperhand.

People who complained about the Hellicarrier appearing in the third act of AoU should be happy now.

3. Mr. Hypocrite

Mr. Hypocrite Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.

Well, we all suspected something like that would happen, but every single one of us would be a liar if we tried to claim we expected it to go down exactly like that.

And that's all I have to say. Not enough of a Hypocrite to say anything else.

4. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

I think you mean the best character on the show. Its amazing how AoS has been able to effectively utilize Ward after not knowing what to do with him for almost half a season. Bravo AoS, I'm sure we all thought Ward's plotline was done,,,nope.

Man...you can just see the Civil War seeds being planted. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. The SHIELD vs SHIELD plotline ended up going nowhere exciting, with everyone just kissing and making up so I can only hope the shows follows through if there is an actual SHIELD vs the Inhumans. Btw, I love that Marvel is totally being transparent with how bad they want the Inhumans to be the X-men. Jiaying = Magneto right?

5. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Which would make Skye/Quake another version of Scarlet Witch.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

COLD OPEN

Wow, so if I'm seeing it right, they're saying one full year has passed just before episode 1 of this season "Shadows" and this episode (20). After Simmons went undercover to HYDRA, Hartley and Hunter joined up, still looking for Gonzalez, Coulson is supposed to be in London (that fake trip is mentioned in "Shadows")... That is about right. Feige did say Winter Soldier takes place smack dab in the middle of the Avengers movies. In-universe, that confirms Age of Ultron takes place in about the same timeframe as its release date.

Also answers where Billy and Sam Koenig have been since the mid season finale when Coulson ordered them to stand by with the Theta Protocol. They've been in this black ops base that Sam appears to have been originally stationed at. And pretty cool that was the tie-in, Theta Protocol was an off the books failsafe, a Helicarrier. And it's the one Fury commands at the end of Age of Ultron. So that's the 'friends' he was alluding to. No secret team of powered agents, I guess.

Also nice to have a call back to the Koenig's love of Call of Duty. :) And I bet each Koenig likes a different Star Wars movie and argue about whose is better all the time.

MAIN STORY

And thanks to the well placed WHiH news feed, we know "Scars" takes between the conclusion of the detonation of the chunk of Sokovia and the New Avengers Facility scene a few months later (in the Empire podcast, Whedon said so). And unceremoniously, the two S.H.I.E.L.D. groups are one with the Board now acting as Coulson's World Security Council. Also a rare points to Gonzalez for using Tony Stark and Ultron as an example to show Coulson about his lack of objectivity with Skye.

Glad to see one of my guesses was right. The secret cargo on the Iliad was Kree tech and it turned out to be an Inhuman nuke. Also, it was a nice little tidbit when Calvin told his story about meeting Raina and basically revealing how she got all those flower dresses. And the "Inhumans" name drop. Nice!

Still had 3 gripes - mainly sub plots that bloated the episode and dragged the pacing. 1. Mack quitting. Makes sense now that the dust has settled with the S.H.I.E.L.D. conflict over but it felt tacked on and I could care less about Mack at this point. Since he's going to the Iliad to get his stuff, I can only guess he's going to become entangled with the Inhumans' attempt to steal the Kree nuke in the season finale. Maybe gets killed off. 2. May still being a you know what to Coulson. 3. Hunter and Bobbi still not talking.

And so it looks like we're going to see what kind of monsters Calvin and Jiaying turned into while they looked for Skye. And their first victim, Gonzalez. Plus May and Weaver are in serious trouble with Calvin juiced up. I wouldn't be surprised if Weaver and Oliver get conveniently killed off and Bobbi and May are the lone survivors of the Council. Just when you think Ward is done, he's back. Brother, he's still after closure? Wha? [strike]What the heck, I bet Dr. List and his HYDRA flunkies will show up to and we'll have a 3 way war in Afterlife.[/strike]