1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "S.O.S." Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, May 12, 2015.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"This-- This is war." Two-hour season finale tonight at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

Please note, this thread may contain spoilers and references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

[​IMG]
    "S.O.S." - Season Finale
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    S.H.I.E.L.D. puts it all on a line to survive a fight that blurs the line between friend and enemy.

#2.19: "Scars"

ABC.com - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow. So much happened. My mind is trying to digest it all.

First off, Ward's sub-plot was very intense. TV-PG how? Bobbi is one of my favorite characters again; that girl is a trooper. I hate Ward's guts though. How does he still have fangirls? I wish May had beaten him up again. I felt that his partner's death was a bit too sudden though.

We finally get some Inhuman action, and it was pretty cool. The red-haired lady reminded me of Multiple Man, only her copies didn't seem to vanish even after she was knocked out.

Is teleporting dude dead? What a way to go.

Skye has really improved in season 2. She doesn't even need to rely on her powers if her fight against the clones is any indication. Life must suck for her, though; she just found her parents, and now she lost both of them. :( But at least now she can find other people like her to join this sub-group. Lincoln would be a nice addition.

I'm mixed on Cal's series exit: Turns out he really is a softie (even for animals) but mind-wiping him? Even for SHIELD, seems a bit dodgy....

Not excited to see HYDRA again. So done with them.

The final, final scene had me shocked. Like.....what the heck?

Anyway, those are my scattered thoughts. The wait for season 3 will be a killer.

EDIT: OOH, I really hope that underwater scene was hinting hat we'll see Triton.

3. Mr. Hypocrite

Mr. Hypocrite Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.

I think Mind-wiping was the best ending for Cal. He's too unstable to be left to his own devices, but he was really just a pawn of his wife. This gives him a chance at a new life, without the burden of his past. I do admit it comes off as a bit dodgy though.

As for that final scene......

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

One of the best episodes of the series.
    I enjoyed the montage of the Terrigen crystals getting into people's good supply.
    And that ending wow. That came out of the blue. But I wonder if Simmons is really gone for good.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm stunned...

Coulson lost a hand - guess the Phase 2 Star Wars tradition reached AOS - and Simmons... :( But they needed to do things to some of the main cast for it to be a legit season finale. Can't wait to see what kind of prosthetic Coulson ends up with. Good to see Lola out and about! But poor Simmons. Second member of the horrifically trapped in powerful black gooey stuff club.

A little irritated Mack and Ward survived. I was cheering when Bobbi attacked Ward. Glad they got in a line to confirm HYDRA is pretty dead and running on fumes - since we saw Strucker and List, the last 2 known leaders, get killed off in AOU. I don't think this means HYDRA is back, just Ward is going to cherry pick what members he can find to form a revenge squad.

Anyone who's read my posts the past couple weeks and/or has been aware of a comic the producers are uber fans of, no surprise Skye is in place of a Secret Warriors/Catepillars project.

Looking forward to hopefully a new central threat in season 3.

6. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

Marvel's Agents of F.R.I.D.G.I.N.G.

The amount of fridging in this show:mad:. There were multiple times, where a woman was killed or gravely injured or almost killed just so that a man could stand over them and sob manly tears. AoS continues it's perfect record of killing off minority and female characters.

Farewell we hardly knew thee:

Gonzalez
    Jiaying
    Agent 33- I'm really sad for her since her life on the show was to suffer
    Raina
    Triplett

I knew not to be worried about Bobbie since they want to spin her off. And could care less about Simmons- she, Fitz, and Nick Blood are wearing Whedon-verse plot armor- that is being whites with British accents. Their jobs are secure.:evil: Mack only managed to survive because Triplett already suffered through "Black Dude Dies First" and Mike Peterson had already been taken out.

I'm only watching this show casually now. I refuse to become emotionally involved.

7. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

Really? So no props for having Bobbi subvert the damsel in distress trope by being the one that actually saves Hunter? Oh wait, shes white so I guess it doesnt count huh? Also, aren't the women in this show the most powerful characters? Skye, Jiaying, May, Bobbi because you cant claim the show of being guilty of that trope when its most prominent characters are female.

Wait.....are you really trying to race bait here? Are you serious? And did you really end your paragraph with "ill still watch this show even though it does everything I hate"? Hehe, thank you, I thoroughly enjoyed this very humorous post.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Upon second viewing, realized "Caterpillars" was on the white strip of the blue file Coulson handed off to Skye. So definitely Secret Warriors. I hope she recruits Deathlok to the first team.

It was nice the ending for her was the same as Coulson and Fury in season one. Coulson hands her off the big file, gives her the lead and tells her to take it slow. And she gets to drive Lola.

I'm skeptical this is the end. I thought Cal was one of the best things about this season. As we know, the T.A.H.I.T.I. Project wasn't perfect in keeping people from remembering. Or they could 'MIB2' Cal at any point, imo.

I doubt it. I would speculate, the arc for the first couple episodes is finding out about the Kree Stone. Then randomly, Simmons is back like nothing happened in episode 8 or 9. Maybe she's even given a power negation ability.

Thought it was dumb to move all the alien artifacts into the main base. They should have just retrofitted one of the secret safe houses into a storage facility.