1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Agent Carter (TV Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

And here's the synopsis.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5/12: LA, huh? It's going to be interesting to see what this assignment is all about. Peggy, Jarvis, Angie, and Dottie are shoe-ins to return but I hope the others will pop in, too, at least. Wonder how many episodes got ordered.

5/25: Haley Atwell revealed season 2 will be 10 episodes! It's set in 1940s LA.
    I wonder, maybe Thompson feels threatened by Carter and sends off to LA on this mission. :D

6/7: Atwell said she keeps thinking L.A. Confidential for season 2. She's been asked by the crew if she can sing and dance.

6/10: Current Disney-ABC Program Writer Brandon Easton joined the season 2 writing staff.

6/10: It's obvious but with ABC's fall schedule out, it's confirmed season 3 starts September 29, 9 PM EST. Confirmed on twitter.

6/19: Marvel TV will be at SDCC afterall. Friday July 10 at Ballroom 20 at 3 pm.
    6/30: James D’Arcy (Jarvis) and Enver Gjokaj (Agent Sousa) are reported to have been signed as season 2 regulars.

Still unverified are claims that Chad Michael Murray (Agent Jack Thompson), Bridget Regan (Dottie Underwood) and Lyndsy Fonseca (Angie Martinelli) will also return.

Some info on 2 new characters, Dr. Henry, a charming oddball, and Wendy Fallon, Hollywood starlet married to a CEO.

7/1: Season 2 poster released.

7/3: Butters and Fazekas teases using a villain or two from the comic books for season two.
    Hmm, a villain she would encounter in Hollywood...

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

When I think hollywood Supervillains, I usually think Mysterio, but unless Peggy is dealing with Quentin Beck's ancestor, I doubt he'll be involved :p.

5. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

It'd be really annoying if the show tried pulling a Gotham.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

7/6: Atwell confirmed Dominic Cooper will be back in season 2 (probably same minimal amount of episodes since if Preacer gets a full order).
    http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/agent-c...ic-cooper-returning-for-agent-carter-season-2

7/10: From the panel so far, they've confirmed season 2 is in 1947 - about 6 months later.
    And oddly, it seems confirmed both Agent Carter season 1 and AOS season 2 release on September 18 - a Friday.

Yahoo/HitFix

• Informative Informative x 1
    #146 Yojimbo, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  7. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

TVShowsonDVD.com updated their announcements earlier to say that both seasons are going to be Amazon exclusives at first (but not MOD releases, like some were worried about), which probably explains the odd Friday release date.

Also, the SDCC panel revealed that an Agent Carter soundtrack will be released this fall. If I had to guess, probably from La-La Land Records.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jarvis opening a movie studio as a hobby? Sure, why not :p.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

7/11: For Howard. It makes sense, I think in season one he mentioned being a producer to meet chicks. Opening a studio is a next step in his debauchery. lol.

7/12: The Secret Empire will be the primary antagonists in season 2. The Darkforce dimension figures into season 2 as well. Interesting connection to AOS.

7/21: Interview from SDCC with the producers.

7/29: Another interview with producers. Some more teasing on the Darkforce's role in season 2 and Peggy's love life.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...as-butters-on-season-2-writing-captain-marvel

• Like Like x 1
  10. RoryWilliams

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

That sounds...perfect. I love the idea of Masque being an actress during the day; I can totally see her rocking the 40's look.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Madame Masque? That's a cool surprise. Actually, they'd probably be better able to play her character straight in that period than they would in the present day ;).

I wonder if they might substitute a relationship with Howard in place of a relationship with Tony, and if she'll still be Whitney Frost/Nefaria?

Looking forward to seeing how they adapt her look :cool:.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/7: Awesome! Secret Empire, Madame Masque, Dottie, and the Darkforce -- lot's of work for Peggy. :D

8/31: Season 2 filming began earlier today. And Atwell already has a "battle scar."

14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Madame Masque is a pretty cool villain, so I'm looking forward to seeing her on the show. The Secret Empire and Darkforce should be fun, too.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  16. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think that's a pretty well deserved promotion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9/4: Agreed! But I admit there's a tinge of skepticism at the back of mind. Was Sousa promoted to chief of the SSR, succeeding Dooley instead of Thompson, or is the image a bit of a trick and Sousa became chief of the SSR branch in LA?

9/8: Atwell confirmed Dottie will be back in season 2 and Bridget Regan is on board.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I imagine Dottie's real name will be revealed as Claire Voyant.

Speaking of which I'm still hoping we see other Golden Age Marvel heroes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9/9: Write up of Atwell at Fan Expo. Not much more but she did reveal she only read 2 scripts so far, they're filming, and Jarvis and Sousa are with Peggy in LA.

9/11: Agent Carter will also be at NYCC.
    October 9, 6 to 7:15 pm
    9/25: Another season 2 poster. This one will be available at NYCC.

20. RoryWilliams

Our new cast additions:

Wynn Everett is playing Madame Masque, Lotte Verbeek is playing Jarvis' wife, Reggie Austin is playing a scientist named Jason Wilkes, and Currie Graham is playing Masque's husband.

• Informative Informative x 1