1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel Zombies" Mini-Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Wonder Woman, Dec 7, 2005.

?

Rate and Comment

1. *****

57.1%
  2. ****1/2

14.3%
  3. ****

14.3%
  4. ***1/2

14.3%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Amazing!
    Administrator

The word outta WizardWorld Philadelphia is:

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

The newest printing of the Marvel Zombies hardcover (the fifth printing - wow!) is causing quite a stir because of it's cover. The cover for the new printing is:

[​IMG]

This is a homage to a Mary Jane/Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane cover that has alot of people upset once again at Marvel.

[​IMG]

Here is a link to one article that expresses disgust on about the cover (link contains adult language):

http://comics212.net/2007/06/12/

Other blogs around the net have expressed a collective "ew" with the new cover.

I will add that even though the bought the entire mini-series I decided to pick up the hardcover anyway and ther story is still fun with some gorgeous artwork. Hard to believe that such a fad could erupt over a comic like this. I bet Marvel had no idea that Marvel Zombies would be this big.

3. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I was trying to figure out why I thought the furor over the latest reprint cover was overblown, but couldn't quite pin it down. Luckily, Steven Grant managed to figure it out and articulate it better than I could.

I was also a bit puzzled about why they selected THAT cover out of all the covers they have to do an homage. Not that I don't like the original cover, but it seems like there are a bunch of other Marvel covers that they could have homaged instead that would have gotten a bit more recognition.

-- Ed

4. MachineMan

MachineMan Guest

yeah i cant wait for the 4th book but my favs right now r #1 and #3