1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel Vs. Capcom 3" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Desensitized, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

Yo think of the New Yok Niks!

2. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

http://www.newsarama.com/games/marvel-vs-capcom-3-preview-interview-110201.html

Seriously Seth?

The thing about Lady is she most likely would have been just another gunner. Probably not much different than Chris. Plus Dante already uses Kalina Ann. Trish offers more variety.

3. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

Hey Seth, not only did you prove you DON'T read the comics but Akuma's in this game which kinda makes you a hypocrite.:mad:

4. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

How are any of those guys just punchy dudes? Doesn't Ghost Rider use a chainlink whip as a weapon and Iron Fist has knowledge of multiple fighting forms?

They could just go ahead and say they aren't relevant to spare us the excuses.

5. MegaJ

MegaJ Like a spring breeze.

I was about to say. In Marvel Ultimate Alliance, he used it for a lot of attacks and they were pretty cool looking. Maybe they didn't want another fire-user like Dormammu?

Should we expect reveals tomorrow?

6. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Another side effect of the exclusion of Mega Man is I can't have a "Mega Man tag team" go through the game. There are only two slots for Mega Man series characters, Zero and Tron. A third representative from the MM series would have been great for this game.

7. RogueFanKC

RogueFanKC Eulalia!

Firstt scans of Jill and Shuma

Posted on GameFAQS, but someone found scans of the first in-game pictures of Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath on Famitsu:

Not sure how to feel; I was so used to Jill's classic look in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

8. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Poor Iron Man. I guess Jill didn't like his pretend gynecologist joke.

9. unknown hero

unknown hero Chaos Dimension!

10. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe the Collector's Edition gives you access to Jill and Shuma. I think you just get a voucher for them so when they do come out you can get them for free, similar to the first DLC of Alan Wake.

I would have gotten the Collector's Edition but I landed too great of a deal with Amazon and managed to get the standard edition for $8.99. I couldn't pass that up.

Anyway, they look great. Shuma looks surprisingly awesome.

11. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Shuma-Gorath looks like he tastes like lemons.

12. RogueFanKC

RogueFanKC Eulalia!

...is it just me or does it look like that the developers spent a lot more time on Shuma Gorath's 3D model than the other characters? :confused:

I mean, look at the spite! When he crawls like a spider, his legs looks like skeletal bones. You can tell the grooves of his skin whenever he's extending his tentacles, you can see the gums inside his mouth when he bares he teeth as a snapping attack, and geez, look at his animations when he does his hypers, especially the Chaos Dimension! He even has a new Hyper of the beam coming out of his eye that definitely wasn't in the previous games.

I'm a little concerned on how detailed he is to begin with. :shrug:

13. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

14. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

From what I can remember, yes, and I still have my Dreamcast specifically because of Marvel vs Capcom.

That logic is horrible and scary because it means the game developers have been inside my house....which really could not have happened. That aside, having played this franchise since its beginning, there are TWO main (not two only, but certainly two very large) pieces of criteria as to adding a character to the roster of one of the games:

1. Characters that can bring something new to the table, and/or add excitement to the player's game experience with fun and unique characters who also fit together even though you never thought they'd be a relevant addition.

2. Characters who are that reliable kind of iconic that you can always go back to, OR (and this is the more fun part of this one) use those icons like Megaman and Ryu to beat the poop out of characters you don't like or don't want, like Sentinel in my case.

That's why we need Megaman. Obviously, when you put that on top of the opinion that the most recent few characters mentioned over the last few months feel obscure to me, a person feeling both of those things would easily be very miffed about the Megaman thing.

Snap!! Snap!!

lol! I thought of that too, probably because the last time I saw Shuma Gorath was MvC2 and Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter where he was just: Green. But at the same time I think they did a great job. Instead of just rolling my eyes and hating him and wanting to use my hero characters to beat him up, I instead think he looks pretty scary. Good show.

Okay I'm done. Release the game, not the Kraken!!

15. unknown hero

unknown hero Chaos Dimension!

16. staticblue

staticblue Active Member

17. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

New DLC mode called "Shadow Mode" revealed, where you can fight against pro-gamers and Capcom employees... sort of. In fact, it's more based on their playing styles than anything else.

This better be free, cause paying for that would be garbage.

18. MegaJ

MegaJ Like a spring breeze.

19. RogueFanKC

RogueFanKC Eulalia!

Don't let it get you down

Knowing this game though ,there's probably going to be ways to counter Sentinel. I would have faith that soon there will be tactics with the other characters to specifically take advantage of Sentinel's shortcomings.

20. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

So he's got a light low kick attach that's multiple hits and long range. All those things added up together is recipe for cheese, but it doesn't turn me off to The Sentinel, or get me shaking in my boots like MegaJ very possibly might be. ;) Now we know about the move in advance.

I can take him. Besides, we've got larger, world-devouring problems. I saw Galactus flick a guy with his finger. DOINK!

There's always been something. You just have to find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.