1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel Vs. Capcom 3" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Desensitized, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

So by way of NeoGAF, I found this from the same source that revealed Super Street Fighter IV.

In the thread on NeoGAF that reveals this is a post by MarkMan who made the MvC2 sticks and pads which basically revealed the game before Marvel and Capcom had announced it's re-release.

While this is not 100% confirmed as of yet (maybe by E3, maybe sooner, maybe it's bunk), this is probably as good a chance as we've ever had for a sequel what with the TvC engine out there now and MvC2's huge reception on XBLA/PSN. So, should we speculate/ pick this apart? Or toss it to the trash like so many other rumors?

2. ensatsu-ken

ensatsu-ken "Come and get it!"

I would LOVE to believe that this is true, and there is nothing which I can think of which would completely discredit this, so I'll just hope that its true and will be confirmed soon enough, but I'll still keep myself somewhat skeptical about this news as to not get my hopes up too high and end up being disappointed.

But, really, MvC has been a very successful franchise for Capcom, so I actually can't see why they didn't do an MvC3 sooner. I wonder what new characters they would include in a new MvC game. For one thing, from the Capcom side, I personally think that they should put Dante from the DMC games in as a character, as it only seems like common sense that he would be perfectly suited for a fighting game, but I believe that one of the head members of the team that worked on the DMC games said that they didn't want to over-expose him or something, which sounds stupid, but that's just what I heard, anyways.

3. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I'd call it total nonsense if it weren't for the apparent fact that the guy has been right before. I think we can file it under "plausible."

Call me crazy, but I'd almost rather see TvC 2. But of course it'd be pretty damn hard to say no to a third, rebalanced MvC game. I'd get it.

4. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

This seems to be in-line with what Seth Killian hinted at on the Capcom-Unity boards.

It could be completely unrelated, but the Captivate event is coming up soon.

5. Grenzer

Grenzer This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style

So can we get Capcom vs. SNK 3 next? Kim wants to have a little talk with Juri about using Taekwando for... EVIL!

But this is great news, although you have to wonder about how this would work if it is true. Disney now owns Marvel, so it goes without saying that they would be involved in the development of the game if only tangentially. Would they possibly influence who ends up on the Marvel side of the roster to suit their agenda?

6. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Two good things can come from a MvC3.
    1. The possibility of Disney/Marvel & Capcom teaming up again for a new era of licenced game greatness.
    2. Deadpool being a playable character, his massive popularity in the Marvel fanbase and the fact Cable was in the last one are two good reasons.

7. Mynd Hed

Mynd Hed Holy blue on a popo!

A fair question, although Disney has avoided mucking around in the Marvel deals from before the purchase that have been bringing in money, and since this is a proven money-maker, they'd probably prefer to stay hands-off and watch the cash roll in.

8. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

I wouldn't mind a secret character or two, but I doubt any Disney characters would appear. I'm just hoping that this leads to the many, many, MANY, characters that got passed over in 2 to finally get their chance to shine.

I really hope that if this happens that means Capcom has the Marvel fighting license again. It's been too long.

9. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind Active Member

Their Marvel line is really dated now, isn't it? New sprites please.

And yeah, Deadpool vs. Dante. This fighter desperately needs gunners.

10. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

I'm pretty certain it will be 2.5 like TvC.

As for dated, yeah it's very indicative of the time period. But I hope Gambit still returns along with Strider... And B.B.Hood...

My Gambit/B.B.Hood/Strider team must live on. :crying:

If Deadpool doesn't make the cut, then there is something seriously wrong with Capcom.

11. unknown hero

unknown hero Chaos Dimension!

IMO the style they used for TVC would work better than dusting off the old sprites or making new ones.

12. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I don't know if this news is the truth or just an internet rumor, but as long as we get some new Marvel characters like Thor, Silver Surfer, She Hulk, Ms. Marvel or The Thing this time, I'll be satisfied.

Personally, I'd rather play a Marvel vs DC game, but I know that's not going to happen.

13. Shredhead

Shredhead Suck gas evildoers!

Well thats good news if its true that there will be a new a third game. I'm going to hope its true but if its not I wont be shocked or disappointed but I'll still speculate about it. If its really true I'm just wondering is it going to be for the Wii or not. I hope the VS franchise stays on the Wii its one of the only few good third party exclusive games that people actaully would want to play.

I would love for them to go with hand drawn sprites but the KOF franchise shows that really high qaulity hand drawn spites take alot of time and money and I dont want this game to face those problems it did. As for characters I can already tell there going to take a few out since some of these characters are no longer popular like they were in the 90's like Cable and Gambit. As for character like Blackheart and Marrow I dont think they have been in used since the 90's. I just pray Psylocke wont be cut nor Strider I loved both of those characters.

14. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

So Capcom's "Captivate" event is upon us. But Marvel's online Editor apparently showed up for it in Honolulu. (Later he added: this...)

Jeff Gerstmann is also at the event and said this (For those that don't know, "Pringles" is an infamous meme that originated from MvC2)

I'm not saying they're linked... But...

Either way, it's under embargo until next week.

#14 Desensitized, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  15. Dub C

Dub C Just a animation lovin' dude

I've heard about this. Even thought this is apparently the guy that leaked the SSF4 stuff, I'm not going to dive all the way into the pool just yet...though I am hopeful.

Though I will say this much. I don't want a copy & paste job of MvC2 with more characters like I've seen people across the net suggest. This should be a rebirth of the series, which means going with new sprites/models. Besides, the Marvel universe has changed so much in since the mid-late 90s, it would be quite silly to retain the characters portryals from that era. (Y'know, the voice designs & voices of the 90s X-Men cartoon & whatnot)

16. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Well, looking at the roster for MvC2 (I think everyone from 1 will make it in regardless) I find it hard to see who would be dropped. The Capcom side specifically has a lat of fan service characters that help give the games the charm they have and the Marvel side is pretty apt (maybe not visually...) outside of Marrow and Silver Samurai.

While I can think of many characters they could add (Thor, Deadpool, Maximo, The Hood, Gene, swapping the old Sentinel model for the new one...), choosing characters to remove is much more difficult.

17. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

And while we're at it, add a Fantastic Four character besides Dr. Doom. They're the first big success for Marvel and it feels off that they don't have any love. I really want the Thing but there's enough big characters in the game.

18. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind Active Member

Sue Richards comes to mind first. Graphically, some of her powers lend themselves well to pretty crystal effects, instead of being lazy and saying she's invisible. She could pull off some gorgeous combos. But I do see the inevitable temporary stealth evasion where she disappears completely off-screen for a few seconds.

Johnny would be my second choice because he seems like a good limit breaker if they take advantage of his Super Nova ability.

I wouldn't like to play as Reed, but his powers could strike a weird balance between wacky and intuitive combos. He'd be unique to the game, in that his powers are silly but he still has a serious personality.

19. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

Think they could throw Dr. Strange in this? I bet he'd be Magneto-broken. :sweat:

20. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.