1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel:Ultimate Alliance

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Ultra8, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

I believe 4/10

2. LazyReaper

LazyReaper I'm weird. You wanna doubt it?

3. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Playable Hulk and Moon Knight at the start of the game, not an annoying download.

More interesting comic book sims. Not just facing a hero against a random villian.

Galactus to play a role in the sequel, since it was foreshadowed in the first game.

More unlockable heroes, villians, bonuses, all that usual stuff.

That's all I have so far.

4. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

So... umm... the patch isn't available (Although, I did hear it was available and broke the game). Let alone, the new character trailer's not downloadable anymore.

5. LazyReaper

They took the new character trailer out, but then they put it back in.

The new character packs are still not released, which really sucks because I specifically set Tuesday evening aside to download them and replay the game on 360. Hopefully the packs aren't cancelled and they aren't going to be delayed any longer than this weekend.

-Aximlli-

6. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

New Characters are up

After a 2 week delay, the new character packs are up.

Two things to note:

1. Hard has been relocked, so you have to play the game again from Normal to unlock it.

2. It basically resets all the game when you start a new story, so all your characters are back at level 1.

7. LazyReaper

I don't really have a problem with replaying the entire game over from the beginning, since I rebought the game especially for 360, so I'd have had to do that anyway.

I got the new characters yesterday, but I didn't get enough time to try them all out since I had to rush out to school.

So far Hulk is my absolute favourite. He's a beast, and is already killing everyone with 1-hit K.Os at level 2.

Nightcrawler is pretty awesome also, and I'm loving his teleporting graphics. I can't wait for his sword attacks to be unlocked.

Cyclops is the same I expected him to be from X-Men Legends. Though again, the graphics for his optic beam are way more cooler

Hawkeye has been a disapointment to me so far, because I was expecting so much. His arrow attacks seem incredibly slow, and take atleast a couple of seconds to fire just one shot. I was expecting his attacks to be rapid-tapped.

I gave even less time to the characters in the villan pack, and I only got to try out the main attacks for Venom, Dr. Doom, and Magneto. Screw Sabertooth, I'm not wasting my time on him.

All of these characters are pretty low right now, and I've only really had the chance to try one or two of their powers, so I guess I won't fully know how they all measure up once they've leveled up higher later in the game.

-Aximlli-