1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel:Ultimate Alliance

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Ultra8, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Batboy

Batboy Member

Hello :)

I'm stuck on the

Please, can someone help me out? All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks/Alex

#121 Batboy, Nov 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2006
  2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Sure. :)

3. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Does anyone know all the different endings based on the optional missions. The only ones i didnt complete were save Nightcrawler and save Lilandra, but it'd be nice to hear what the alternate endings are.

4. Tempest

Tempest Member

Moon Knight and Colossus??

I keep reading in hint books and cheat codes that Moon Knight and Colossus are in the game. Is there a specific system they're related to? Are they exclusive to PS3 or XBOX 360?

#124 Tempest, Nov 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  5. ManicWebb

ManicWebb You were cold as ice...

Colossus and Moonknight are only on the PS3, Wii, and 360.

6. Tempest

Tempest Member

Oh okay, thanks man. I guess I'll have to spend 300 clams to use Moon Knight. Anyone else they have the other older systems don't?

7. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

Sorry for bringing this up, but...

I decided to dust off this game and play it again on hard. Beat in 4 days. I didn't do a team the last time but this time I got one started. All my guys are now around the 50's. Got Daredevil and Black Panther unlocked. I did all of the side missions, making an all great ending. Got my achievements up to 755, with only the arcade ones, Silver Surfer and the last off the cliff one. All in all, I'm one satisfied guy.

I've heard that they are gonna have new downloadable content later this Spring: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/02/26/new-content-coming-for-marvel-ultimate-alliance/

8. Stu

Do you get anything cool if you do all the missions? I can't complete the Spider-Man and Mr. Fantastic missions for the life of me. Dum Dum Doogan keeps getting killed by The Scorpion!

9. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

There is an achievement if you finish all the comic missions with a gold rating

10. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

On the Xbox version you had to complete all of the comic missions with at least a bronze medal to unlock the Silver Surfer. Although there is a button code for this if you don't want the hassle.

11. LazyReaper

LazyReaper I'm weird. You wanna doubt it?

I have to say that the biggest downside to this game is that practically no one is ever on this on Xbox Live. That, and there's no multiplayer beat 'em up.

12. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

New Characters, Achievements and plot points

Hope you guys who have the 360 version still have your copy of the game

We're getting 8 new characters this month in the form of 3 downloadable packs: Hero Pack featuring Cyclops, Hawkeye, Hulk and Night Crawler, the villains Pack featuring Dr. Doom, Magneto, Sabre Tooth and venom and the bundle pack. The packs seperately are 500 MS points each, while the bundle is 800. Not only that but new Achievements, new animations, and new plot points are unlocked when you use them. The new achievements are:

Gamma Garb
    Unlocked all the outfits for the Hulk.

Archer Apparel
    Unlocked all the outfits for Hawkeye.

Optic Outfits
    Unlocked all the outfits for Cyclops.

Teleport Threads
    Unlocked all the outfits for Nightcrawler

Doom's Duds
    Unlocked all the outfits for Doom.

Magnetic Regalia
    Unlocked all the outfits for Magneto.

Symbiote Skins
    Unlocked all the outfits for Venom.

Creed's Cloth

Unlocked all the outfits for Sabretooth.

Mutant Love
    Cyclops has spoken with Jean.

Doppelgänger
    Doom has spoken with himself.

Wrong Claws
    Sabretooth has been mistaken for Wolverine.

Fleeting Allies

Magneto has spoken to Xavier.

A total of 250 achievement points added. Excelsior!!

13. LazyReaper

I wish they had released these new characters for the regular xbox version. Now I'll have to trade it in for the 360 version.

I'm really looking forward to Hulk, Hawkeye, Nightcrawler, Doom, and Venom. Cyclops and Magneto are a waste imo since they're probably just going to be copies from the X-Men Legend series, but it's better than nothing I guess.

I'll probably get the bundle since I want characters from both. I'm still hoping they'll add a multiplayer versus arena or something like that in the future because this game needs it badly to add some more replayability value.

-Aximlli-

14. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Active Member

Yeah....wtf. I'm STILL annoyed about the 360 version having new characters. I had (and still have) no intention of buying a Microsoft system. So now I just have to hope beyond all hope that Sony makes a smart decision for once and gets these characters for the PS3 version. I'm at least willing to buy the game again for that, though I am annoyed I'd have to play the entire thing over again. *sigh* Oh well. Still...Cyclops and Hawkeye are two of my favorite characters...

15. Stu

Most of those are likely just going to be ports from the X-Men games and the PSP version. Still, I would've liked to play as Hulk and Venom.

Has there been any news on a sequel for this game yet?

16. Frank Castle

Frank Castle Sic vis pacem, para bellum

No sequel has been officially announced yet. Last time I heard anything, Raven was on the fence about making XML3 or MUA2.

17. Stu

I hope they make Ultimate Alliance 2 instead. I love The X-Men, but I enjoyed UA so much more than the previous two games. Given that I only played as a handful of X-Men in those games anyway, I'd be more than happy for them to just make a few more X-Men characters playable.

What do you think they could do for the sequel? Who would you like to see included?

18. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would definetly like to be more in the action. Im sick of the Diablo camera angles, that worked a decade ago but cmon, this is ridiculous now.

19. Frank Castle

Frank Castle Sic vis pacem, para bellum

I really want them to put The Punisher in there. THQ still has the license and they haven't done anything with it for 2 years now. I really hope those rights expire so if Raven does indeed make MUA2, Punisher will be on the roster.

20. LazyReaper

I'd like them to do a sequel to Ultimate Alliance, with an entirely new storyline bringing all the characters together again. I think they can make more money out of all the popular Marvel characters rather than doing another X-Men and narrowing down the character list to just mutants again.

Also, story wise, I think they covered a whole lot of X-Men history in the first two games, that it'd be harder to come up with something much more grander for the third one. I guess they could still do a dark pheonix or the mutant cure storyline if they wanted to, but they're better off with Ultimate Alliance and make up something entirely new instead.

BTW, does anyone know when the 8 new characters are going to be released? The date may have been posted already, but I don't see it.

-Aximlli-