1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel:Ultimate Alliance

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Ultra8, Apr 20, 2006.

1. ManicWebb

ManicWebb You were cold as ice...

Winter Solider is...

It took me a couple of attempts, but I found out how to beat Winter Solider. You have to activate all four blinking consoles in the room to reset the timer to 1 minute. Beat up Winter Soldier until the timer goes back down to about 20-40 seconds. Run to each console again to reset the timer to 1 minute. Continue to beat Winter Soldier. Lather, rinse, repeat until Winter Soldier is defeated. He'll then drop a card. Pick it up, and use it on the console highlighted on your map.

It's horribly tedious, and causes the fight to take forever. That was the first and last training disc I attempted. I'm not putting up with that kind of crap with every character.

2. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Active Member

What level were you? And, I think they're supposed to be hard however we have to keep in mind that the first time you face these bosses (most of them, at least) you have FOUR characters. Three AI to help you and to switch to if the character you're using dies. That makes the fight considerably easier. Any boss you face in the comic missions you have to do alone, which is going to give you a much larger headache. I'm going to beat them all, but I'm going to max my characters out first. :D

3. Icer

Icer Active Member

Just finished my first playthrough, was alot of fun.

Ending/Alternate Ending spoiler

4. Sage Shinigami

Just want to say, thanks for that tip. I just solo'ed Winter Soldier! :D That was all kinds of fun, but I hope Wolverine's mission isn't as lame when I get to the boss battle. (Incidentally...WHERE'S SABERTOOTH?! If Wolvie's here he's got to be somewhere around.)

5. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

They don`t have to put in all the x-men, just the ones that are populare or well know. I guess it could used more females char in the games but if I had to choose between gambit or elektra I`ll pick gambit.

As for the elektra movie???? Well...JG looks good in red.:anime:

6. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

This is a very good game. I've got the Xbox version because I can't afford the newer systems so the graphics are kinda so-so, but I'm still pretty happy with it. My main gripe is that it is a little less tactical and maybe even less customizable than X-Men Legends II. They did away with the health potions, so the bosses are a little easier because they spew out health power ups every so many hits. There's also no gear to buy and less to pick up, and you can't customize as many attributes.

Oh, the comic missions I've seen so far just recycle stages and enemies, so even though they are fun they could be better and more unique. And the characters are sorta poorly written in some instances. Spidey and Wolverine are more or less raging jerks and Captain America is sorta a "Yes, sir!" good soldier type instead of a leader. Spidey is too sarcastic about Stark, for example. Wolverine was a jerk to Captain American, which is consistent with his Ultimate characterization but not his 616.

Some of the voices, like Spider-Woman's, Wolverine and Doom's, are excellent. Some like Captain A's and Luke Cage's are way off. Luke Cage is a smart guy, but he almost sounds like Mr. T at some points. Others like Fury and Black Widow are kinda in-between.

But my only real gripe is ditching the health and energy potions. It's still an excellent romp through the Marvel Universe and I can't wait to get off work to go play it.

7. ManicWebb

Don't even get me started on the voice acting. Ah, what the hell...

The NPCs have the most annoying voices on Earth. Everyone is trying too hard to be an archetype, and not hard enough to sound like an actual human being. It didn't really hit me until I talked to Clea, who sounds like a generic, sly, evil witch in some amateur production of Wizard of Oz. Why does she sound so cartoonishly evil?

8. Stuckey

Stuckey Shutter Buggin'

I probably won't play it much (if at all) again for a couple weeks because of work and visiting family, but I'm loving it so far. I kinda regret cheating to unlock all the characters because now I'm scared to use them for fear of being in a level playing with
    and then having my team save him. I may just start over, but keep the costume cheat on.

Oh and last night I was using the FF in
    level and something weird happened. Reed died and I was controlling Thing when all of a sudden I realized that Torch was still alive but I couldn't find him anywhere or switch to him. That's the second glitch in the game in as many days. I'm not real thrilled with that.

9. ManicWebb

That happened to me. Nothing too weird happened, other than me losing track of which Dr. Strange I was controlling.

Trust me, it's much better to unlock all of your characters at the beginning with that dandy little cheat code. The default auto-leveling makes waiting to properly unlock the character terrible. You'll end up with a character whose points are evenly divided amongst attacks you'll never need/use.

10. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I think you can actually redistribute the points, so this shouldn't be a problem.

11. Sage Shinigami

I've got the PS2 version so the graphics aren't the best but they're pretty good. Still, I can't help but be curious as to what they look like on the 360 or even the PS3.

Health potions? Argh. This works better for an action-RPG, I think.

I don't think that hurts it (I've got enough skills to buy, thanks) as much as the fact that you can only wear/equip one at a time.

So very true.

Spidey's always sarcastic. I find his characterization perfect. Wolverine's a jerk all the time, though I guess he should show a bit more respect to the Cap.

I hate Wolverine's voice, as well as Widow's. The VA is trying too hard to sound Russian. Spider-Woman's...I guess it works since she's SUPPOSED to sound seductive.

I don't know. As I play this game it feels like they left out a lot because they want us to buy a sequel, whenever it comes out. The lack of playable mutants, the small number of alt. skins (I think they should have anywhere from 2-12, depending on the character. For characters like Iron Man, who's suits change by the decade, 4 is just pathetic, but for characters like Silver Surfer...why do you need more than one?), the fact that the "comic missions" are really just solo missions set in locales you've already been through instead of REAL comic missions....all of this stuff feels like they just made this game so we'd be enticed enough to buy M:UA2, whenever it comes out. For that alone, I knock off 3 points. Other than that though, I cannot seem to put this game down, and it was definitely worth every dime so I give it an 8. (Would've given it an 11/10. :anime:)

12. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Can someone help me out please? I'm stuck on one of the boss battles. Spoilers for those not wanting to know if you've not yet managed to finish the game.

13. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

14. The Overlord

The Overlord Active Member

15. Stuckey

Stuckey Shutter Buggin'

Well, the Mephisto battle looks to be the end of the road for me.

16. ManicWebb

Time to return the rental, everyone keeps dying, or just lost interest?

17. Stuckey

Stuckey Shutter Buggin'

I've only tried it once, but I'm not sure I can deal with it. I broke all the Jean statues and to get his health down to half but after that he never got any lower and no matter how much we pounded on Jean she only got down to about half health, too. I'll probably go back eventually, but right now I'd rather just play Madden on baseball.

18. Ultra8

Ultra8 Now all I/You can do

I haven't played the game yet, but I was wondering if it's possible to make a team with 2 of the same character(like Classic Thor & Beta Ray Bill on the same team)?

19. Damien

Damien Watching

I'm stuck in the later parts of Asgard, although I can't remember where, because I've been pretty busy the last few days, which sucks because I'm addicted to this game.

Really great so far. My only gripes would be not being able to play as villains (sure, we all love Doom, but when do we get to BBBBEE Doom?), no Punisher (although I can see why he wouldn't fit into this game, but then again neither does Blade), and the fact that I can't create an X-Men team on Ps2 or play as MoonKnight.

20. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

No, you can't, sorry.

Still haven't unlocked Daredevil, but I'm on the Shi'ar ship now. I've been switching who I play with a lot, still haven't tried out the likes of Ghost Rider and Dr. Strange yet though.

I've got a boatload of new costumes though. All of Cap's, Iron Man's, The Thing's and so on. The Iron Spider suit still elludes me, but I really don't give a crap. :p