1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel:Ultimate Alliance

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Ultra8, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Ultra8

Ultra8 Now all I/You can do

Just read about it in May's issue of Game Informer.
    A new game from Activision and Raven due out Winter 06 for the PS2, PS3, XB, 360,PSP, & PC(alas no love for the GC:( ).
    The game will be similar to X-men:Legends, but have access to all of the Marvel U.
    -20+ playable characters out of the 140(at current count) characters that they fit into the game.
    -1-4 players
    -Flashback missions
    -Create a superhero team: choose the heroes, the name, the logo. Or play as one of the classic teams.

The playable characters they showed were:
    Cap.America(a mix of the ultimates/classic costume), Thor, Spider-man, Wolverine, Dr.Strange, Ghost Rider, Elektra, Silver Surfer(at least for the Skrull Throneworld/Galactus level).
    The story is by C.B. Cebulski & Raven's writers. Dr.Doom recruites an army of villians to steal artifacts from all across earth and the universe for use in a plan that we allow him to steal the power of Odin. The Watcher involes himself in order to stop an incoming catastrophe by warning Earth's heroes.

This game sounds like it will be fan boy's dream come true.:D

2. Gillespee

Gillespee Member

Honestly, if you putting it out across that many systems, why NOT put one out for the GCN ?

3. Ultra8

That's what I'd like to know. The only thing the article mentioned about Nintendo was that the game "might" be on the Rev.
    "(a far less certain but still exciting possibility.)"

4. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Howdy,

Mirroring this thread on the Video Games forum, since it seems to be of interest to both groups and I didn't see one over there.

As for "why no Game Cube" version, I think it's a combination of a much lower base audience than PS2 or X-Box, lower capacity of the media (if I remember right, GC media holds half or less than the PS2 or XBox DVDs), and a general lack of good cross-platform tools that stretch across all 3 platforms. I'm sure the Video Gamers will be able to at least correct the technical aspects of this response.

Sucks, I know, but my non-console gaming platform is a Mac, so I know exactly how you feel. After a while, though, you really can't argue with numbers.

-- Ed/Ace

5. Captain Harlock

Captain Harlock FOXHOUND revolutionary.

Since it's Activison and Raven, I assume it's going to use the same (or even updated) version of the X-Men Legends Engine? That doesn't constitute a bad thing, now that they expanded the universe to all Marvel. However, I really kind of want a zoomed in version of the fighting. X-Men Legends just seemed like a glorified Diablo. Instead of an isometric/top-down view, I want a ground level of control.

6. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Since Activision is doing it, I would expect Iron Man to be added to the list too, and possibly some of the Fantastic Four. Are there any picture available yet?

7. Jay

Jay The Greatest American Hero

Cant wait for this one.

8. Stu

Scans of the magazine article, featuring pictures.

This game looks awesome!

9. Xurk

Xurk Active Member

Wow, this is looking / sounding good! :)

But is the game supposed to be some kind of RPG? Because the camera angles are making it look kind of WoW-ish.

10. Stu

It sounds like it'll play a lot like the previous X-Men Legends games, which were a mixture of RPG and action.

So who does everyone want to see? I'm hoping Daredevil makes it into the game personally. I'm anxious to see if Iron Man pops up too...

11. DarkHawk

DarkHawk Give Deadpool a SOLO ongoing!

Hoping for Moonknight and Deadpool!!! Deadpool might be in since he was in Xmen Legends 2

12. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

:sigh: I feel so pained. Why won't they ever make any comic-book games for Nintendo stuff? The best I can say is that I hope this does well, and that I'll thank them if it does come to the Revolution. (Which, BTW, it won't.)

I still remember when they were simply calling it "Marvel Legends"...

~s7

13. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

Dude, there are marvel games for the GC. In fact evrey marvel game made by act is on the GC including X-men 3 the movie game. Which is why it`s so dissapointing that this game is not showing up on the GC? I hope activision is not turning their back on N like the other 3rd parties?:sad:

14. Kevin the Geek

Kevin the Geek Golem fan

This game sounds very interesting. I may rent it for PS2 sometime when it's released, and if I like it, I may buy it sometime when it's dropped down to $20.

15. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

Yeah, but I don't have the GCN. All I have is a DS, a GBA and I'm getting a Rev. Which means no Marvel for too long & no Marvel Legends at all. So, yeah. It sucks.

~s7

16. Sigma

Sigma Simply Phenomenal

The Gamecube doesn't sell multiplatform third party games very well unless they have a gimmick, i.e. Soul Calibur 2. I own all of the current consoles and if a game is multiplatform I will buy it on the console with the best features, graphics, controls, etc. In the case of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance I will pick it up for the 360, due to online play via Xbox Live, sharper visuals, and, the achievements. The Cube kinda dug it's own grave with the no online, X-Men Legends 2 sold very poorly on the Cube and that is probably a big contributing factor on why Ultimate Alliance is not going to be comming to Gamecube.

17. Ultra8

I'm most interested in the create your own team part. Though I got to wonder about the pre-made classic teams. Other than the FF or the ol' Defenders that leaves the Avengers and the X-men which both have huge member counts and variations over the years. When you think about it they are really going to have to take advantage of the "+" of that 20+ for this game.

18. Captain Harlock

Captain Harlock FOXHOUND revolutionary.

I don't know if you've played X-Men Legends 2, but there was certain bonuses you would get if you set up a certain party of 4.

For example: Special Ops - Bishop, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Gambit.

I hope they impliment this into Ultimate Alliance. Creating the Avengers gives you such and such of a bonus, having the Fantastic Four gives you something. In talking about team building, it'd be great to see.

19. Ultra8

20. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

spiderman 3 is coming out for the...wii.:anime: