1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Super Hero Adventures

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Frontier, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think anyone in here is a recognizable VA, honestly, which is kind of surprising given how consistent Marvel has been in re-using the cartoon voices o_O.

2. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It seems like the consistent voice cast will only be for those not related to Spiderman and the characters in his mythos. I mean, the current Spiderman cartoon doesn't use any actors from previous Spider-Man cartoons reprising their Spider-Man character roles (Travis Willingham as Sandman is a reprisal from a video game, not a tv show), while the reprisals we have so far (Mick Wingert, Jim Cummings, and Fred Tatasciore as Iron Man, Ghost, and Hulk) are non-Spiderman related characters. This series could be one of those exceptions though.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel usually has whoever the current VA's reprise the role in other animated works, so I'm surprised that doesn't seem to be the case here.

4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The first two shorts are now online:

Marvel Super Hero Adventures S1, Ep1 - One Big Mess

Marvel Super Hero Adventures S1 Ep2 - Uh Oh, It's Magic!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought those were both pretty cute :).

The animation is obviously pretty cartoony and kiddy, though it was also a little more consistent and colorful then the animation for the main Marvel cartoons, and a step-up from Super Hero Squad's look in my opinion ;).

It doesn't seem like they brought back any of the cartoon VA's for this, so we got soundalikes instead, which is kind of weird o_O.

The framing device of normal-animated Spider-Man recounting to the audience some life lessons he learned while teaming-up with another Marvel hero is...interesting. Though it also gives me bad Ultimate Spider-Man flashbacks with the fourth-wall breaking :sweat:.

6. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

The fact the first two villains are from the movies makes me happy as it's a good sign to a Baron Zemo appearance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hopefully Zemo's lack of a costume in the MCU won't hurt his chances :ack:.

• Agree Agree x 1