1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel on Netflix" General News & Discussion, Part Three (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Rick Jones, Mar 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9/14: No, not yet. The popular theory is November They'll probably say at NYCC.

EDIT: Punisher will "comment on a lot of things that are going on, not the least of which is the plight of America’s servicemen. We have great respect for them and we see how challenging it is for some of them when they come home and what their lives are like. We show different ways that their lives are affected, but always have an eye towards being able to say, ‘thank you for your service’." according to Loeb. Also some bits on Madani and Stein and designing the Manhattan DHS office.

9/15: Turk Barrett will appear in The Punisher. I think he's appeared in as many series as Claire. Punisher promo photos released. Bernthal confirms Punisher is up against it all when asked there's a major villain, a cabal of conspirators or his internal struggles. The season will get darker and more visceral as it goes on. Bernthal also comments on Frank and Micro.

Jessica Jones season 2 has wrapped.

9/17: Battle Van will appear in Punisher.

9/18: A Punisher promo "Surprise" depicts Frank hunting down a group of soldiers one by one then facing one helmet cam stating "I'm coming for you."

Writer Steven Lightfoot talks about making Frank relatable to the audience.

9/19: Liz Cappuccino, who played the teenaged Jessica in Season 1, appears to be recording for her scenes in Season 2.

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Punisher Trailer

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

3. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Just watched the trailer. Hope the wife getting shot in Frank's home is some sort of post traumatic nightmare, not the actual way she dies. I always wanted to see a on-screen depiction of the classic "walk in the park" from the comics, as the way Frank's family died. They got caught in the middle of a fight between two crime gangs, while walking through the park for a family picnic. Thus, Frank has his war on crime.

The problem with the movies (both the 1987 and the 2004 versions) is that Frank's family is specifically targeted for elimination. But that makes Frank specifically against one criminal, it's kind of hard to transfer that focus over to a war on ALL criminals.

The use of the CIA (with Frank appearing to be fighting soldiers) makes me wonder if they're borrowing plot elements from the Garth Ennis run on the Punisher books (called "Punisher MAX"). That would make for a fitting adaptation.

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I've seen some speculation that the scene with the wife might be a dream, partly due to Frank giving the details of his family dying in the park in Daredevil S2. I can't remember all of those details from the season myself but I hope nothing in this show would contradict what was already established. Seeing a soldier kill his wife does feel off though since I don't remember Frank knowing about any military involvement in the drug game until the second half of the season, after he went through the Irish mobsters.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Just watched it, and yeah that has to be some kinda dream.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice transition from Frank's guitar strum to Metallica.

That video was titled Zubair, a town in Iraq, so another place in the Middle East factors into things. Interesting all these agencies are coming down on Frank - CIA, FBI, DHS - and whatever role Anvil will play.

There should be no doubts about a high body count in this one.

7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

After a full day of playing this when I could, I can't think of the last time a trailer got me excited like this. Maybe the Stranger Things SDCC trailer. Maybe. This song felt like a perfect choice and all of the editing was great to sync up with it. I'm really hoping for something close to the level of Daredevil S1 now. Netflix really does pick some great songs to use in their trailers.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9/20: Finn Jones spotted training for Iron Fist season 2.

9/21: Punisher Twitter released a couple stills.

9/22: Total Film reported Punisher's release date as October 13. Supposedly Netflix Korea tweeted it, too, but deleted it. Imo, I think I saw November 10 at the end of the trailer but that's more like cuckoo eyes from repeatedly watching an awesome trailer over and over.

9/25: Another Twitter promo for Punisher posted.

9/27: Punisher Twitter posts a poster of Karen with the skull icon, using Daily Bulletin newspapers, over her face.

9/28: Yesterday's tweet is making some sense now. The NY Bulletin viral site is active again for the Punisher. The Daredevil Facebook page posted a photo today congratulating Karen Page for her hard work.The photo had a keyboard, a monitor with The New York Bulletin pulled up, and a pad with a login and password. The login and password would be entered on the NYB site. You are then taken to Karen's personal profile page, which have photo and folders labeled "Research," "Trial," and "Evidence".

The "Research" folder has a photo of Frank Castle's family. The "Trial" folder has information about Frank's brain injury from the 'Massacre at Central Park'. The "Evidence" folder has photos of the aftermath of the massacre and some legit proof that District Attorney Samantha Reyes covered the whole event up.

9. the greenman

Kinda interesting to see them using Karen for Punisher in a pivotal role. I figured she'd be in one or two episodes. I know Frank really shouldn't have a love interest, but I would rather him hook up with someone as messed up as him. I think O'Brien.[​IMG]

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

10/5: Zavvi now has Luke Cage season 1 for pre-order. It releases on November 27. As always, only the Steelbook is Region Free.

Following the tragedy in Las Vegas, the Punisher NYCC panel has been canceled.

Perhaps it has to do with Misty's prosthetic arm. It's been pointed out that one of the attending physicians for her in Defenders becomes

10/5: Punisher's release will be delayed from mid-October to late fall.

• Like Like x 1
  13. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

14. the greenman

What does that have to do with IF appearing in Cage?

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator