1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel on Netflix" General News & Discussion, Part Three (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Rick Jones, Mar 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised I've gotten pretty bored by how these shows aren't raking any risks and how rushed they feel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Loeb mentioned not to expect Punisher to team up with anyone soon and currently a Defenders season 2 is undecided.

3. CartoonFan89

CartoonFan89 New Member

Mixed is a choice word. I think people just wanted them to join up in the first episode, which is silly. The Avengers didnt group up till the final 40 minutes of the film. Why should they group up in the first episode or two?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Frank has a soft spot in his heart for Frank Karen and two bond over having dark histories.

Set photos from Jessica Jones s2 has Trish Walker fending off muggers attacking Malcolm.

#464 Yojimbo, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

That's... concerning after Iron Fist's reception. That being said, I thought Iron Fist was better than most reviewers were saying. I found Iron Fist received lower scores than it should've because the previous shows were so well-received that the bar for success was very high. Hopefully the Defenders will be better than they think. This is their Avengers moment after all.
    Frank has a soft spot for Karen, you mean? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

7/26: Foggy and Matt's friendship will still be fractured in Defenders but he starts to realize Daredevil is needed.

7/27: There will be a connection between Runaways and the Netflix shows.

After DDS2, Matt reevaluated his life and focused on being a pro bono lawyer and no longer DD but y'know...

7/28: Colter and Jones on Cage and Fist again.

Ramirez comments on Alexandra
    Loeb confirmed Buck was busy with Inhumans when Iron Fist was renewed, hence the new showrunner. They liked Raven's idea and the rest is history.

7/29: Confirmation of a military component in Punisher. Well yeah.

Cast drops more hints about Alexandra.

7/31: At SDCC, Ramirez confirmed the fight choreography will continue to characterize the cast. The cast talks about the fight choreography and having to act with each other as opposed to their solo series.

Elodie Yung confirmed Elektra comes back as a new person and describes her as like a zombie and amnesiac.

Henwick teases a scene with the 'whole cast' in one room.

At a SDCC roundtable, Weaver compared Alexandra to present day businesspeople. "I don’t think businesspeople, especially on her scale, care about these niceties of things"

J.R. Ramirez joined the Jessica Jones season 2 cast as the new superintendent, Oscar, in Jones' apartment. Oscar is a single dad who keeps his distance from Jones but his son is enamored with her and her powers.

7. Magmaster12

Can't be hard to top the first season.

8. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I assume you're kidding. For me that was one of the worst 1st seasons I've seen from Marvel Netflix. I haven't seen J.J., but for IF S1; ugh.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

9. Magmaster12

Don't even get me started, I hated it so much I can't even watch the other Marvel Netflix shows now.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/1: Promo stills and poster for Defenders.

Also, blu-ray.com's German site has Luke Cage season 1 releasing on November 23. In the past, they had Daredevil season 2 as May 18 and the Zavvi UK release was May 15 so it looks like Cage will be November 20 for Zavvi.

8/2: 50 stills of Defenders released.

8/6: Defenders is 80% fresh on RT.

8/8: So far the Netflix shows will remain with Netflix on the heels of Disney's announcement of its own digital platform. But it's being considered along with Lucasfilm content (The deal to stream the Marvel movies concludes in 2018).

Ben Barnes interview about the Punisher. He teases a theme of it will be about men suffering trauma and tragedy.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Thanks for the info. This whole thing has been concerning for Marvel's Netflix content. I don't want Netflix and this Disney service too. I only got Netflix because of the Marvel shows but there are other shows I watch on Netflix now that I wouldn't want to give up like Voltron: Legendary Defender. I do feel bad that Disney movies will be removed for big fans of those properties.

If Marvel and Lucasfilm content is moved to this new service, it will feel like Disney taking over the MCU movies from Paramount (and Universal) all over again. With this new announcement and DC's own streaming service, I'm not sure want the future holds for viewing what I want to watch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I really hope that Marvel doesn't remove their shows from Netflix; they're literally the reason I got the streaming service.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Magmaster12

If defenders fails to impressI'm going to unsubscribe until the next season of Voltron comes out.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/11: Netflix posted another Defenders poster to mark under a one week to go.

8/12: Foggy offers the services of Hogarth, Chao and Benowitz to Luke Cage in a new clip.

8/13: Matt Murdock and Jessica Jones don't like each other since they're similar people. Character arcs from solo shows then team up <cough>Netflix bloat<cough>. Events of Defenders will affect them as they go on to the next season of their solo shows.

Defenders clip - Misty and Colleen meet.

Final Defenders Trailer

8/14: Bernthal reveals he did fight the urge to make Punisher too heroic and he stayed true to the character.

A Defenders clip of Alexandra and Stick. Seems they're 'old friends'.

CBR's review
    of the first 4 episodes.

Defenders featurette posted.

Killgrave is back in some capacity in Jessica Jones season 2. Production expected to continue to September.

8/15: Defenders clip - Jessica and Trish discuss the Hand after being targeted.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I loved Tennant as Killgrave, but I hope it's only in flashbacks or nightmare sequences. His death was great.

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/16: It's been reported, production on Daredevil Season 3 will start in October.

More set photos from Jessica Jones Season 2 seem to hint at how Kilgrave appears.

8/17: Defenders is 78% certified fresh on RT. Ramirez does a comparison with Avengers.

Last trailer released

Colter talks about Luke's relationships being addressed in Defenders.

8/18: A teaser for the Punisher has been released.

8/20: Ritter teases if Jessica Jones season one was 'in her head', then season 2 is 'in her heart' and focuses on what makes Jessica who she is.

8/21: Cox comments on the Defenders season finale and what may lead to Daredevil season 3.

Clarkson interview on Defenders.

First look of Frank suited up as the Punisher.

8/22: Ramirez on a certain character's death in Defenders.

Finn Jones starts training for IF season two next week with filming to start in 4-5 months.

8/23: Punisher character Rawlins teased.

Daredevil season 3 tentatively set to film October 15 to June 30.

8/25: Shohreh Aghdashloo joins The Punisher cast as Farah Madani, the mother of Dinah Madani and an Iranian who spent most of her life in the United States, where she built a successful psychiatry practice.

8/27: It's been reported that at Asia Pop Comic-Con's Marvel Cinematic Universe presentation, Marvel’s Senior Vice President of Creator and Content Development, CB Cebulski hinted another Marvel hero may be showing up in The Punisher Season 1.

• Like Like x 1
  17. the greenman

Punisher episode titles:

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

19. the greenman

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/29: ^^Nice! The obvious choice would be Rand Enterprises or Asano Robotics, both within the realm of the Netflix shows. In the greater MCU, Stark Industries are a given. As in the comics. Hmm, maybe Pym Tech. AOS introduced a few contenders like Cybertek (but their status is in flux with legal proceedings) or Transia Corp.

A reported casting call for Daredevil season 3, a "Steve" that sounds like Sin Eater
    8/31: Comanche returns in Luke Cage season 2 as part of Shades' crew.

9/4: New Punisher still of a flashback and a cryptic post on instagram of a surveillance video.

NYCC panel on October 07, 2017, 5:15 PM - 6:15 PM
    The Theater at Madison Square Garden
    Join Jon Bernthal and the cast of Netflix's hotly-anticipated original series, Marvel's The Punisher, for a must-see panel and exclusive first look at the upcoming season, launching globally on the streaming service later this year. From executive producer and showrunner Steve Lightfoot, and executive producers Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory, Marvel's The Punisher follows Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal), a man who, after exacting revenge on those responsible for the death of his wife and children, uncovers a conspiracy that runs far deeper than New York’s criminal underworld. Jeph will moderate the can't-miss Q&A. Visit the NYCC online program for more details.

9/8: Punisher instagram posted more security video footage, this time from Frank's past life. His wife is seen in one still. EMPIRE article has a first look at Micro.

9/10: A collection of the Punisher instagram posts. Th latest one appears to be a police manhunt for Frank.

9/12: New synopsis for The Punisher
    More stills for The Punisher. And a new 15 second teaser.

9/14: Bernthal hints Punisher is indeed going back to a grounded approach; no mystical elements, no Hand, etc.

Info on Micro released, he's an ex-NSA analyst that faked his death to protect his family and secretly lives in a basement on Roosevelt Island. Micro reaches out to Frank because he thinks they have a common enemy. Frank and Micro meet for the first time and things go sideways. Eventually they make amends...

21. the greenman

Did they ever give us a date for Punisher? I suspect Dec, but I'm very curious how it will pan out for most Studios releasing 3 projects a year.