1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel launches new anthology aimed at young girls

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by RoryWilliams, Mar 23, 2015.

1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This does sound pretty cool, and it's great that Marvel is branching out to draw in new, younger/female readers :).

I'd take issue with how there might not be any female X-Men highlighted in this anthology until I realize that there's only one female-lead solo among the X-books with Storm. Well, there is the female-dominated X-Men book, but I don't see them using that :sweat:.

If the cover is indicative of which characters/stories they're using, then Captain and Ms. Marvel are both pretty good choices. The current Thor...well, I think it's female friendly to a certain point but I wouldn't call it kid-friendly or a perfect jumping on point without having read the previous run. At least compared to the other two :ack:.

3. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I hope the push is to sell these in other avenues besides the traditional comic book stories, otherwise, they're not going to make it to their target audience...