1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel Future Avengers" Anime Series News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by River26, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh. So we have the director and animation studio of the Iron Man anime, but some of the writing staff from Disk Wars.

This sounds good to me; basically, keep the fun tone of the latter while incorporating the better animation from the former.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

It's still so weird to me that with the popularity of anime here, we never got Disk Wars. Especially considering an English dub was produced. You figure it would've landed somewhere at some point. Even if it wasn't on Disney XD.

If toy rights really prevented Disk Wars from showing in the US, that's really a shame. Disk Wars did have some cool looking toys actually.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It does feels kind of odd to see Disney XD having heavy promotion for their anime block when there's a perfectly good anime of their Avengers properties already dubbed and ready to use...and nowhere in sight :confused:.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

Takara-Tomy is Hasbro's Japan buddy, right? Maybe Madhouse and its investors could create a licensing deal with them to avoid any conflicts.
    Knowing that Madhouse and Marvel seem to have a good relationship based on their past works, I'm at least expecting some good fight spectacles from the rookies, Avengers, and villains alike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheVileOne

Reporter

Yeah. It's a toyetic anime with their actual IP featured in it. With the popularity of things like Bakugan, Beyblade, Pokemon, Yokai Watch, etc, you think Disney would want in on the gravy train. It just seems like money is being left on the table here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Is it possible that they think is conflicts with AA?

7. TheVileOne

Reporter

I doubt it's that. I don't know how there could be. Dudley earlier said he heard it could be a conflict between Hasbro's Marvel license and Bandai's toy license for Disk Wars in Japan. No idea if that's the case.

I mean it's still Marvel's product and IP. Maybe there are people higher up who don't want people in the US to see it.

8. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Who really knows how these things work. I figured since doesn't match up 1 to 1 with MCU avengers they might not wanna show it for the American audience.

9. TheVileOne

Reporter

I doubt it's that either. The show clearly took some cues from the MCU for its version of the Avengers, outside of Wasp being a part of the lineup. I mean, Coulson was in the first episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Every anime under Marvel has been pretty lackluster so far, I'm worried about how this will end up being.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

This premiered, right?

12. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Yes. I just saw the first episode and even though it wasn't subbed or dubbed, I gotta say that I liked it. IMO, the art and animation is pretty good, and the story (based on what I was able deduce from watching it untranslated) is pretty good (so far). And yes, this series is (so far, IMO) better than both AVENGERS DISK WARS (which I liked despite it's premise) and AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (despite the series improving in the previous season and new season). Which is why we most likely won't see an English dub version of this series aired in the US,Canada,and Europe, LOL. Marvel won't let us have a nice Avengers cartoon any time soon, LOL.

Here's the trailer for the show.

• Like Like x 2
    #32 spyke, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  13. TheVileOne

Reporter

Bring this to the US Disney. Make it so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This does look delightfully less toyetic. I also like how they gave Tony his goatee.
    I hope it's not going to push the MCU too much and we get appearances of other Marvel characters. I love how Disk Wars had the X-Men in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Is this tied into a toyline like Disk Wars was? It really feels like a waste that there has been no hint of either show making it to this hemisphere, even if it's just officially online.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. osarumen

osarumen New Member

i have also watch episode 1 of marvel future avengers, but there is no link for episode 2. damn!!

Mod Note: Please don't mention any unofficial links for viewing episodes on this forum .

#36 osarumen, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2017
  17. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Bandai produces Yo-Kai Watch merch in Japan. Hasbro produces Yo-Kai Watch merch in the west. No one cares.

Disk Wars not getting a western release is just par for the course when it comes to Disney anime. They invested heavily in Heroman and produced an English dub (there's reason to believe they produced two, but it's hard to know if one wasn't just a pilot) ... just to air it in Asia. They produced an English dub, with many of the original voices returning, for the entire Stitch anime series and its TV specials ... just to air 5 episodes on Disney XD in the US before going back to Asia-only. Disk Wars was dubbed fully with a union LA cast ... just to air exclusively in Asia. The new Chinese Stitch cartoon was actually produced first in English ... but the staff involved has said there's no plans to bring it outside of Asia. I won't at all be surprised if six months from now we hear about Future Avengers getting dubbed ... exclusively for broadcast on Disney XD Asia.

Disney seems to believe if it was made it Asia, it should stay there. When you're a mutli-billion dollar business, you can afford to "forget" productions like this.

18. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I didn't know that Disney invested heavily in HEROMAN and did an English dub of that series. Of course, since Disney does own a small part of Stan Lee's POW ENTERTAINMENT, it makes sense that they would invest in the HEROMAN anime (which was a darn good series).

And not to by any means promote or encourage piracy of any kind, I can't help wondering why the English dub episodes of both HEROMAN and DISK WARS haven't even leaked online when other anime series (both dubbed and subbed) leak online? What makes the English versions of these series immune to piracy? Again, I'm ONLY asking these questions SOLELY out of curiosity.

19. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It probably has to do with where they're released as well as how that limits who actually sees them. From everything I've seen online, Disk Wars dub might have been limited to Malaysia or somewhere similar.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

20. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

That's quite possible. However, with todays technology that wouldn't necessarily prevent someone from recording the series and posting it up online. I'm just fascinated and amazed at how the English version of those shows seem to be immune to piracy.