1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Marvel Future Avengers" Anime Series News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by River26, Feb 27, 2017.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

From Anime News Network:
    Like with Disk Wars, Future Avengers also focuses on an original character's adventures. Which a pool of Avengers aids them on their journey. [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    #1 River26, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #2 Rick Jones, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Anime News Network also has some details:
    I edited this in the opening post as well to add a source.

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I'm really curious to see if this actually makes it here to America when Disk Wars didn't (despite having a ready English dub) o_O.

It seems like it's still a Toei co-production and a similar format to Disk Wars, right down to the same five Avengers paring with kids, only a little less toyetic. Interested to see more from this...

5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Two things I find interesting about this:
    - It doesn't seem to have a gimmick (like "Disk Wars" had well, disks).
    - Spider-Man isn't in the main line-up.

I wasn't a big fan of "Disk Wars", though to be fair I haven't watched the entire show either. I remember seeing the first few episodes and I thought it was kind of neat but I dropped it eventually.

I will give this new show a chance, once it comes out. It would be nice if it was officially released in other countries (or at least the US).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #5 RoyalRubble, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I still want to see that dub of Disk Wars :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

And we still dont have Disk Wars on American soil. Ugh.

Still, this one sounds like an improvement. While I've heard good things about Disk Wars, the disk gimmick didn't sound great, but having a show where the Avengers mentor younger kids with powers sounds a lot better conventionally. Also always glad to see more Wasp.

I wonder if this show will take place in the same continuity as Disk Wars.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Again no Ant-Man :( do you think this anime will have more MCU synergy?

9. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Me to. Has the English dub been released over seas? If it has, I'm surprised that it hasn't leaked online like so many other English language animated TV series that have aired in foreign markets. I think that Marvel might eventually air the English dub on either their website or on their youtube channel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

According to this ad compilation and preview clip, the English dub was released overseas (within Asian markets, most likely) at some point:

Though I'm not sure if they dubbed through all the episodes.

Does anyone figure that this series is loosely connected to Disk Wars? Wasp's design is eerily familiar to that show's version, yet Cap and Thor's outfits are less "robustly anime" with layered armor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I also still really want to know the English dub cast...to satisfy my curiosity, if nothing else.

12. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

Sidetracking to Disk Wars for a bit, but tons of speculation from the Behind The Voices site revealed some vague facts regarding the English Dub (which only aired in Malaysia, which spurred up a possible government/legal interference regarding credits).

Such as:

• Informative Informative x 5
  13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I do like how Disk Wars went the extra mile to get some voice actors to reprise their roles from EMH. Hopefully, if this new show gets a dub, they manage to do that again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh wow, thank you so much for posting this! Not knowing who was in the Disk Wars dub has been driving me crazy ever since we learned one was produced, but nice to finally have a better idea of who all was in it and who they voiced :D.

It's pretty awesome that they were able to get so many EMH vets to reprise their roles for this show, and even some Wolverine and the X-Men vets (with Yuri Lowenthal as Iceman). It's kind of depressing that we missed out on a chance to hear Colleen O'Shaughnessy and Wally Wingert reprising Wasp and Giant-Man though :(.

Jason Spisak as Deadpool? I need to hear this :p.

I could actually see Robbie Daymond as a solid Spidey. Whoever it was sounded pretty good (and better then Bell) in that one clip we saw :).

I wonder if Blum reprised Red Skull on-top of, obviously, Wolverine? Either that or they may have gotten Liam O'Brien back...

Pretty star-studded dub cast from the looks of it, one I'm disappointed we never got the chance to hear, as I'm sure Mary Elizabeth McGlynn did a great job on voice direction. Maybe someday ;)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jon T

Jon T Friendless Spidey

Yes, that's some good detective work on the English voices for Disk Wars! It's amazing that Marvel went to the trouble of being so consistent with EMH with many of the cast - all for a dub that was seemingly destined to never play in the West. I would have thought that for a dub that was only going to play in South East Asia, there wouldn't have been the same care and attention given to the series' casting.

I wonder if there were plans to actually bring Disk Wars over at some point, before it may have been decided otherwise? The "Fox ban" appears to be partially in effect in Disk Wars, since although the X-Men show up, the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom are notable by their absence. Either way, it's strange to think that a whole animated series Marvel invested in, with 52 episodes and an English dub, has been buried in such a fashion.

It would be really nice to think the same won't happen with Future Avengers, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought Disk Wars didn't come to the States because of a conflict in exclusive toy rights. Bandai handles them in Japan, while Hasbro does in America. That's what I heard anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if this is why this new series is getting made.
    Anyhoo, even though I enjoyed Disk Wars at first, I pretty much fell out of it halfway through. I do enjoy the novelty of seeing American superheroes having an anime, so I'll definitely check out this new series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. xfan1991

xfan1991 New Member

Hopefully this will air in North America also. the previous anime show DIsk Wars why has that not aired in North America, any reasons?

• Like Like x 2
  18. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Probably because DISK WARS, despite the generic toy driven premise, is a much better written,drawn,and animated show than AVENGERS ASSEMBLE is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

Chances of Marvel/Disney having legal subs of future avengers and puting it on chunchyroll isnt good.

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The series is set to have it's world premiere on July 22.

Additionally, the cast and staff for the production have been revealed.

The VA's for The Avengers are being retained from Disk Wars.

As for the staff:
    Key Visual:

[​IMG]