1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - October 2015

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by Ed Liu, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Comics Bot is having some minor upgrades done to work with the new forum software, so I'm creating this month's solicitation thread manually.

[​IMG]
    Marvel Comics Solicitations - October 2015

My comments:

- Now that Marvel and Kirby's estate have come to a deal, I cannot possibly express what an awesome idea it is to have Kirby Monster variant covers this month.
    - Chewbacca mini-series! Art by Phil Noto! Yay (though I expect I'm still waiting for the trade on that one).
    - Glad that Agents of Atlas is back, sad that it's not Jeff Parker and Leonard Kirk making a triumphant return. But Jimmy Woo and Gorilla Man on a cover makes up for a LOT of sins.
    - I would make a snarky comment about the Action Figure variant of Spider-Gwen and the American toy industry's seeming allergy to female action figures, but Marvel has been really good about that lately.
    - I might spring for that omnibus edition of Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Heard really good things about it.
    - In principle, I'd want that Uncanny X-Men V3 Omnibus, since it reprints a lot of my favorite comics ever (including the ones that turned me into a regular comics reader in the first place). But then I remember I still haven't even finished reading the first UXM Omnibus and didn't get the second one.
    - EDIT: Oh, yeah, the "hip hop variant" covers vaguely bugged me, but I wasn't sure why. I thought it was just asking, "Is this a stab at audience outreach to a black audience, or is this just marketing?" I'm apparently not alone, and David Brothers eloquently details what the real problem is (which goes a lot deeper than what I was able to articulate).

#1 Ed Liu, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015