Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Jul 15, 2014.
Man, really good month for comics here:
-All New X-Men 33(X-Men and Miles team up, the crossover no one asked for!)
-Amazing Spider-Man 7(Spidey-New Ms. Marvel teamup, plus Spider-Verse tale, I am hype!)
-Amazing Spider-Man 8(Another Spider-verse tale, wonder how many crossovers ASM will have next month)
-Avengers 36(Looks like Thor is leading some of the team to a different planet at AIM? Interesting.)
-Avengers 37(Very happy this book is double shipping as we get closer to the end point)
-AXIS 1(What I've been waiting for, I've been hyped for this eventual Remeder event since I first raid Uncanny X-Force!)
-AXIS 2(Cyclops and Havok teaming up? WHAT!)
-Axis 3(Something tells me at the end of act one, the heroes and villains do a switchup of some kind which leads to act 2 and makes things a literal axis.)
-Axis Revolutions 1(I'm so excited for the event I'm even getting crossovers)
-Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier 1(This book should be very interesting after the events of Original Sin)
-Captain America 25(I guess this is the last issue, it's been a fun run.)
-Deadpool 36(Looks to be another great tie in)
-DOW: Deadpool and Captain America 1(Very excited to read this, old Cap teaming up with Deadpool just ensures hilarity!)
-Edge Of Spider-Verse 4(I'm down for all of these tales, they look fun)
-Edge Of Spider-Verse 5(My most anticipated one shot)
-GOTG 20(I'm reading the book again for this arc, I'm sure it will be character assisination each issue, so if I don't like it, I'll just act like this is out of continuity )
-Hawkeye Vs. Deadpool 1(Very excited for this, Gerry Duggan has become one of my favorite writers)
-Hulk 7(I'm starting to read this book again when Gerry Duggan takes over the title so..)
-Loki 7(Eh, for Axis)
-Magneto 11(Again, eh, just getting for Axis)
-Miles Morales 6(Man, this guy just keeps having tough times)
-Ms. Marvel 9(Not much too say here, just along for the ride at this point)
-New Avengers 25(What used to be my favorite Avengers book till the latest Uncanny Avengers arc, still a fun book though)
-Nova 22(Sure, why not!)
-Spider-Man 2099 4(And our first arc comes to a end, really enjoyed issue 1 of this book)
-Spider-Man 2099 5(And we are already back, with original 2099 creative team all together(sans inkers and colorers probably? )
-Uncanny Avengers 25(Of course I can't wait for this)
-Uncanny X-Men 27(Very interested in this book, but I wish Bendis would start double shipping it or something, pacy is way too slow in it.)
Also I'm getting Original Sin hardcover this month, the first Marvel event I waited on trade for, mainly because this event really didn't seem to be changing the universe that much and because it would be more fun to read in one go.
I'll be getting Daredevil, Axis: Hobgoblin (I love the original Hobgoblin) and, once I finish reading Superior Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man.
I'll wait for a price drop or sale on The Punisher, Guardians 3000, Miracleman, and George Romero's Empire of the Dead.
I'm going to wait for reviews of Buck Barnes: Winter Soldier and Deathlok before I decide if I pick them up (even then they'll most likely end up being "price drop/sale" titles).
What I plan on picking up:
All New X-Factor # 15
All New X-Men #33
Amazing Spider-Man #7-8
Amazing X-Men # 12
Avengers World #14
Captain America #25
Captain Marvel #8
Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy #1
Edge of Spider-Verse #5
Ms. Marvel #9
New Warriors #11
Spider-Man 2099 #4-5
Storm # 4
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #16
Uncanny Avengers #25
General Comic Thoughts:
- I'll be reading Axis, if only because I have confidence in a Rick Remender event, but I'm not sure if I'll read any of the Villain tie-ins even though I have interest in Hobgoblin and Carnage.
- I'm definitely reading the Charles Soule issues of Logan Legacy, but otherwise I'm not sure if I'll pick up the other ones though it is interesting to have a bunch of Batman writers working on them. X-23's issue is one I can definitely see myself picking up if I feel I can manage it. I hope Soules issues also deal with the aftermath of Wolverine's death from the perspective of other characters like Cyclops and Spider-Man, since their reactions are what I'm most looking forward to seeing.
- Seeing Spidey teaming up with Ms. Marvel is awesome and is probably going to be a fun team-up .
- I'm going to miss Steve, even though I know he'll come back eventually, but I look forward to seeing Sam as Cap and I'll definitely be sticking with the book .
-Well, Hawkeye's finally ending. Hopefully Fraction can pull out a satisfying ending for what's likely going to be his last Marvel book for some time.
- She-Hulk vs. Matt Murdock with Steve Rogers in the middle? Sign me up .