1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - October 2013

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

1-Infinity 4
    2-Infinity 5
    3-Avengers 21
    4-Avengers 22
    5-New Avengers 11
    6-Secret Avengers 10
    7-Mighty Avengers 2
    8-Nova 9
    9-GOTG 8
    10-Infinity: The Hunt 2
    11-Infinity: The Hunt 3
    12-Young Avengers 11
    13-A+X 13
    14-Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man 28
    15-Superior Spider-Man 19
    16-Superior Spider-Man 20
    17-Superior Spider-Man Teamup 5
    18-Superior Foes Of Spider-Man 5
    19-All New X-Men Special 1
    20-Indestructible Hulk Special 1
    21-Superior Spider-Man Team Up Special 1
    22-Captain America 12
    23-All New X-Men 17
    24-X-MEN 6
    25-Uncanny X-Men 13
    26-Wolverine And The X-MEN 37
    27-X-Men: Battle Of The Atom 2

3. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

The fact that all of the Ultimate storylines are wrapping up the same time as the "Hunger" mini follow-up "Cataclysm" starts with a Classified solicitation really makes me worry for the future of the Ultimate universe.

Also, No Hawkeye this month? Boo on you, Marvel. Boo.

Getting
    -Marvel: Now What?! #1: Oh, I'm in. I'm so in. And that cover is EPIC.
    -Daredevil #32
    -All-New X-Men #17
    -Uncanny X-Men #13
    -Kick Ass 3 #5 (of 8)

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note
    -A+X #13: Seriously? A multi-part story in an anthology series? That's kinda stupid.
    -Captain America: Living Legend #1 and 2 (of 4): So that "Astonishing Captain America" story finally sees the light of day.
    -Fantomex MAX #1 (of 4): Love me some Fantomex, but an unknown (to me) creative team may have me trade waiting so I can see some reviews first.

4. Dragonpiece

It says it is the story that is wrapping up the series so it makes sense. Looks like the book is ending at issue 18. And also, you will be very confused by battle of the atom if you are only getting some of the books.

5. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Not really. In this day and age, on the wonderful world of "Internet," you can easily find a recap of any comic you don't read. Not really down with buying comics I don't really care about just because a company tells you that you have to.

I'm still on the fence if I'll get the entire event or not. If the first parts I get are good, I'll probably grab the rest. But I'm not totally invested in it off the bat.

6. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Man, I hate for the Ultimate Universe to go out the way they seem to be hinting it will. But Ultimate's been struggling outside of Ultimate Spider-Man so I guess it makes sense it's going to go out this way. Ultimatum basically killed the universe, and this is the final nail in the coffin. A big shame considering how I once loved the Ultimate Universe a ton.

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I've seen speculation that they might somehow try to save Ultimate Spider-Man and its relevant characters by shunting them off to the mainstream U or another universe. Bendis has confirmed they at least plan on continuing the series up until the 200th issue anniversary of the original Ultimate Spider-Man.

8. Dragonpiece

Yeah, it will probably get a new title change though or a Marvel NOW branding at least.

9. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Kind of a shame to see the universe go. While it's had it's lows (of which there's been many) post-Ultimatum, the books have started to get their legs back. Ultimate Comics X-Men in particular has done some very interesting stuff since they've introduced Ultimate Utopia.

I can easily see them absorbing Miles into the regular universe, though. A new Spider-Man book set in the main universe, most likely with a bright new #1? Easy sales for Marvel.

10. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I think they've massively dropped the ball with the Ultimate Universe. Ultimatum ruined Ultimate X-Men by killing off most of their interesting characters, Hickman turned The Ultimates from edgy to boring and Bendis clearly got bored of writing Ultimate Spider-Man/Peter Parker hence the decision to kill him off.

It is a shame, there was some great stories back before the revamps and the decent writers leaving.

11. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I really liked Hickman's time on Ultimates, it was the best the book's been since Mark Millar. Of course Esad Ribic's art helped a lot. Humphries is really the one I feel that killed that book. Although the new writer, Joshua Hale Fialkov has been doing a pretty good job so far.

Ultimate X-Men right now is the best its been in a while too. Nick Spencer's run was pretty good, but Brian Wood's been killing it, but he's leaving after this arc so who knows what'll happen with the book.

Ultimate Spider-Man's definitely been the most consistent book though and has had some great art between Sara Pichelli & David Marquez, and while Miles isn't the most funny character, I'd say Ganke more than makes up for that. But yeah if any Ultimate book is getting "saved" and integrated into the Marvel U it makes sense it'd be this one since its the easiest to integrate since Miles doesn't have a MU counterpart occupying his spot just 4 spider-men between Spider-Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider and soon Spider-Man 2099.

12. Captain Travis

I don't want all these spider-men hanging around though I don't think 2099 is here to stay

13. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Bendis put this up on his blog today.
    BENDIS!, San diego schedule complete with all signing times!

He says there's going to be a "startling announcement" about the Ultimate U at Comic Con. I'm predicting either the "Everyone but Spidey dies" theory is confirmed, or something just as drastic like a full-on continuity reboot to bring back all the recognizable characters they killed (except maybe Peter).

14. I_Spyral

I_Spyral Moonrider

DAREDEVIL #32

FANTOMEX MAX #1 (of 4)

FF #13

MARVEL KNIGHTS: SPIDER-MAN #1 (of 5)

ALL-NEW X-MEN #17

UNCANNY X-MEN #13

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #37

X-MEN #6

15. I_Spyral

I_Spyral Moonrider

They should realize by now that that's not going to save the UU. Post-Ultimatum UU has been a failed experiment, so I hope it's something that involves rebooting or bringing back a character.