1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - May 2013

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

UNCANNY AVENGERS #8AU
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #8
    ALL-NEW X-MEN #11
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #7
    DAREDEVIL: END OF DAYS #8 (of 8)
    WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #29-30
    FURY MAX #12
    WOLVERINE MAX #7
    KICK-ASS 3 #1 (of 8)

Hmmm. Is Fury Max the penultimate issue to the arc or the series? Is the format for all Max comics now to do "longer limited/mini" series' (Jason Aaron's Punishermax)? A Part 3 to Kick-Ass. I dont know about everyone else, but I'm starting to get tired of Kick-Ass a little bit. I hope this is it or a while. This will no doubt feel like it's lasting/dragging longer becuse it WILL run late just like the previous titles.

3. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Getting
    -Age of Ultron #7 (of 10)
    -Age of Ultron #8 (of 10)
    -Daredevil #26
    -Hawkeye #11:
    Pizza Dog!!! Man, I love this series.
    -Gambit #12 & 13: Having almost zero Marvel books I get monthly, plus the book finding it's voice, made me start getting it again.
    -X-Factor #255 & 256
    -Kick-Ass 3 #1 (of 8)

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note
    -Uncanny X-Men #6: Grabbed the first few issues of All New X-Men and enjoyed them, so looked forward to this series as well. But between Bachalo and now Frazer Irving, the art team is killing any want I have for it.
    -Avenging Spider-Man #20 & 21: Checchetto on art is really making me re-think my decision to drop the book. Having Nu-Spidey in it probably kills a lot of the humor the book had, though, which was one of the few reasons I read it.
    -Winter Soldier #18: If the new creative team is good. Haven't had the chance to read their first issue yet.

4. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

deadpool
    guardians of the galaxy
    kick-ass
    morbius: The living vampire
    thor: God of thunder
    thunderbolts
    young avengers

5. Villano

Villano Member

I'll be getting my usual

Captain America
    Daredevil
    Fearless Defenders
    FF
    Scarlet Spider
    Superior Spider-Man

On the fence

Uncanny X-Force - I love Puck and Spiral, but the first issue didn't do much for me. I'll give it to issue #3 before I decide if I'm going to drop the title.

Maybe

Gambit #12 - 13 - I've never cared much about Gambit one way or another, but I might pick this up for the Tombstone appearance.

Captain Universe: The Hero Who Could Be You - I'll put this on my "to buy eventually" list. Probably when I get an Amazon gift card at Christmas.