1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - May 2012

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

AVENGERS VS X-MEN #3-4
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: ENDS OF THE EARTH #1
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #39
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #685-686
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: PARALLEL LIVES #1
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #11-12
    WINTER SOLDIER #5
    INCREDIBLE HULK #8
    THE PUNISHER #11
    FURY MAX #1-2
    SECRET SERVICE #2

wow. i can't remember the last time my marvel list was this big. what's the deal with the avenger movie prequel/tie in comics? is there going to be a captain america one? i get the feeling there will be some stuff that wont get covered regarding cap in the avengers movie.

3. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Well, I decided to drop Uncanny X-Men and X-Men Legacy after Legacy's current arc and maybe Uncanny's post-current-arc, pre-AvX two-parter. I want to read Legacy involving She-Hulk, it is just that I'm going to reinforce the fact that I have a budget and want to focus on that Exiled crossover.

YES I AM BUYING
    -Amazing Spider-Man 685
    -Amazing Spider-Man 686
    -Amazing Spider-Man Annual #39
    -Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth one-shot
    -Avengers Vs X-Men 3
    -Avengers Vs X-Men 4
    -Avenging Spider-Man 7
    -Exiled one-shot
    -John Carter: Gods of Mars 3
    -Journey Into Mystery 637
    -Journey Into Mystery 638
    -New Mutants 42
    -New Mutants 43
    -Scarlet Spider 5
    -Wolverine & the X-Men 10
    -Wolverine & the X-Men 11
    -Wolverine & the X-Men: Alpha & Omega 5

I WANT TO, BUT I NEED MONEY
    -Astonishing X-Men #50
    -Avengers Academy #29
    -Avengers Academy #30
    -AVX: Versus #2
    -Takio #1
    -X-Men Legacy 266
    -X-Men Legacy 267
    -Uncanny X-Men 12

DOWN THE ROAD
    -Avengers Academy: Second Semester HC trade
    -Generation Hope: The End of a Generation TPB
    -Kick-Ass 2 HC
    -Moon Knight by Bendis & Maleev Vol 1 TPB (or HC) & Vol 2 HC
    -New Mutants Classic Vol 7
    -Spider-Man: Big Time Ultimate Collection TPB

4. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

My only real changes this month is that I dropped Ultimates. A few are still teetering, but only one official drop. Not like the house cleaning I did with my DC pull list.

Getting
    -Avengers #26
    -Avenging Spider-Man #7
    -New Avengers #26: I like Bendis, but for some reason I fear him messing with Iron Fist's history.
    -Ultimate Comics X-Men #11
    -Ultimate Comics X-Men #12
    -Captain America #11 & 12
    -Winter Soldier #5
    -The Punisher #11
    -Daredevil #12: Chris Samnee on Daredevil? Oh. Heck. Yeah.
    -Daredevil #13
    -Uncanny X-Force #25
    -X-Factor #235 & 236
    -Deadpool #54
    -Deadpool #55

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note
    -Avengers vs. X-Men #3-4 (of 12): Waiting on the first issue/reviews to determine if I get it.
    -Captain America And Hawkeye #630 & 631: Still unsure if I'll keep this after the switch-over. Double shipping isn't helping.
    -Fury MAX #1 & 2: Eh, not sure. Wasn't too fond of Ennis' previous Fury minis.
    -Takio #1: Kind of wish they would have just continued these as a series of graphic novels. The first was actually pretty decent.
    -X-Men: Operation Zero Tolerance HC: This was around when I got out of comics for a while, so it'd be nice to kind of pick up around that time. That $75 price tag is rough, though.

5. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

Comics I’ll be buying

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #10
    Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1
    Amazing Spider-Man #685
    Amazing Spider-Man #686

Comics I might buy

Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man #2
    Amazing Spider-Man Annual #39

Yes, this is the most Marvel I've bought in one month in ages...

Does anyone know if the Spidey Annual's part of the "Ends of the Earth" storyline?

6. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

According to the solicits, nope. But it is a 48-page $3.99 issue co-starring the Avengers.

7. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Been a while since I participated in one of these threads. Yes, I'm still getting EVERY SINGLE MARVEL COMIC that comes out each month, thanks to my work for Marvel Comics, so yeah, I'm reading Marvel like crazy each month...

Still, maybe I can point out what I've been focusing on reading each month (because I can't read them all. At least not yet). Here's what I've been enjoying though:

Amazing Spider-Man #685 & 686: I just finished reading "Spider Island", which was awesome!! Dan Slott is truly on his game as of late...
    Astonishing X-Men #50
    Avengers #26
    Avengers Academy #29 & 30:
    I know fans are tired of double-shipping series, but this one is at least still $2.99!
    Avengers vs. X-Men #3 & 4: Yes, I am checking it out...
    Captain America #11 & 12
    Daredevil #12 & 13:
    Another $2.99 title!
    Fury MAX #1: I LOVED Garth Ennis' "Fury: Peacemaker" mini-series a few years back, and it's Ennis doing a "MAX" title. Definitely looking forward to this!
    Hulk #51 & 52: Another $2.99 title!
    Incredible Hulk #7.1 & 8
    Invincible Iron Man #516 & 517
    John Carter: The Gods of Mars #3
    New Avengers #26
    The Punisher #11
    Venom #17 & 18:
    Definitely the surprise hit of the last year, for me!
    Wolverine #306 & 307
    Wolverine and the X-Men #10 & 11

NOTEWORTHY:

Marvel's re-releasing my favorite of their Graphic Novels: Amazing Spider-Man: Parallel Lives. Strange that they are bringing it back, considering how much trouble Marvel's gone to for erasing the Spidey marriage from existence.

And AN UPDATE ON MY WRITING:

With the Marvel Index ending, I've picked up some work writing entries for the Marvel Handbook line of books. So my name will start appearing in the credits with either this TPB #5, or in next month's TPB #6.

Also, in the TPB design department, I helped put together the contents of the "Iron Man: Revenge of the Mandarin" Premier HC. Classic Kurt Busiek goodness from the late '90's!

8. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Apparently, the official movie tie-ins cover the stuff that takes place in-between or before all the MCU movies. The Road to the Avengers trade coming out this month collects the various tie-in/adaptations from the previous movies. The Avengers Prelude comics coming out in March & April (plus the digital-only release Fury's Big Week) apparently
    Then, there's stuff outside the movies and AvX to promote brand awareness/sell more stuff like Avengers Assemble, which is simply the 616 equivalents of the movie cast in their own comic; all those Avengers "Art Appreciation" variant covers in April; and May's Hulk Smash Avengers 5-week event, which kinda reminds me of that episode of the Fairly Oddparents where Crimson Chins from various eras (WW2-era Chin, Disco Chin, 80s ultra-violence Chin, etc) got together.

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

9. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

the stuff i think we'll be missing in regards to cap in the movies is his "adjustment" period. the teaser at the end of captain america makes it seem like he's thrown right into action after being revived in the present day. i really wanted there to be a second captain america film before the avengers movie. in the second film, i wanted that to be cap's "adjustment" story and focus on that.

10. King9

King9 Embraced One

I can't wait for that Venom arc. I'm loving Circle of Four right now, but the next arc sounds truly epic.

If I had more money I'd pick up Daredevil. I've heard good things and I've always wanted to get into DD.