1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - March 2013

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

UNCANNY AVENGERS #6 - only got this because cassaday was doing the art, but the first 2 issues really blew me away. so i'm hanging on a little longer. if only remender's writing in captain america came close to uncanny avengers, i wouldn't be dropping that the moment romita leaves.
    ALL-NEW X-MEN #8 & 9
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #5
    DAREDEVIL: END OF DAYS #6 (of 8)
    WOLVERINE MAX #5
    FURY MAX #10

what the heck is age of ultron? is this another legit event or is it just a regular mini series (but more epic)? i'm usually suckered into marvel's events every year or so, but i have no idea what this is and have no interest in the plot/story based on the issue descriptions. i skipped on "fear itself" for the same reasons and i did just fine with my regular books as the event was going on and after the event.

#2 rggkjg1, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
  3. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

[QUOTE=rggkjg1;4068215

what the heck is [I]age of ultron[/I]? is this another legit event or is it just a regular mini series (but more epic)? i'm usually suckered into marvel's events every year or so, but i have no idea what this is and have no interest in the plot/story based on the issue descriptions. i skipped on "fear itself" for the same reasons and i did just fine with my regular books as the event was going on and after the event.[/QUOTE]
    It is a legit event that will have lasting impacts on the Marvel universe. It was teased in last years FCBD issue like the Trinity War was for DC Comics.

Will update this post with the comics I'm getting in a bit...

4. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Actually, it was teased long before that. It was first mentioned in the very first Avengers storyline post-Seige, when it relaunched with a new #1. It's been said that it was supposed to be 2012's "event comic" but was delayed in favor of A vs. X.

My picks:

Getting
    -Age of Ultron #1-3 (of 10): The true end of Bendis's Avengers run begins.
    -Hawkeye #9
    -Daredevil #24
    -X-Factor #253

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note
    -Uncanny Avengers #6: Man, Remembder really loves himself some Apocalypse, huh?
    -Avenging Spider-Man #18: Checchetto on art? Sooooo tempting.
    -Ultimate Comics Ultimates #22 & 23: Ha! That would be so hillarious if the Marvel U and the Ultimate U switched Nick Furys.
    -Ultimate Comics Wolverine #1 (of 4): I always kinda liked the Jimmy Hudson character. It's a mini, so I'll probably wait on the trade, though.

I'd probably complain about a triple-shipping event comic, but since I'm down to only three Marvel books now, the blow isn't as bad as it used to be financially.

5. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

What I am picking up and thoughts as I go along...
    -Age Of Ultron #1
    -Age Of Ultron #2
    -Age Of Ultron #3(Looking forward to this series, the premise sounds excellent.)
    -All New X-Men #8(Original 5 meeting the Avengers? Ok then...why? Who cares how they react, they already saw a man out of the time before!)
    -All New X-men #9(New Costumes YAY! Looking forward to what Scott and Jean's costumes will be...)
    -Alpha: Big Time #2(Starting to look forward to this, would just like a preview or some sort...)
    -Avengers #7(I am just loving these huge idea's being brought into The Avengers, surprised it's never been done before now.)
    -Avengers #8(We are just now going to realize connections between this and New Avengers? Ok...)
    -Avenging Spider-Man #18( Can't wait for next week, when I can stop being confused about solicitations with Superior Spider-Man)
    -Captain America #5(Loved the first issue, can't wait to continue the series. And man, that kid grows up fast.)
    -Deadpool #6(Looking forward to seeing what happens in the next Deadpool arc, haven't even gotten issue 2 yet, but I can tell this will be a stale arc)
    -Fantastic Four #5(Finally doing some time travel, cool! And it looks to be at a fun time history too!)
    -Fantastic Four #5 AU(Age Of Ultron really feels like it is trying to force itself into continuity, and even though I know nothing major will come out of the issue, I guess I'll still pick it up.)
    -FF #5( Spotlight on Medusa this issue...intruging..)
    -Guardians Of The Galaxy #1(Looking forward to this a lot, regardless of Iron Man joining. And "Galactic Avengers"? I'd really like this to stop being compared to the Avengers to be honest. Regardless, I have faith Bendis will deliver. I enjoyed the one shot story in the point one if anything.
    -New Avengers #4(Oh boy...Galactus)
    -Nova #2(Picking this up, I liked the one shot in the point one...and it looks like they are already making ties to GOTG...)
    -Superior Spider-Man #5(Why won't this Spider-Man kill a super villain? And why does he have to?
    -Superior Spider-Man #6(What is Superior Spider-Man not good with? Using the internet?)
    -Superior Spider-Man #6 AU(Like I said with Fantastic Four's tie in, this is probably pointless. But I am still interested, they said Peter Parker is Spider-Man in the main series, but why is SS-M in this even then??! HMMM)
    -Uncanny Avengers #6(Don't read Thor, need to catch up, but nice continuity nods...Sounds like some crazy things happen in this arc..)
    -Uncanny X-Men #3(I think Bendis said in a interview this issue will crossover with All New X-Men #9 so that's interesting for sure...wonder what this new for Magneto is Bendis is so happy about sharing)
    -Young Avengers #3(Still just sold on this series, definitely gonna be a underrated hit...)

Man, 23 comics from marvel and 17 from DC. To be fair though, 7 of the Marvel comics are double or triple shipments though which DC does not do.

6. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Hawkeye and Young Avengers definitely and maybe, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Avengers and New Avengers.

7. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

OK, so Marvel get Milo Manara to make them a cover for Guardians of the Galaxy, with the heroine wearing as little as possible, and yet it's DC that constantly gets accused of objectifying women
    I don't get it!

Well, will get Guardians anyway

8. wonderfly

wonderfly Say yes!
    Staff Member Administrator

That's Gamora's standard costume. Okay, it might've gotten slightly more skimpy over the years (1st cover is from the 70's, it's the earliest cover I can find with her on it. 2nd cover is from the 90's):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It's on par with DC's Starfire. Gamora's a creation of the 70's (same can be said for Moondragon, seen in the cover above as well). Really, they were all just tributes to Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, and serials of the 1940's.

But anyway, it's not the costume, but how they're portrayed. And I'll take the modern day version of Gamora over the New 52's Starfire any day...

9. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Isn't Starfire in a new outfit now and a commander of her own starfleet?