1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - June 2015

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by Comics.Bot, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

That has to be the biggest/longest solicitations from a publisher I've ever seen. I know everyone complains about the amount of tie ins for an event, but still buy them anyway. But seriously, does Marvel really believe people are going to buy even a significant/noticeable portion of all these new comics that isn't the MAIN mini series? All I'm getting in that regard is X-Men '92 (and I have to honestly ask, is this really tied into Secret Wars) and Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows. Speaking of tie ins, why don't they just do it: Secret Wars - STAR WARS. That I would be all in for. For the novelty purposes only.

Hmm. Looks like we finally got to the "cancelation" of Fantastic Four.

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

So disappointed the 1602 Young Avengers is just a one shot and not a continuing story like Original Sins.

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Just started with Spider-Gwen. Weirdworld looks like a maybe. I've ordered Where Monsters Dwell, just for kicks. Just not feeling a lot of this, though.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What I plan on getting:

1872 #1
    A-Force #2
    All-New Hawkeye #4
    Amazing Spider-Man 19.1
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1-2
    Armor Wars #1
    Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps. #1
    Future Imperfect #1
    Ms. Marvel #16
    S.H.I.E.L.D. #7
    Secret Wars #3-4
    Secret Wars 2099 #2
    Silver Surfer #13
    Spider-Gwen #5
    Star Wars #6
    Thors #1
    Ultimate End #2
    X-Men '92 #1

General Comic Thoughts:

- A part of me really, really, wants to be excited about Renew Your Vows. But knowing Marvel's track record, and the fact that they have Slott writing it, it's probably a mistake to get my hopes up :sad:.

- But, hey, at least the Eddie Brock Venom is back :).

- So...apparently Daisy Johnson was named Skye in the MU proper now :sweat:.

- While I'd prefer to see the main Thor storyline continued, Thors sounds like it'll be a lot of fun :cool:.

- If nothing else, X-Men '92 might make Secret Wars worth it for me :D.

- Even the Silk solicit pokes fun at the SpideyxSilk relationship :p.

- Making a Carol Corps. book seems a little on the nose, but it'll be nice seeing those female fighter pilots from Carol's original CM run back ;).

- I had a feeling Arno would cause trouble for Tony...I just didn't think it would be in an AU storyline :ack:.

- Those Ms. Marvel solicits have me really feeling for Kamala. I'm expecting a lot of feels :crying:.

- So I wonder who'll end up the Big Bad of this version of Secret Wars by the end? The Cabal? Or Doom :eek:.

- I really hope Wasp is in A-Force, or at least get some focus :(.